: New pics.

Revoh
06-19-06, 02:27 PM
I took these yesterday. I know, a lot of you guys already saw them on another messageboard, but I liked them, so you have to see them here, too. :thepan:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay00535.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay00235.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay01135.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay00435.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay00735.jpg
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadillacPicDay00835.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-06, 04:45 PM
God she's a beaut! Don't see many Fleetwoods in that light beige.

Revoh
06-19-06, 07:34 PM
Thanks!

That probably wouldn't have been my first choice for the color, but it has grown on me. It does clean up nice! :thumbsup:

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h274/Revoh1/CadWaxedSide.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-19-06, 07:39 PM
That probably wouldn't have been my first choice for the color, but it has grown on me. It does clean up nice! :thumbsup:

Same here. I wouldn't have ordered my '92 deville in light beige. I would have gone with Slate Green Metallic. I would have done the same on a '95 Fleetwood too. I think they called it a different color though, maybe Calypso green or somethin.

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 09:30 PM
Said it on the other board, but I'll say it here again--PURTY:thumbsup:

Can't wait to join the ranks of you with SS's:)

attilahooper
06-19-06, 10:20 PM
nice example of the fwb, I really dont mind looking at it twice. I might even make it my desktop :)

85_fleetwood
06-20-06, 12:16 AM
My caddy > Your caddy

Big_Blue
06-20-06, 12:21 AM
very classy but I must admit that you need some white walls. Straight black tires stand out as being visually big and the white give it a smaller look. Like a camera trick or something but other then that your car is very very classy

Benzilla
06-20-06, 01:23 AM
:yeah:
Fleetwood Brougham+blackwalls=:vomit: not sporty

Other than that, kickass ride :)

caddycruiser
06-20-06, 05:33 AM
Weird comments. I understand the "you need whitewalls" argument on the stock 15" wheels (even though mine looks awesome w/o them, and STILL gets comments about how nice it looks), but with something like the larger 17" SS wheels...that just wouldn't look good.

You can get a proper 17" tire--though a bit narrower--with a white stripe (OEM on new Town Cars), but that really would look awful. The FW isn't a sports car, but I still think SS wheels and the larger blackwall tires give it a whole new and still OEM flavor. Kind of like the V-series Cadillacs today, and especially so if you also throw in some suspension/drivetrain mods, which a lot do.

Mine will look EXACTLY like Revoh's in a couple days, save for even wider tires and different caps, so start liking it...:)

A stock Fleetwood/Brougham is beautiful with the stock wheels and whites, but this is just another awesome look with some nice benefits in my book:thumbsup:

Revoh
06-20-06, 08:14 AM
Whitewalls, huh?

Well, thanks for the compliments. :)

I'll probably stick with the blackwalls for now. Maybe when I get to be about 75 years old, I'll get the original wheels and whitewalls back out of the garage and stick 'em on there. :crybaby:

Destroyer
06-20-06, 09:47 AM
Whitewalls, huh?

Well, thanks for the compliments. :)

I'll probably stick with the blackwalls for now. Maybe when I get to be about 75 years old, I'll get the original wheels and whitewalls back out of the garage and stick 'em on there. :crybaby:I'm with you man. Dont listen to 'em. They said the same thing about mine. Funny thing is, considering most these guys are younger than me, they really have old people taste in here. F'ing whitewalls? That shit is out!.

caddycruiser
06-20-06, 10:09 AM
I understand keeping the stock look, whitewalls and all--our white '93, for instance, looks AMAZING in 100% stock form, and the whitewalls are a big part of it.

But ww's & SS's don't jive. That's all just personal preference though.

Still looks great, and that scenery you found is OUT OF THIS WORLD, for pics:thumbsup:

Destroyer- Car looks terrific, and definately more unique being the "old" style with SS's. Any pics that show those CTS centerpieces?

Destroyer
06-20-06, 05:16 PM
Any pics that show those CTS centerpieces?Keep forgetting to take them, just shot a few in the garage for you. :thumbsup:

Benzilla
06-20-06, 05:29 PM
White walls are not out! where thew f*ck do you get that? Its not "sporty" to have massive hunks of black rubber stuffed in your fenders. For some reason, stock Impalas look better than the Fleetwood, how big are those tires? they look out of place, maby if you got a lower profile it would look better, I like the ones on Destroyer's caddy.

whitewalls aren't old man, they have class on these cars, I guess you don't go for that look.

ted tcb
06-20-06, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't change a thing to the look of your car.

The aluminum rims and black walls set off the body lines perfectly ... a marriage of luxury and sport, if you will.

Save the whitewalls for the blue hair crowd driving to their early bird dinners in central Florida.

Revoh
06-20-06, 05:49 PM
On my car, that is the size tire that is required to keep the stock tire height and not mess up the spedometer. That's about $800 woth of tires alone. I didn't skimp there, class or not.

Honestly, it is classier to not say negative stuff about someone's car, if that is the theme here, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I actually run into this attitude a lot here. I've never seen it anywhere else. :confused:

caddycruiser
06-20-06, 06:09 PM
On my car, that is the size tire that is required to keep the stock tire height and not mess up the spedometer. That's about $800 woth of tires alone. I didn't skimp there, class or not.

Honestly, it is classier to not say negative stuff about someone's car, if that is the theme here, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. I actually run into this attitude a lot here. I've never seen it anywhere else. :confused:

Tell me about it. I started out on this board, but have been spending most of my time over on the SS one anymore.

Regardless, on the Caddy, you do need (or it is at least advised) to run a slightly taller profile than an SS (-55 vs. -50), both to keep the speedo in check and to look more fitting of the Caddy's larger body.

As for me, wait until tomorrow, when my MONSTER 275-50-17's arrive...they're even closer to the stock 235-70-15 diameter, and a big reason why I bought this particular set.

Classic Caddy or a little more updated and, yes, sporty? All depends on your taste, so buy what you like:thumbsup:

Destroyer- Thanks SO much for those pics! Mine are coming tomorrow, and I'm still not sure what centers I'll use, but yours certainly do look great. We'll see...maybe I'll run both for a while and choose later:)

Bro-Ham
06-20-06, 06:18 PM
Hi,

Nice looking FWB!!! Great pictures!

I love reading the comments about what looks good and what doesn't. Everyone has different ideas of what is pleasing to the eye and it's great we don't all do things the same and also don't take our cars too seriously.

I feel the SS wheels do help out the 93-96 FWB quite a bit.

If I were to own a 93-96 I'd probably do the SS wheels with the skinny Town Car 17" whitewalls - - just to be different. Who else would have one like that?!

Dave

Rick186
06-20-06, 06:30 PM
I dunno!

Go see my post about the Cooper Whites. Yet I gotta say that this Cad, with the wheels as they are and the Beige color over blacwalls looks MEAN!

I kinda think the two go together. The car has a sort of "hunkered down" look. I'm even trying to imagine WSWs on it and having a hard time despite the fact that "all" FWBs "should" have WSWs.

Revoh
06-20-06, 07:25 PM
Thanks, guys. I appreciate all the comments.

I probably shouldn't have typed my little rant. I just sort of got frustrated when I came here for an ego boost, and right off the bat I felt like I had to try and defend something. If I want to know what's wrong with it, I'll just listen to my wife! :crybaby:

N0DIH
06-20-06, 08:19 PM
Your FW is nearly a twin to mine, sans the wheels. Yeah, the color wasn't my first choice, but I don't mind. It is not one I see a twin to often around here. (Well the neighbor with a twin to mine doesn't open the garage at least!)

I'll hopefully be working on the wheels one of these days....

I kept ww on mine because this color with bw doesn't look right on 15in wheels. With the SS wheels, it looks awesome!

Wish mine was in as good as shape as yours! don't change a thing!

I lurk on the ss boards a lot too, and fullsizechevy.com also, as I have a 99 Burb now. But it seems dead at times on questions I ask... I guess I have a one of a kind truck, aka, 454 powered.... Everyone has small blocks...

attilahooper
06-20-06, 09:51 PM
Whitewalls ? Ya sure, if yer running 14s and peddling dime-store hookers.

Benzilla
06-20-06, 11:35 PM
I didn't mean to attack anyone, I just don't like people downtalking whitewalls, I mean look at all the classic cars out there, look at any of them, the '59 cadillac. '64 Lincoln, all that stuff, picture them all on blackwalls and tell me it looks better. I mean I just don't get it! and tell me that my '79 Phaeton, or '83 Coupe Deville would actually look good on blackwalls, I've seen that... not pretty. sure a lot of new cars look good with blackwalls, the '93-'96 fleetwood is on the edge of that. they look like total shit with stocks and blackwalls, but I admit, it looks ok-to-good with the '17s. I like blackwalls on bigger rims, like 20s, because its low-profile, it blends nice as a frame of rubber around chrome. but on regular size rims like 15s on a Caddy, I just don't know why anyone could think blackwalls look better? And the whole thing about only pimps or old people riding whites is... not even worth touching. I don't argue with idiots.

You have a very nice looking Fleetwood, I love the color, but I'm not sure about the rims & tires, I mean it has a look, thats for sure. I just sort of go for a more luxury feel. I think the best looking rims you can put on a '93-'96 Fleetwood are the rare chromed stocks wrapped in whitewalls or vogues. it has shine, but is not too much ghetto bling. But thats just my tastes, you did good on your ride, and it turned out beautiful, the rims just take some getting used to.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-21-06, 12:26 AM
I think theres very few of the big ol' Cadillacs that actually look good with out whitewalls. The LT1 FWB's with the impala SS rims and other 5 spoke rims are one of the exceptions. Destroyer's car is too. Anyways, I think white walls are synomonous with big, long Cadillacs. They should have them. Now if you're getting into any of the STS's or ETC's, or any of the new "Art and Science" stuff, well they look great with blackwalls.

SL1CK
06-21-06, 01:00 AM
Man screw all the talk, that thing is so beautiful!!!

96Fleetwood
06-21-06, 06:56 AM
As I said on the other forum... BEAUTIFUL :thumbsup: Enjoy that wolf in sheeps clothing.

92cadbro
06-21-06, 07:58 AM
Revoh and Benzilla,

you are both right....revoh, you have a beautiful immaculate car..we all appreciate and know that, especially you......what we are saying is that 99% of these old classic cars have (need, in my opinion, again I say in MY opinion)whitewalls. . Benzilla, I agree with you very much, these cars have to have the whitewall, and maybe even the thicker whitewall. It completes the car. It puts it in a different class and look. but then again, to each his own.....

Destroyer
06-21-06, 09:58 AM
I didn't mean to attack anyone, I just don't like people downtalking whitewalls, I mean look at all the classic cars out there, look at any of them, the '59 cadillac. '64 Lincoln, all that stuff, picture them all on blackwalls and tell me it looks better. I mean I just don't get it! and tell me that my '79 Phaeton, or '83 Coupe Deville would actually look good on blackwalls, I've seen that... not pretty. sure a lot of new cars look good with blackwalls, the '93-'96 fleetwood is on the edge of that. they look like total shit with stocks and blackwalls, but I admit, it looks ok-to-good with the '17s. I like blackwalls on bigger rims, like 20s, because its low-profile, it blends nice as a frame of rubber around chrome. but on regular size rims like 15s on a Caddy, I just don't know why anyone could think blackwalls look better? And the whole thing about only pimps or old people riding whites is... not even worth touching. I don't argue with idiots.

You have a very nice looking Fleetwood, I love the color, but I'm not sure about the rims & tires, I mean it has a look, thats for sure. I just sort of go for a more luxury feel. I think the best looking rims you can put on a '93-'96 Fleetwood are the rare chromed stocks wrapped in whitewalls or vogues. it has shine, but is not too much ghetto bling. But thats just my tastes, you did good on your ride, and it turned out beautiful, the rims just take some getting used to. I agree that Caddy's with 15's should have ww tires. With 75 profile tires they look like inner tubes without the ww. When you get into larger wheels like 17"-up with lower profile tires then the white walls would look stupid. White walls IMO are no longer associated with class but more associated with being on "old people" cars. Seriously, new Caddillacs dont have them, but the senior crowd goes out of their way to get them and the dealers are on to it offering "special editions" of the cars with dealer installed whitewalls, vinyl tops, pinstriping and faux gold badges.

scurling
06-21-06, 11:50 AM
Revoh: Nice ride man, you don't have to defend anything. Your FWB speaks for itself. I've got BW GdYr Aquatreads on my FWB with stock wheels, so I’m in a total jealous rage over your wheels. I like the way a number of owners have mounted the emblem on the grill. How did you mount it? With trim glue or something more permanent?

I may just take a few pics of my "Plane Jane" FTW to show others how nice complete stock can look too.

caddycruiser
06-21-06, 12:44 PM
I may just take a few pics of my "Plane Jane" FTW to show others how nice complete stock can look too.

Yes! I've been wanting to see overall pics of both your cars for a while now:)