: GM drilled rotors = Sweet.

The Tony Show
06-14-06, 10:35 PM
Installed yesterday, and after a detail tonight I decided to take pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/brakes002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/brakes005.jpg

If you're on the fence about these, quit thinking and get 'em. They look even better in person! :bouncy:

steve711
06-14-06, 10:44 PM
Sweet sums it up :thumbsup:
Nice

Dennisscars
06-14-06, 10:45 PM
Very nice... :highfive:

FZfan
06-14-06, 11:06 PM
Sweet! These are now on the mod list.

wildwhl
06-14-06, 11:13 PM
I like mine. They increase brake dust - but look cooooool and IMHO seem to improve braking.

One drawback I have to mention is noise - they are louder for whatever reason - no way around it. I didn't notice it right away - but after a few hundred miles it was obvious. Of course, maybe I was just slowing down from a higher speed :cookoo:

WW

JAY WEST
06-14-06, 11:26 PM
Do You Have Them Done, Or Buy Them/ Where And How Much, Thanks-jay

wildwhl
06-14-06, 11:27 PM
J -

Call James at Lindsay Cadillac - he'll hook you up. Buy them and bolt them on - very simple install, even urby would only call it a 1 beer difficulty on a 6 pack scale.

WW

blown black caddy
06-15-06, 12:26 AM
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

50 4Ever
06-15-06, 02:37 AM
Looks great :highfive:

PneuBird
06-15-06, 04:42 AM
WW.......I put Hawk HPS pads on the drilled rotors and noticed much less brake dust and no noise at all even under hard braking at SCCA Autocross last weekend. :thumbsup:

BowenCT
06-15-06, 06:06 AM
Bad ass.

The Tony Show
06-15-06, 08:53 AM
I like mine. They increase brake dust - but look cooooool and IMHO seem to improve braking.

One drawback I have to mention is noise - they are louder for whatever reason - no way around it. I didn't notice it right away - but after a few hundred miles it was obvious. Of course, maybe I was just slowing down from a higher speed :cookoo:

WW

I haven't noticed an increase in noise (yet?). Perhaps my Corsa covers it up, or maybe I'm just playing the Dragonforce CD too loud :musical:.

I'll post up some more pics when I leave the office for lunch today. Bear in mind that these rotors may not look as good on any color other than black, as it is the best looking and fastest color. :D

ssmith100
06-15-06, 09:30 AM
Your going to wish you had painted the rotor hats and fins before you installed them. The coating on them (factory) will start wear off and they will start rusting. I got some high temp VHT(silver) and painted my hats and fins before I installed them. Mine have been on for about a year now and still look perfect. My factory rotors started rusting at the hats and looked horrible. It takes about an hour to do this, just something to consider.

Shane

OldRoadDawg
06-15-06, 09:56 AM
Love the appearance of the drilled rotors. Really enhances the appearance of the exceptionally fast black V's. :thumbsup:
Don't care for the 5 wheel lug caps and 1 wheel lock. Messes up the symmetry of the overall effect.

The Tony Show
06-15-06, 10:26 AM
Love the appearance of the drilled rotors. Really enhances the appearance of the exceptionally fast black V's. :thumbsup:
Don't care for the 5 wheel lug caps and 1 wheel lock. Messes up the symmetry of the overall effect.

Yeah, me too. It's only really noticeable in straight on, up close pictures like the first one. From most angles, or from further away you can't even tell.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/Firebomba/brakes005.jpg

Next up are the GM polished wheels, and I may ditch the lock at that time. I assume that most wheel theives would pass on a 6 lug, but you never know....

pimpcaddy
06-15-06, 12:38 PM
What's the part number? Did they have slotted only?

Thanks,

Dave

The Tony Show
06-15-06, 01:07 PM
Never seen slotted, only the cross-drilled are made by GM.

Part #s on the shipping invoice are as follows:

88964607 Cross drilled rotor front
88964608 Cross drilled rotor rear

blown black caddy
06-15-06, 01:38 PM

Take it from someone who had 23" Lowenharts on an Escalade that was stolen. I say screw "symmetry", any deterrent that will keep thieves away is good. If it looks easy enough to steal they will try to. It not worth it in the long run. Just my 2 cents!

lawfive
06-15-06, 02:47 PM
Can't see the pix...

thebigjimsho
06-15-06, 02:53 PM
If I could get my stock wheels to look like the black chrome effect of the first picture(and yes, I know it's the lighting), I'll be a very happy man.

BadCad
06-15-06, 03:48 PM
these rotors may not look as good on any color other than black, as it is the best looking and fastest color :histeric: :histeric: :histeric:

i think looking at those holes in the rotors might have affected your mind. :D

Lindsay Cadillac
06-15-06, 05:22 PM

Yeah, me too. It's only really noticeable in straight on, up close pictures like the first one. From most angles, or from further away you can't even tell.

FYI 12498074 is the locking lug kit that you can put lug nut covers on so they all look the same... :D