: Anyone know what "P1320 - IC 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent" means?

sprj
06-16-06, 05:39 PM
Car is misfiring. Had same problem a year ago. Did Delco plugs and Bosch wires. Problem was solved. About three or four weeks ago, car started misfiring again. I placed a post and someone said "GET THE DELCO WIRES!" I replaced the Bosch wires because I got them warranteed for free. Problem was solved, for about three weeks. Now just a couple days ago, car started misfiring again. "P1320 - IC 4X Reference Circuit Intermittent " was the only significant code... there was a body code for 'front vertical sensor' too, but I think it is unrelated.

I am trying to get the coilpacks tested. I don't know if I should spend the money on Delco wires, replace the coilpacks, the dock that they sit on... or maybe something else I am overlooking, ignition control module, etc? I am hoping I can pinpoint what is wrong with this thing instead of 'stabbing in the dark' and guessing what is wrong at a $100 - $250 per guess. I just don't have the money to do that.

JimD
06-17-06, 06:56 AM
Remove and install each of the low voltage connectors on the ignition control module several times; this will wipe the contacts clean.

sprj
06-17-06, 12:57 PM
Remove and install each of the low voltage connectors on the ignition control module several times; this will wipe the contacts clean.

Are these the two plugs on either side of the coilpack assembly?

JimD
06-17-06, 01:08 PM
Yes.