: Driving STSV in the Heat

weimeblu
06-19-06, 07:46 PM
Anyone having issues with driving the V in hotter weather? We had our first warm weather weekend on the East coast and I'm getting a horrendous heat wave in the cabin following any significant use of supercharger boost at freeway speeds. Seems that the intercooler radiator is dumping the compression heat directly into the AC condenser. Not too surprising given five radiators on the front of the V all competing for cool air (engine coolant, intercooler, transmission, power steering, and AC).

Jesda
06-19-06, 07:55 PM
Also, the AC cutting off at high RPMs as a safety? I assume the STS does that.

caddydaddy
06-20-06, 10:38 AM
yeah, that sounds like what's going on. Don't most cars cut the A/C compressor at high throttle?

weimeblu
06-20-06, 09:25 PM
AC cut-out at high RPM could be a factor, but the heat wave I'm getting occurs after I've returned to normal highway speeds and lasts for several minutes. Feels like part of it is extra heat coming through the firewall from working the engine and part may be a reduction in AC effieciency as the AC condense gets hit with the heat shed from the intercooling circuit radiator.

Kinda takes all the fun out of misbehaving on a beautiful summer day.

jagnutz
07-11-06, 11:22 PM
Haven't had the same experience. Air still blows ice cold at 130!!!

0luke1
07-15-06, 05:06 PM
same here - I've driven sustained high speed in 90 degree weather with no problems

crypto_coyle79
08-28-06, 11:55 PM
GM configs there AC compressors to reengage at full throttle to give full engine power but it should come right back at lift off.

Jamler
09-05-06, 09:59 AM
GM configs there AC compressors to reengage at full throttle to give full engine power but it should come right back at lift off.

Well there ya have it... As soon as you "Lift Off" all is fine...
So I guess the AC engages upon catching air!!!! Cool F'n Car man!

JC