: Check this deal out!. 92 D'Elegance

Destroyer
06-11-06, 08:08 PM
This car should go cheap!. '92 D'Elegance, looks clean but engine smokes. This is exactly how I got my car and this one has the same color combo. Wonder if I can get the guy to swap seats with me plus pay him a few hundred?. Anyway, this is the perfect candidate for a nice crate motor. Its on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-92-CADILLAC-FLEETWOOD-BROUGHAM-DELEGANCE-4-DOOR_W0QQitemZ4648432874QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6149QQr dZ1QQcmdZViewItem. Think I should buy it and make mine a D'Elegance? Hmmmmmm

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-12-06, 12:26 AM
Oh yeah I saw that before! I'd really love to have a D'Elegance with the velour seats like this one, but I do not have the space/ resources to get it :(

brougham
06-12-06, 01:32 AM
It looks like it's in good condition except for the smoke. That's the same colour and the same interior that mine is.

Frost
06-12-06, 05:18 AM
Cripes, Mike, I thought that WAS your car for a minute - until I read about the smoking engine action on it,,,,,,it could be your twin, fer chrissakes!

If it $$ tops out at less than 2 grand, it would be a hell of a bargain - after the aforementioned crate engine installed, IMO.

Destroyer
06-12-06, 08:07 AM
Oh yeah I saw that before! I'd really love to have a D'Elegance with the velour seats like this one, but I do not have the space/ resources to get it :(I'm liking that cloth D'Elegance interior too. Mine has cloth seats but the standard ones. This car even has new A/C and looks to be rust free. This car is not that far from me, I am really contemplating buying it but I know the wife will have a fit. :alchi:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-12-06, 11:35 AM
Oh so we're in the same dilemma, but with different cars. You want the '92 and I want that '77 Lincoln.

Frost
06-12-06, 11:36 AM
It's all in the way you approach the topic, Destroyer. Suppose you mention that those tufted, pleated and pillowed seats were just MADE for a fine-assed woman such as herself.

Tell her that you know she DESERVES some of that coddling because it is too obvious that she is descended from some bloodline of Royalty. Why shouldn't she be put in the lap of luxury now and then, especially when she was born to be a Princess?

Pump up the safety aspects of that huge ride, as well. Mention to her that since she is the most important thing in your life, you need a car that you know will protect every cell of that precious body.

Lastly, remind her how jealous all of her friends will be when they see how much her hubby loves her, in thinking only of her health and welfare, while ensuring that she only gets the best, and Nothing BUT the best, for as long as you both shall live.

Sound like a plan?

Rick186
06-13-06, 03:05 PM
. . .so that's why a good friend told me NEVER to try to debate with a Canadian. :tisk:

Frost
06-13-06, 04:14 PM
We aren't THAT hard to deal with Rick - as soon as we get a few amber-coloured carbonated beverages under our collective belts, we're really quite agreeable!

Destroyer
06-13-06, 05:09 PM
It's all in the way you approach the topic, Destroyer. Suppose you mention that those tufted, pleated and pillowed seats were just MADE for a fine-assed woman such as herself.

Tell her that you know she DESERVES some of that coddling because it is too obvious that she is descended from some bloodline of Royalty. Why shouldn't she be put in the lap of luxury now and then, especially when she was born to be a Princess?

Pump up the safety aspects of that huge ride, as well. Mention to her that since she is the most important thing in your life, you need a car that you know will protect every cell of that precious body.

Lastly, remind her how jealous all of her friends will be when they see how much her hubby loves her, in thinking only of her health and welfare, while ensuring that she only gets the best, and Nothing BUT the best, for as long as you both shall live.

Sound like a plan?Plan is a no go. Wont work. I dont think I can convince her she will be the envy of all her friends and co-workers driving my Fleetwood with button seats when they all roll in Benzes and Bimmers but good try. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-13-06, 07:23 PM
Shoot! Lord knows I know how that feels!

Destroyer
06-14-06, 12:10 AM
Contacted the owner about the car and asked a few more questions regarding the condition. Here is what he had to say:

"I have made several roadtrips to LA. and back as well as last
week I was in Tampa with the car. I have put about 10,000 miles
on it since the smoking started and it still runs like it did before
it started smoking. It has never left me stranded. the seats are
in good shape the cloth does show some wear. the center
armrest at the edge is slightly discolored. The paint looks good
but does have flaws, dents, and dings. Top shows age. chrome
is not perfect, looks fine for a driver, but up close it is bound to
have flaws. Right front bumper has been dammaged visable in
the first photo. I do not know for sure that the engine can't be
fixed. I just did not want to spend any money to find out. You
are welcome to come see the car in fact I would recomend it if
you are in doubt. Sincerely, John"

Not nearly as clean as mine was, mine had a new top and paint but still worthwhile. I'm debating buying it and possibly parting it out (keeping some spare parts for myself). Probably more trouble than its worth. Then again, Im not doing much now since I pretty much stopped investing in real estate and dont have many clients at the moment as a realtor..........would give me something to do.

brougham
06-14-06, 12:14 AM
Cripes, Mike, I thought that WAS your car for a minute - until I read about the smoking engine action on it,,,,,,it could be your twin, fer chrissakes!

If it $$ tops out at less than 2 grand, it would be a hell of a bargain - after the aforementioned crate engine installed, IMO.

It still doesn't have the 5.7L engine tho. And trust me id tell you if I was trying to sell mine. If it was near here I'd definately go to see it.

brougham
06-14-06, 12:18 AM
Contacted the owner about the car and asked a few more questions regarding the condition. Here is what he had to say:

"I have made several roadtrips to LA. and back as well as last
week I was in Tampa with the car. I have put about 10,000 miles
on it since the smoking started and it still runs like it did before
it started smoking. It has never left me stranded. the seats are
in good shape the cloth does show some wear. the center
armrest at the edge is slightly discolored. The paint looks good
but does have flaws, dents, and dings. Top shows age. chrome
is not perfect, looks fine for a driver, but up close it is bound to
have flaws. Right front bumper has been dammaged visable in
the first photo. I do not know for sure that the engine can't be
fixed. I just did not want to spend any money to find out. You
are welcome to come see the car in fact I would recomend it if
you are in doubt. Sincerely, John"

Not nearly as clean as mine was, mine had a new top and paint but still worthwhile. I'm debating buying it and possibly parting it out (keeping some spare parts for myself). Probably more trouble than its worth. Then again, Im not doing much now since I pretty much stopped investing in real estate and dont have many clients at the moment as a realtor..........would give me something to do.

It's too nice to part out. I'd just let it go and maybe whoever buys it will be happy for getting it for a good price and will fix it and drive it.