: Who has a Sharper Image "stick" Air Purifier,Oreck XL?

Playdrv4me
02-01-04, 04:07 AM
Im looking into getting an air purifier for my room since its somewhat small, I always thought the Sharper Image stick cleaner with the Ionization technology was pretty cool, but have heard that they are actually pretty much snake oil and useless. Tonight I saw an informercial for the 5-Stage Oreck XL purifier and im convinced its the way to go, especially since it combines the collector cells tehnology in the Sharper Image one, AND a fan to you know... actually MOVE the air? (The Sharper Image guys always boasted about not needing a fan).

Anybody got these?

Brett
02-01-04, 02:50 PM
Ive got a honeywell...was about 200 bucks, works great. I have no experience with the others, but have always been skeptical of then Sharper Image one. When you walk into my bedroow, you can feel the differenc the filter makes, its weird

2004_SRX_
02-01-04, 08:57 PM
I have one of those Sharper Image Ionic Breeze things. I honestly don't know if it's worth the money. You can feel a slight breeze when you put your hand right in front of it. The air coming out smells good, fresh, but you have to stick your face next to it to smell it. I didn't notice the room smelling any better. I guess I could just assume my air is cleaner...

Playdrv4me
02-08-04, 05:07 AM
I have one of those Sharper Image Ionic Breeze things. I honestly don't know if it's worth the money. You can feel a slight breeze when you put your hand right in front of it. The air coming out smells good, fresh, but you have to stick your face next to it to smell it. I didn't notice the room smelling any better. I guess I could just assume my air is cleaner...

I know what ya mean, and even though I can return it, I dont have a local Sharper Image in this area (once again the pitfalls of Crap-ita) so its alot of money for me to toss at something which I cant even prove will do its duty. The Oreck looks really nice, but maybe the Honeywells and other regular purifiers are the best proven method.