: What To Do? Paid For FG2s; FE4s On Car

Emmor
06-10-06, 08:17 PM
First, I would like to thank everyone for their advice in a previous thread I started on purchasing a new car. Yesterday, I bought a shiny, new 2006 with EMT and FG2 options.

While checking the car out, I was expecting to find the stock shocks in the trunk. They weren't there. So I went underneath the car to check the shock part numbers: my right front shock is part number 25772236 and my right rear shock is part number 25752922. I'm pretty sure these are the FE4s--they're definitely not the FG2s.

I'm very disappointed. Obviously, I'm entitled to my FG2s (they are listed on the window sticker and included in MSRP). But is this a case of "forgive and forget?" Or do I deserve something extra in return?

Any thoughts?

Darryl
06-10-06, 08:53 PM
Well of course yu deserve what you paid for. I would raise h___ if I had to. With the option coming on the car, I don't think the stock shocks would be included.

mdc
06-10-06, 09:04 PM
Getting the stockers back seems to be hit and miss ...

I posted about the issue a while back and some claimed to recieve them, others didn't ...

I made an issue with my dealer for over a week and eventually gave up as they had a different excuse every time I called as to why I was not entitled to the parts ...

I also caught my dealer trying to deliver the car with the stock setup when I very clearly paid for them ... it was only after I noticed that they weren't there that they installed them ...

As for compensation, I got an "I'm sorry, sir" and it wasn't very sincere ... I hope you are able to get more in return ... heh

StealthV
06-11-06, 12:08 AM
The FG2 shocks are shipped in the trunk of the car from the factory. At the time of dealer prep, they install the FG2s and should give you the FE4s. Both sets are yours, you paid for them, not the dealer.

Politely ask the dealer to install the shocks you paid for and that you're keeping the FE4s (if you want 'em).

VELOSE
06-11-06, 12:48 AM
If you get them and don't want to install them, I'll buy them from you. Good luck and be persistant on getting them. You're entitled to get what you paid for. At the end, you can make some money selling them to me. ;)

wildwhl
06-11-06, 02:17 AM
You paid for both sets, as well as installation of the FG2's (a Saturday on your own).

Kindly ask the dealer to make good...and then sell the FE4's to the base CTS guys that like them so much.

If you elect to settle for anything less...then just go drive an Audi :thumbsup:

WW

CIWS
06-11-06, 08:15 AM
You supposedly purchased a car that should been like StealthV said. FG2s in the trunk to be installed by the dealer with them removing the FG4s, both of them paid for by you. Approach the dealership, being nice, and let them know there was some kind of mistake made at prep and the vehicle that both you and them signed a legal contract on was not what was delivered. Ask them to please hold up their end of said contract by installing the correct shocks on your car and then provide you with the set they remove since you have paid for both. If they do not wish to handle it like that then you can always return the vehicle to them for defaulting on their end. :)

Emmor
06-11-06, 10:02 AM
By "forgive and forget," I did not mean that I would let them get away without installing what I paid for--I just wanted to see if it was reasonable to ask for something extra in return. Like a spare tire kit or something.

Thanks again.

nikon
06-11-06, 11:23 AM
By "forgive and forget," I did not mean that I would let them get away without installing what I paid for--I just wanted to see if it was reasonable to ask for something extra in return. Like a spare tire kit or something.

Thanks again.

goog luck with that, it took my dealer alot of screwing up before I can get a new set of wheels out of them....I wouldnt worry about 1 occurance...if it keeps happening though, you can ask for something.

06-11-06, 02:00 PM
you could bust chops....but for a seemingly understandable error, you will end up looking like a pr*ck. You will need your dealer in the future, we all know that. Being a pr*ck to them over the small stuff is like being a pr*ck to a waiter in a restaurant. They can appear to give you what you want to make you go away without making a scene....but they can still spit in your food.

Get it set up the way it should be...then go out and enjoy your car......

D

Kadonny
06-12-06, 04:16 PM
you could bust chops....but for a seemingly understandable error, you will end up looking like a pr*ck. You will need your dealer in the future, we all know that. Being a pr*ck to them over the small stuff is like being a pr*ck to a waiter in a restaurant. They can appear to give you what you want to make you go away without making a scene....but they can still spit in your food.

D

QFT. Listen to the man.

Emmor
06-12-06, 07:45 PM

D

I'm sorry, but this is not an understandable error. I would not have bought the car from them if I had known that I would have to go back for them to do what they should have done in the first place.

Having said that, I agree that there is a risk of your waiter analogy happening, and that that is good enough reason to not raise a fuss (which isn't in my nature anyways)--they still have to put on the shocks. Fortunately, there is a dealer that is much closer to me that will perform the inevitable warranty work. I will just content myself by giving an honest appraisal of my buying experience when GM surveys me.

Finally, I will take you last piece of advice--I love my car.

The Tony Show
06-12-06, 08:46 PM
I'd be irritated too, but don't get worked up until you have a reason. There's a lot of possibilities, from GM forgetting to put the struts in the trunk before shipping to an honest oversight at the inspection. (Really, most dealers don't sell a lot of CTS-V's per year, and I'd bet less than 25% with the FG2's. Perhaps it was a first for the PDI man?)

IF they give you a hard time, THEN I'd smack 'em with a bad survey, but give them a chance first. Bad surveys end up hurting the guy who did the inspection more than the dealership. I've seen people lose jobs over bad surveys, and who wants that on their conscience if all the guy did was make an honest mistake?