: Ill let you guys decide on this one....

1990CaddyBrougham
06-17-06, 10:01 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FSS-Fleetwood-Sport-Sedan-With-LT-1-vette-engine_W0QQitemZ4652282664QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6149Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No the trailer dosent come with it.

Frost
06-18-06, 02:52 AM
i think i'll pass, thanks - a little too "customized" for my tastes.

easymoney$$$$
06-18-06, 03:50 AM
Frost... come on, don't you at least want all the guages? LOL It's amazing all the gauges fit on the windshield post. LOL...easymoney

Frost
06-18-06, 05:44 AM
yeh, easymoney - all those aftrmarket guages, half og which were never hooked up. Wonder why,,,,,nevr got around to it, or was it too daunting to try and muddle his way through the wiring harness?

And those seats - come on! Devilles were never meant to look sporty or racy - they're luxo-barges and as such, should look like one.

When someone tries to change the basic raison d'etre of a car, it rarely works out. Kinda like envisioning your Grandmother in fishnet stockings and high-heeled pumps. Just doesn't do it.

Sandy
06-18-06, 08:23 AM
"" Bob had a little boy. However Bob wanted a little girl! So, for the next 15 years, Bob made his son, Bob Jr. wear dresses, like his little girl would have".

At age 14 & 5,000 pounds, Bob Jr. looks stupid in a dress !

Do we get the anology ?

96Fleetwood
06-18-06, 09:54 AM
Devilles were never meant to look sporty or racy - they're luxo-barges and as such, should look like one.

That is a Fleetwood... RWD... not a Deville :tisk:

There is a difference in modifying a FWD Deville with little to no gain and modifying a RWD Fleetwood with the LT1 and seeing Impala SS-like performance combined with luxury.

caddycruiser
06-18-06, 10:23 AM
What's so bad about it? The seller is a very well known guy over on the "other" board, and he's just done a bunch of smaller things to get the car to a much better driving level over stock.

The gauges are typical of custom Fleetwoods (since you the stockers tell you NOTHING except speed, fuel, and a warning light or two), the center console is terrific and matches well, the front buckets are a lot more comfortable and hold you better than the stock seats, and it has SS springs & bars to alleviate a lot of the float but still be very comfortable.

The white letter tires look a little funny, but that's only because he wanted something wider and put that side out--no biggie.

It's basically just a well cared for black Brougham--and vinyl roof delete to boot--with some minor revisions to make it a better daily driver.

No the trailer dosent come with it.

Not at all a nice comment to make...especially for a car that's a lot nicer and has more thought put into it than a lot of trashy beater Caddies that some homies put way too big wheels and a horrible looking "system" into.

brougham
06-18-06, 11:37 AM
The guages on the pillar and the pedals look stupid. At least he didn't make it sound like it's some special car that came that way like the last one like that that was for sale.

96Fleetwood
06-18-06, 12:14 PM
The gauges looking stupid... maybe

But until you drive one of these cars and realize the lack of vital information they give you while driving, you can't appreciate the need for the gauges.

brougham
06-18-06, 02:32 PM
I do drive one. I really couldn't care if they're there or not. They'd look a lot better if they were somewhere else. None of the vital ones are hooked up anyway.

96Fleetwood
06-18-06, 03:40 PM
I negleted to see that most of those gauges are non-functional.. that is a waste! I respect your opinion of the aftermarket gauges, different drivers have different likes and dislikes. Personally I do not have any aftermarket gauges in my Fleetwood and rely on pre-drive inspections to assure my fluids are up to par. Although, I can see the rationalization of the gauges in a built LT1 Fleetwood over a stock L05 Brougham.

BCs71
06-19-06, 02:11 PM
Wow, as a driver of a modified FWB it hurts to see some of the comments on here......

Different strokes for different folks.
While the appearance modifications and blemishes are not all my taste, I must say that he did things to the car that have been done MANY times over previously. Just check out the Impala SS forum and you will see what I mean. The 94-6 Fleetwood is a great base for a performance car with an excellent drivetrain and shared suspension system to the B-body cars (large aftermarket). This is a case of too little time and money and too much vigor and excitement.
He is selling for one helluva a price for someone to finish the project or convert it back to 'stockish' standards.

Don't dog a man for having a vision.......

brougham
06-19-06, 04:27 PM
I negleted to see that most of those gauges are non-functional.. that is a waste! I respect your opinion of the aftermarket gauges, different drivers have different likes and dislikes. Personally I do not have any aftermarket gauges in my Fleetwood and rely on pre-drive inspections to assure my fluids are up to par. Although, I can see the rationalization of the gauges in a built LT1 Fleetwood over a stock L05 Brougham.

I wouldn't really call it a built LT1 Fleetwood. The only big changes are really just the custom programming and the centre console. But yeah at least the guages go on it more then a stock one. If I wanted guages on a car like that I would get the normal kind that goes under the dash or find a place in the console to put them.

scurling
06-21-06, 12:14 PM
Hey, to each his own. It's rather eclectic in appearance, that's my only criticism. If you are going to mix and match parts, at least try to make the design flow together. I wouldn't want Pontiac labels visible on the dash. Is that suppose to ad esthetic value or something?

I do think this is a good chance for someone (non-Cadillac owner) to pick up a FTW they have wanted for a long time.

BluEyes
06-22-06, 08:47 AM
The gauges, while truly needed, do look silly up there. There's just too many on the pillar. One or two is fine, but four? The tach sticking out like it does really looks silly.

Now, how about doing it right and having the digital dash redone from Dakota Digital or Nordskog? That would be slick.

I like the buckets. The stiching on the upholstery doesn't quite say "Cadillac" but they're good. Just because Cadillac made it as a luxo-barge doesn't mean it can't become a luxo-cruiser. I'm thinking Mercedes S-class or BMW 7-series. No bench seats there... Same goes for the suspension mods. Great choice.

I do not like the raised white letter tires though. Besides that it looks like the tires are too wide for the rim, it makes it look like some NASCAR wannabe. Whitewalls would be best, but are unlikely to be found in that tire size, so I'd settle for flipping those tires around and putting the plain black side out.
The pedals give a similar impression. Drilled metal pedals just doesn't fit. The stockers would be fine.
Oh yeah, and that shifter looks plain ugly. Floor shift is good, but not with that ugly t-handle deal. Actually, for an automatic transmission, I don't see anything wrong with collumn shift. Frees up space for more storage in the center console. Maybe incorporate one of those 12V travel coolers I see at Wal-Mart? I keep thinking about wiring one of those into my Caddy...

Overall, good car, I'd definately give it a :thumbsup: