: darn...

04CTSVFLA
06-14-06, 05:04 PM
FUUUUUUCK. My stupid ignorant simple minded ****head of a brother slammed into the driver side door of my V. Its ****ed. Question is: order a whole new painted door through Gm (is this even possible) or body shop it and cross my fingers. Does anyone know what it would cost for a whole new door painted through GM? I figure I could do the removal/install of the old/new door my self with simple tools - am i dreaming? Im so fcking pissed. I want to goto Moroso tonight too, all my plans are ruined, I am not going to be the GUY driving his dented to hell V to race it at the track. Im going to smoke mad blunts to try to vent.

Staxxin
06-14-06, 05:28 PM
That sucks!!!! Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck. I'm not sure if you can order a painted door or not...

The Tony Show
06-14-06, 05:31 PM
The body shop can replace just the "skin" of the door, as long as no structural damage was done.

I don't know what part of FL you're in, but I can recommend someone in the Leesburg area (north of Orlando). I've been using him for years, and he just repainted the rear bumper on my black V after someone backed into me. His work is flawless, so PM me if that's close enough to be of help.

Sorry about the car, man.... I was sick when I saw the damage to mine, so I know how you feel.

VELOSE
06-14-06, 06:19 PM
How old is your brother before we start ripping him a new one?:want:

lars464
06-14-06, 06:57 PM
The door does not come painted from the factory. From your description, it does not sound like it can be repaired. So it is either a door skin, or shell for you. If the door frame is not crushed, the outer skin can be replaced by welding and seam sealer. Sorry to hear about the damage. I just had to replace my rear bumper. It sucks!

heavymetals
06-14-06, 07:54 PM
Sorry for your problems.

Can't pick your relatives.

You would be amazed at what a good body shop can do nowdays.

04CTSVFLA
06-14-06, 08:06 PM
Yes I believe the skin will need to be replaced. Orlando, if you would say I do that instead of just allowing the dealer body shop do it, then I will take his #. I just want it to match flawlessly.

V Amazed
06-14-06, 09:32 PM
Yes I believe the skin will need to be replaced. Orlando, if you would say I do that instead of just allowing the dealer body shop do it, then I will take his #. I just want it to match flawlessly.

Good luck with that...

I've had both terrible, and phenomial body shops do work on my V.

Sewell collision here in dallas (dealership owned place) absolutely sucks. They will have to repaint 3/4 of the car when I get a chance to take it in to have them redo their sub-par work. (Trash in paint, swirls, etc etc etc) Took them 2 months the first time...

In Kansas (where I am most of hte year) I had a guy front-end me, and took it to the local dealership. 1 week, paint was flawless. Phenomial job

The Tony Show
06-14-06, 09:32 PM
Rob Tison at Classtech Auto in Leesburg.

(352) 326-5440.

He doesn't work fast, but I wouldn't let anyone else paint on my personal cars. Over the years, he's done wheels, bumpers and hoods for me, and I've never had one complaint.

Tell him Tony from Plaza Cadillac sent you, and he'll take care of you.

FZfan
06-14-06, 10:40 PM
Sounds like my family...

CVP33
06-14-06, 10:42 PM
We're all going to miss your brother. But you know what you must do.

wildwhl
06-14-06, 11:16 PM
That's why I live in the desert. Shovel + beer = no brother.

At least the news isn't all bad. Mad blunts...yummy.

WW

CTSV05
06-15-06, 12:00 PM
Ughhhhh....sorry to hear

SoCadillac
06-15-06, 12:18 PM
He ain't heavy...he's your brother.

Skin it as others have stated; raven black is easy to match and can be done either on or off the car. Take your damaged door skin and pop-rivet it onto your brother's vehicle.

P-Funk
06-15-06, 02:26 PM
Take your damaged door skin and pop-rivet it onto your brother's vehicle.

:yeah: :histeric: :histeric: :histeric: