: 95 Eldo Idle/Acceleration????

dman12345
06-11-06, 01:24 PM
I have a 95 Eldo and recently my car has been running bad. When it first started my car was Idling bad and when i would push the gas pedal it seemed like it didnt want to go anywhere. Then at around 40-50 MPH it started to buck and the car would shake. The first thing i did was put fuel injector cleaner in it and replaced the spark plugs with AC Delco platinum. The idle has gotten better but it still doesnt have the acceleration. I talked to a mechanic at the Cadillac dealership and he said it sounds like a misfire. Could this be possible? Should i also replace the wires? Its showing no codes so i dont know what the problem is. Please if you know whats wrong with my car let me know it is driving me crazy. Tell me what steps I should take in finding out the problem.

Ranger
06-11-06, 10:13 PM
What kind of milage is on it? Wires are usually done at the same time plugs are, about 100K. That would not be a bad place to start.

dman12345
06-12-06, 07:50 PM

Ranger
06-12-06, 10:37 PM
Change the wires and stick with A/C Delco. Pricey but worth it. Get them from http://www.rockauto.com. Best price and fast shipping.

phenom01515
10-19-06, 04:50 PM
bump mine is doing exactly this. its a 1995 with 91000 miles. a mechanic just cleaned the egr valve 2 weeks ago. any ideas?

Ken Seliga
10-24-06, 01:08 PM
If the plug wires don't fix it, you might want to buy 1 coil and swap it up the line until you find the bad coil..I believe the spark system is a waste spark system which has one coil controlling 2 spark plugs . The plug on compression fires , but so does the plug which is on exhaust. That is why you have 4 coils..I once fixed a 3.8 liter mis-firing under load with a new coil. This coil problem will show no codes since the commanded signals to the ignition controll module are correct/