Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lower OEM DRL & switchback led turn signals..opinions please

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  CADILLACATS2013 
#1 ·
So, I installed the lower OEM DRLs in the bumper and was thinking about adding led switchbacks in the turn signals so there would be drls in lower bumper and the headlight housing. It would be the white led switchbacks in the turn signal/parking light and lower oem led DRLs during the day (switchbacks flash amber for turn signal/hazards). When the auto-light feature is triggered, the low beam HIDs would turn on, the switchback white leds would turn off and the lower OEM DRLs would dim. Before I went through the trouble of wiring, wanted other peoples opinions. Right now, just the lower LEDs are DRL at full bright day and night, the turn signal/parking lights are amber during parking light mode and also at night along with the HIDs coming on. I think I would prefer no amber at night, just white HIDs and dim white lower LEDs. Also, parking light mode which is normally the amber parking lights and side marker lights would become just dimmed lower OEM DRLs and amber side marker lights based on my wiring schematics...thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.