: Browser CD's ?

SilverV
06-12-06, 12:42 PM
Anyone ever done anything cool with a Browser CD in their V ? My understanding is that it will read any disc with HTML files although I have not had a chance to play with this personally, just wonder if anyone has developed any cool content or even played with this function, or possibly even know what its original intention was ?

nikon
06-12-06, 12:53 PM
dunno, but I think I might try it :)

nikon
06-12-06, 02:13 PM
tried, could'nt get it to work

SilverV
06-12-06, 02:43 PM
tried, could'nt get it to work

hmm, I assume you tried just dumping a .html file on disk and popping it in ?

Hopefully someone on here can shed some light on this. I am really curious as to why this is a stadard feature, and what its designed purpose is ?

nikon
06-12-06, 03:06 PM
hmm, I assume you tried just dumping a .html file on disk and popping it in ?

Hopefully someone on here can shed some light on this. I am really curious as to why this is a stadard feature, and what its designed purpose is ?

yup, thats what I tried...unless it can only read htm files

thebigjimsho
06-12-06, 09:46 PM
I was going to say check out the cadillacfaq.com but it gives you a link to a site with no answers...weird.

joshdctsv
06-12-06, 10:49 PM
I think it exists to support the nav help files. Probably no other value than that.

ctsvett
06-12-06, 11:18 PM
You can view HTML files. It is very limited and very non functional in the real world. I was going to make a CD that had the Trouble codes on it for look up purposes, but that browser is just too limited for something simple like that.

The link was to jim diaz's site (and I will check to see what he did with the info)...

Reed