: Need nav disk ASAP PLEASEEE

alcast082
06-12-06, 03:29 PM
I picked up my car from the dealer because of you guys can guess ( differential clunking, nav peeling blabla) any how The Brand new nav unit which came with the disk inside did not let me remove the disk (it was stuck) I took the car back Cadillac put a new nav unit and the original disk but forgot to check if it worked.
The point is, when the nav disk was removed from the nav unit with the problem, the tech scratched chipped the dvd to a point where the nav reads disk error.
Can anyone in miami burn me a copy of the nav dvd?????
The delear ordered me a new one but gave me some bs story that it will take 2 weeks, I ranted and spoke to the managers and so on, turns out the new nav disk is comming out and that is the one they are giving now and it will take till july.
IS THIS TRUe???? I can't live without nav I use it on an hourly bases because of work. Is there anyone here that knows if the dvd can be burned?
any help will be appreciated.
thanks
Oh and sorry for the long post in advance:thepan:

nikon
06-12-06, 03:52 PM
it can be burned, it's illegal unless it's just a backup, and even then I dont know if it's not illegal, make em "loan" you a disc out of a new V...thats what I did.

alcast082
06-12-06, 04:39 PM
I know..........
I only need a temporary copy until the new one is sent to me.
I asked them to give me one from a new or preowned vehicle but that didn't work, I just argued for a couple of hours with no results but the usual, YEs sir, I can't believe they where so careless we'll try to get it asap but it will be released until july, WHat about an old one????
WE are out of them sir.
blablabla
Any way thanx for the help guys

dannystang
06-12-06, 04:48 PM
I know..........
I only need a temporary copy until the new one is sent to me.
I asked them to give me one from a new or preowned vehicle but that didn't work, I just argued for a couple of hours with no results but the usual, YEs sir, I can't believe they where so careless we'll try to get it asap but it will be released until july, WHat about an old one????
WE are out of them sir.
blablabla
Any way thanx for the help guys

Umm anyone know what type of DVD?

I'll be glad to burn u one for temporary use :)

nikon
06-12-06, 04:58 PM
dual layer dvd....your gonna need something like DVD Decrypter, or anything that can get through security locks and rip data to your HD, save it as a .iso file then burn with your favorite burning program....but I have no idea how to do any of that :rolleyes:

alcast082
06-12-06, 06:02 PM
Thats a pitty
Thanx anyways bud:bouncy:

lasstss
06-12-06, 06:41 PM
dual layer dvd....your gonna need something like DVD Decrypter, or anything that can get through security locks and rip data to your HD, save it as a .iso file then burn with your favorite burning program....but I have no idea how to do any of that :rolleyes:

Its not encrypted:D go figure..

wildwhl
06-12-06, 06:55 PM
Thanks lasstss :shhh:

Poopie D
06-12-06, 07:06 PM
I iwll make you a copy...I use a copy in mine and it works perfectly. PM me with your addy deatils and I will get one out tomorrow

CIWS
06-12-06, 07:16 PM
Yeah they are not encrypted. I've used Nero for images and to make backups. In fact I use a "backed-up" disk that gets left in the drive, so the original stays in good shape.

nikon
06-12-06, 08:50 PM
Its not encrypted:D go figure..

really??? I've only done it on the I mean I havent done it on the 04-05 GMC nav discs, those I had to use the decrypter...but cool even easier to not do now :bouncy: