: Paint code locator

80Coupe
06-12-06, 03:24 PM
Hey guys, I am trying to get my new replacement fillers painted and we cannot find the paint code on the car. Its an 80 Coupe and cannot find the plate or tag that it would be listed on. Any suggestions as to where to look?

80Coupe
06-13-06, 09:39 AM
Come on guys..... can someone help here????

scurling
06-13-06, 06:00 PM
The drivers door edge, door jam, under trunk hood, under engine hood, under spare tire cover....can't think of any other place I've seen or heard they might be.

If there are no labels on the vehicle, it's possible they were removed by someone who didn't realize the importance of what they were removing.

80Coupe
06-13-06, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. I was actually beginning to wonder if anyone would ever reply. I have looked in all those places and that is what is stumping me. I guess a previous owner did indeed remove something they shouldn't have. Anyway, the search continues......:banghead:

scurling
06-13-06, 08:50 PM
Hey, don't get a complex. If you don't get any replies, but people are reading the thread, you can be sure the reader either doesn't know the answer, or thinks someone will reply who knows before he has time to do the research.

I don't have an '85 model, so I through some mud on the wall. I was sure you had looked in most of the obvious places.