: STS V grill on a STS?

Earthdog
06-15-06, 06:18 PM
Ok maybe I am stupid but I was read somewhere the STS-V Grill fits the STS. So with that in mind I found one and started to install it today.

Much to my surprise it appears the lower part of the existing grill snaps into the exterior ABS to attach. Yet the STS-V grill I have has holes like the lower section screws to something.

For give me for my lack of description but it also did not come with assembly directions. Any ideas? Is it supposed to fit?

TIA
Earthdog

Einstein376
06-17-06, 03:26 PM
I'n not sure - I have seen E-bay ads for the V grill stating it fits all the STS models, but my dealer said the V hood is different and the parts are not interchangable..

FWIW,

Einstein376
2006 STS/4

robert
06-17-06, 03:39 PM
The STS/STS-V Grills are the same size. The hood only on the STS-V is larger than the STS.

Earthdog
06-18-06, 09:07 PM
The STS/STS-V Grills are the same size. The hood only on the STS-V is larger than the STS.

So does that mean it will fit?

babaz
06-29-06, 07:46 PM
I have also found a deal on an STS V mesh grill, i have an 06 STS, have you been able to complete the install? The OEM in my opinion looks better than the EG.....

Earthdog
06-29-06, 08:03 PM
I have also found a deal on an STS V mesh grill, i have an 06 STS, have you been able to complete the install? The OEM in my opinion looks better than the EG.....

Not yet... my intial observation is the lower part of the grill mounts slightly differently. I belive it can be made to fit just not enough time in my days lately.

BirdJC
06-30-06, 12:51 PM
The parts guy at my dealership says the OEM will fit so I ordered one from him and was debating on installing it myself, he said its really just 4 bolts???? I don't know but I'll probably just let them install it since the car will be in the shop anyways for its check up.... plus having a corsa put on it..:) I too like the OEM better than E&G's though, didn't car for the plastic background on the emblem. I prefer the "floating" look of the V's.. If I find something out next week I'll let you know...

flyboy767
06-30-06, 01:26 PM
BirdJC--what's the GM part # for the V grill?
Thanks

BirdJC
06-30-06, 04:28 PM
The bill Looks like #15820988 Grille 1.266 It lists for $506.24 but he's getting it for me for $400 cause of the exhaust kit, because I could find the kit a lot cheeper then what he could, so it was sort of a trade off. If it doesn't fit though I'll definately repost.... hopefully next thursday it'll be done.

Earthdog
07-01-06, 12:58 PM
Well the diffinetive answer for me is Part 307583 STS-V Grill does "NOT" fit the 2006 STS as promised.

There are several reason. The side mounts on the V grill holes are too small for the push pins ( this could be modified). The kicker was the grill to body seam would not match exactly.

Oh well back to the drawing board and now I have got to find someone to buy this grill.

BirdJC
07-12-06, 09:19 AM
News update: Had the car in yesterday for the grill install and exhuast. They could not make the grill fit, they said it just didn't look right once they put it in, so now my parts guy is working with a body shop that has installed them supposedly instead of his "nuts and bolts" guy so we'll see. But the Corsa exhaust......highly recomend!!!! its the way this car should sound from the factory, the OEM was just too quiet...

60 special
07-12-06, 04:37 PM
The E&G V Series grille does have the black mounting plate for the emblem, but imho it makes the Wreath & Crest really stand out. The '07 Escalade factory emblem has a black background.

BirdJC
07-12-06, 05:13 PM
Yeah, and thats probably what I"ll end up with. Just the guy pointed out the OEM one which I did like better and thought it would fit. Mentioned the E&G grill's plastic will probably fade over time??? (not sure about that but..) so we'll see, he hasn't called me back yet...

babaz
07-13-06, 01:43 AM
I was looking at an STS-V at the dealership where I got my STS 6 and did notice that the bottom of the grill (pointed part) does not sit flush on the ABS, it actually looks like it sit on top of the ABS and not perfectly in the lip. Also looked at the EG Classics web site and found mounting directions, it looks like there is some modification as well....
I saw the D3 grill on the net, looked very different, although cool, not sold on it yet....

60 special
07-13-06, 08:53 AM
The E&G V-Series grille is all metal.

harryctsv
07-13-06, 09:10 AM
The E&G V-Series grille is all metal.

you are right 60 special, so is my E&G on my XLR.:thumbsup:

Harry

BirdJC
07-19-06, 02:46 PM
Well thought I'd chime in. Its official, the OEM V series STS grill will NOT fit on a standard STS. Just got off the phone with the body shop, they said its so darn close but yet the bottom portion of it just doesn't line up. So I settled for the E&G one which unfortunately is more expensive...darn it!