: Maggies not shipping for six weeks?

visionik
06-13-06, 11:05 AM
Hi all...

After a few months of lurking and scheming I've decided to go ahead and upgrade the V with a Corsa exhaust and a Magnacharger.

My Maggie was going to ship out this Friday. Today I got a call from the installer - Magnusson told them all SSR, GTO, and CTS-V shipments are being pulled because they have had a problem with a recent run of defective jackshafts.

I've been told that it will be at least six weeks before they are available again.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Six weeks... hmm, now that I have time maybe a new cam is in order.

EDITED NOTE: I got the impression from my installer that this is only related to the carbon fiber + steel jackshafts, and only a recent production run of them.

1MEANV
06-13-06, 11:17 AM
i still have the steel one on mine?????

51PHFTY
06-13-06, 03:57 PM
i still have the steel one on mine?????

Mine is about 4-5 months old and is carbon fiber with the metal ends - not a single problem so far.

Maybe it was a bad batch and not a design problem (I hope).

Marty

Staxxin
06-13-06, 04:01 PM
Are you talking about the LS2 version?

1MEANV
06-13-06, 04:14 PM
i had mine for a year. there is only 1800 km on it but no problems. actually what r the problems.

1MEANV
06-13-06, 04:14 PM
i had mine for a year. there is only 1800 km on it but no problems. actually what r the problems.

VELOSE
06-13-06, 04:21 PM
Mine is carbon fiber with metal ends too. I've had mine on since August of 05. I probably have 7k miles on it. No issues with it.

1MEANV
06-13-06, 04:30 PM
mine is steel. why did they change them

VELOSE
06-14-06, 12:14 PM
Because I heard they were warping.

obzidian
06-14-06, 12:57 PM
i dont think if you had a maggie for over a few months yours will have any problems... its probably just a recent batch of bad materials used, tolerance specs not meet, etc...

happens all the time.

Flyboy
06-14-06, 08:03 PM
I have a brand-new Maggie in the boxes (3). E-mail me at flyboy.1@att.net with a fair offer and it's yours.

AZPowerAndSound
06-14-06, 08:12 PM
Hi all...

After a few months of lurking and scheming I've decided to go ahead and upgrade the V with a Corsa exhaust and a Magnacharger.

My Maggie was going to ship out this Friday. Today I got a call from the installer - Magnusson told them all SSR, GTO, and CTS-V shipments are being pulled because they have had a problem with a recent run of defective jackshafts.

I've been told that it will be at least six weeks before they are available again.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Six weeks... hmm, now that I have time maybe a new cam is in order.

EDITED NOTE: I got the impression from my installer that this is only related to the carbon fiber + steel jackshafts, and only a recent production run of them.
I have a CTS-V maggie in stock... PM if interested