: Body trim clips

DiscoDave
06-15-06, 09:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6149&item=4644218720

Just picked up that old beast on Ebay and it made the six hour trip home well. :) The previous owner had the forethought to point out to me that one of the back quarterpanel lower chrome trim pieces comes loose often, so I popped it off to make sure it didn't get lost on the highway. Since this thing is ugly as sin when one or more of those pieces is off, I would like to replace it soon. Does anyone know where you can buy clips aftermrket for these? I'd like to get a big bulk lot and make a trip around the car replacing these, as several of the different panels feel loose.

scurling
06-22-06, 06:07 PM
Dave:

Sorry I missed you post. I was looking past the fist page listing as saw it. I just replaced the rear lower qtr. panel on my '94. I don't think you will find the body clips any place except the dealer. I needed the entire panel, which comes with the clips. The clips themselves are not very expensive, about $6.00 to $8.00 each from GMPartsDirect. They have about a $5.00 mark down, so if you need them soon, the any GM dealer could get them for a few more bucks.

I found the top edge of the clips, in general, will lose it's edge over time if the panel pops off more than a few times. The bottom "mustache clip" sometimes just isn't seated well, causing the panel bottom to flap a little.

Let me know if you need PNs, but I use the GMPartsDirect web site for most of the part numbers I needed.

DiscoDave
06-22-06, 07:05 PM
I'll give it a look-see, although $8.00 per clip seems kinda pricey. I think there are at least four or five on just this panel, but maybe we aren't thinking the same thing.

Thanks for the help.

scurling
06-22-06, 09:44 PM
I guess if you replace all of the clips it could get into some money. The panel or moulding as GM calls it that I replaced is PN 12528616. It is the chrome lower qtr. panel left-rear, behind the wheel skirt. The clips are about 12 inches long and clip at the top and bottom of the panel.

I have seen the local parts man check their listing with Keystone and other companys, but they never find any listings for me when it comes to the FTW body panels. They must be in the aftermarket somewhere, maybe a body shop would have a parts source they would tell you about.