: CajonKev.. a question on your Nav.

ascariSTS
06-18-06, 01:30 AM
Hi,

Did you find any difference in performance between your old Nav. screen and the new one?.... let's say in browsing a MP3 CD... I'm really suffering from slowness... notice how fast is the SRX's Nav... maybe graphics and interface are better in STS, but the slowness kills...

P.S.:

I was reading the navigation manual and when I came to "customization", it says your "config" screen must be one of the following... first was the main screen with "Memory" and "MRC" buttons... the other one was without these buttons... I wonder why mine came without them... i'll ask my dealer next time about it...

Cajonkev
06-20-06, 02:34 PM
Hey Ascari,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I haven't had a chance to be on the last few days or so.

No real difference between the two head units as far as system performance I'm afraid. Seek/Access times and such all seem to be about the same.

I run Mp3's through the system only occasionally and haven't noticed any real change there also but it may vary based on the number of folders and and tracks etc. YMMV

SRX uses the Panny platform shared with the CTS don't they? Overall I have heard nothing but good things on that particular unit.

As for the screen changes, I am fairly certain it is a revision update that incorporated several user adjustments and who knows about any underlying processing fixes.

They may be incorporated in a future release that the dealers can update if your system needs reprogramming. Keep an eye out on the TSB and Advisory lists to see if something pops up.

Hope all is well in the ME!!!

ascariSTS
06-22-06, 04:14 AM
Hey Ascari,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. I haven't had a chance to be on the last few days or so.

No real difference between the two head units as far as system performance I'm afraid. Seek/Access times and such all seem to be about the same.

I run Mp3's through the system only occasionally and haven't noticed any real change there also but it may vary based on the number of folders and and tracks etc. YMMV

SRX uses the Panny platform shared with the CTS don't they? Overall I have heard nothing but good things on that particular unit.

As for the screen changes, I am fairly certain it is a revision update that incorporated several user adjustments and who knows about any underlying processing fixes.

They may be incorporated in a future release that the dealers can update if your system needs reprogramming. Keep an eye out on the TSB and Advisory lists to see if something pops up.

Hope all is well in the ME!!!

Yea SRX's and CTS's are the same I believe... it doesn't have the sharpness of the STS screen (STS's is brilliant)... but it's performance is great... one thing not good in this one is that it disables everything when you exceed the speed limit (120 km/h in our case)...

all Caddy vehicles share the same platform... except STS... they always insist to make it different... I like that :bouncy:

ah improving the performace isn't something easy... needs to go deep into hardware stuff... I don't know... I may follow it up and see...

Can't we make something like a list of improvements and send it to them?...

first thing I suggest is taking the phone pad outta the screen... at least you can end a call without going to the phone screen... not forgetting the 2 seconds lag after you press "Aux"... :p

we are living a great life here after all :bouncy:

Cajonkev
06-22-06, 11:58 AM
Can't we make something like a list of improvements and send it to them?...

we are living a great life here after all :bouncy:

Send them a letter (Caddy Cust. Care) with your suggestions. Sure it is but one drop in the bucket but it can't hurt and obviously they are getting feedback they use. Now whether through their own testers and/or from consumer feedback who knows; but the screen improvements for MRC and the clock etc. plus the HUD changes came from someone getting wise about them. :rolleyes:

Yup, it is still nice even if being critical to chat about a great ride overall!