: 1996 Brougham tires

PersianLimeFiremist
06-10-06, 07:04 PM
Looking for input on replacement tires for my 96 Fleetwood Brougham. I have Dunlops on there now and they are kind of noisy. I am thinking about Goodyear Regatta 2's but they are are 235/75s and the original equipment Michelin XW42 were 235/70s.
Any suggestions? Thanks, Bob

caddycruiser
06-10-06, 09:03 PM
Kumho 795 Touring A/S whitewalls, in the stock 235-70-15.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Touring+A%2FS+795&vehicleSearch=true&partnum=37SR5TAS795W

They're not only about the cheapest replacement tire you'll find, but also of terrific quality, a 70k warranty, look great, have awesome traction in all weather, and are very silky and quiet. Have had them for a year on our '93, and love them, as do a few other people here.

Choices are a bit limited anymore, at least if you want a stock sized whitewall, but the Kumho's are terrific--the low price is just the icing on the cake.

Frost
06-10-06, 10:43 PM
If you want your Caddy to look like a million bucks and have such a smooth ride that you'll think you're on a magic carpet, go for Vogue Tyres. Sure, they'll set you back around $700 for a set of 225/60/16s, but just have a look at the results in the atachments.

Johnny Bravo
06-10-06, 11:06 PM
Bridgestone Insignia SE, good looking tire in black or white wall, none of those crazy serrated sidewalls a lot of the new tires have. Wide tread widths, even in 215 sizes, quiet and comfortable

Moderately priced, but be prepared, tires are way up across the board over last year because of the high cost of oil.

ilgoldstein
06-11-06, 02:09 AM
I second the recommendation for the Kumhos. I just put a set on my Roadmaster. One of the only tires in stock size available that aren't light truck tires, and they are whitewalls to boot. Look great on the car, and even though I've only had them a week, I took them on a little road trip and a few highway trips and so far so good. You can not beat the price, and if you go to tirerack.com and read the reviews, people have a lot of good things to say about them. Compare to other brands. People talk about lousy wet traction on other brands, and the Dunlop Qualifiers, people say they are great for the first half of tread life, and then lose traction.

The Kumhos look to be a real steal -- only thing is that they are are made in Korea, and a feel a little bad not using US made tireHad to order them from the tire store (didn't want to order them online and install locally, I think the local store should make the money on the tire) and it took a few days.

Cost about $50 a piece from Discount Tire Centers (bring in the price from online, they are a few buck more from the store, but they will honor the internet price.)

Figured I saved a couple of hundred bucks over Goodyear or Dunlops, more over Michelins.

PersianLimeFiremist
06-11-06, 05:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Bob