: GM Conspiracy or ?

StealthV
06-10-06, 09:55 AM
What happened to the diff thread sticky?

Are we worried about resale values plummeting, pressure from GM or ________ ?

Since I've got your attention - GM please release the cast iron Getrag case with 3.73 & 3.91 gear options as GM Performance aftermarket parts...you'll save warranty dollars, make money on the aftermarket part, dealers will make money on the install and ultimately make V owners happy.

It's a win, win, win, win. Can I have the first one for testing? :D

Florian
06-10-06, 09:59 AM
I want the second one for high HP applications. I will be in Detroit for retrofit next weekend, so you can send it FedEx to my address below. I spoke with GM's development department and they transferred me to some gal named Helen. They said if I wanted new fixes for the diff and upgrades and the like, go to Helen Waite.

F

StealthV
06-10-06, 10:02 AM
Just add the link right here --> http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/subcategory.jsp?cat=9280&section=pp

We all click the Buy Now button.

Easy as pie.

wildwhl
06-10-06, 10:02 AM
Wow, Florian...you did well. The only let me talk to E. Tzhitsndi

GM....GM....GMMMMMMMMMMM????????????????????

Florian
06-10-06, 10:07 AM
E. Tzhitsndi....thats clever....it will be plagerized.

F

StealthV
06-10-06, 10:08 AM
When we type CTS-V into the search box on GMPP all kinds of parts should show up.

Magnuson superchargers (yes, we know about the LS9...)
Wheels
Sway bars
Springs
Short-throw shifters
Clutch/flywheel packages
Fluid cooler packages

What do we get today when doing the search? One thing - The FG2 shock upgrade kit. FYI - mine came from Lansing with that in the trunk two years ago, give us something new...

wildwhl
06-10-06, 10:14 AM
or at least the parts that are out:

drilled rotors
exhaust
engine covers
cast iron diff housings :D
small 2 seat roadster diffs

the list goes on.

Maybe if we all call E. Tzhitsndi and Helen Waite back and ask them to call our attorney, Stew P. Lower-Byford, next time.

StealthV
06-10-06, 10:18 AM
Do the black belts working warranty issues know about the last statement?

From GMPP...

12499241 Cadillac CTS-V Shock Upgrade Kit
Upgrade your Cadillac CTS-V suspension with this shock package designed for excellent high speed control. These shocks have revised valving developed on one of Europe's most renowned road courses. This valving was developed with the enthusiast in mind to give exceptional road handling performance, however, a harsher ride will result. The front shocks are a 45 mm mono-tube type absorber, and the rear shocks provide both damping and self leveling by combining a 32 mm mono-tube package inside a self-compensating hydro-pneumatic spring. This technology is known as Nivomat. If you want road handling first and foremost and are willing to trade-off some ride comfort to get it, then this is the shock kit for you.Bolt it on and unleash your CTS-V on your favorite road course. Upgrade your Cadillac CTS-V suspension with this shock package designed for excellent high speed control. These shocks have revised valving developed on one of Europe's most renowned road courses. This valving was developed with the enthusiast in mind to give exceptional road handling performance, however, a harsher ride will result. The front shocks are a 45 mm mono-tube type absorber, and the rear shocks provide both damping and self leveling by combining a 32 mm mono-tube package inside a self-compensating hydro-pneumatic spring. This technology is known as Nivomat. If you want road handling first and foremost and are willing to trade-off some ride comfort to get it, then this is the shock kit for you. Bolt it on and unleash your CTS-V on your favorite road course.

And BTW, you may want to edit it on the website. Only one description is necessary; no need to repeat it twice.

wildwhl
06-10-06, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah...add an upgraded strut tower brace...new Nav Disc...some other clutch assembly that seems to almost work without modification.

WW

wildwhl
06-10-06, 10:20 AM
No...I'll bet they don't. Good find Rick. Plaster that SOB all over the place...good find my man.

Only problem is the firm of Y. Eidoncare, Jo Phuqoph, and B. Cuswekan are very difficult to wake from their slumber. Seems they're still on the payroll but retired years ago.

WW

StealthV
06-10-06, 10:25 AM
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/perfpartsjsp/partlist.jsp?cat=9460&section=pp#12499241

Emmor
06-10-06, 11:03 AM
I've also been wondering where that thread went.

Has anyone asked the CTSV World Challenge team what they do about the diff's problems? I assume they use the same one.

They'll be racing at Infineon in two weeks, and I'll be going. Anyone have any questions they'd like me to ask?

urbanski
06-10-06, 12:54 PM
I'll figure out the diff thread.

I just changed my 06 arse over to Royal Purple. The plug was all spiky and sludgy ACK. Synchromax'd her also :D

ctsvett
06-11-06, 02:17 AM
Diff thread was my doing.. I was just trying to clean up the forum and that thead did not appear to be used... It was about stuff not related to the diff..

Someone bump the thread and PM me if they want it stickied, but with all the meet threads, it may not get stuck if it is not relevant.

Reed

wildwhl
06-11-06, 02:20 AM
Reed -

With great respect - how is the bummer diff on these cars thread not relevant?

:worship:

WW

(P.S. - the newest supporting vendors, the three Less brothers (Dick, Gut, and Spine) and the Faith sisters (Bad and No) are certainly not relevant, but the whiny, cranky, disruptive diff is certainly relevant)

VelieVer ttt
06-11-06, 10:57 PM
Here is a picture of Team Cadillac's rear end.
I can't read at least 3 of the numbers.
Getrag tag Numbers are as follows:
998.0.987???
PR902599 001
BBN-246

ctsvett
06-11-06, 11:05 PM
Reed -

With great respect - how is the bummer diff on these cars thread not relevant?

:worship:

WW

(P.S. - the newest supporting vendors, the three Less brothers (Dick, Gut, and Spine) and the Faith sisters (Bad and No) are certainly not relevant, but the whiny, cranky, disruptive diff is certainly relevant)

WW, the thread was not about the rear diff anymore, it was about jokes and comments (not related to the rear).. So, I unstuck it to clean up the sticky part for the meet threads (something I thought would be more relvant as summer was coming up)... I will re-stick it.

Reed

wildwhl
06-11-06, 11:09 PM
Reed -

That was supposed to be sarcasm...but it failed. I fully understand.

Thanks.

WW

ctsvett
06-11-06, 11:22 PM
Your a failure WW. I hate you please leave... <-- that was sarcasm

FYI, I re-stickied the thread.. keep it about diffs though... Rick, that means you!

Reed

wildwhl
06-12-06, 01:55 PM
:crybaby:

(don't you mean "you're"?)

CTS-VPaco
06-12-06, 03:33 PM
Lemon Law... Lemon Law... Lemon Law!

Kadonny
06-12-06, 04:06 PM

Thus endeth the lesson :stirpot:

The Tony Show
06-12-06, 04:19 PM
Here is a picture of Team Cadillac's rear end.
I can't read at least 3 of the numbers.
Getrag tag Numbers are as follows:
998.0.987???
PR902599 001
BBN-246

Thanks for the pic, but you can see that they've drawn "4.11" on the case, along with other mysterious numbers (200 and 45/40).

I doubt that the Getrag part # on that has any relation to what's inside....

wildwhl
06-12-06, 04:21 PM
Also of interest is that it appears to have been a 3.91 ratio from the factory (Getrag) and is apparently now a 4.11 ratio...go figure.

I'll take a 3.55 or 3.42 or so please :)

WW

ctsvett
06-12-06, 10:24 PM

That's the LAST STRAW! You're (spelled right) on "double secret probation" now buddy... You better not slip up and do something nice (like make calendars, help people with parts, give good advice, etc) or you are OUTTA HERE!

Reed

wildwhl
06-12-06, 10:30 PM
That's it Reed, I have had it! You are the biggest ******* on the planet. I don't give a shit...the truth has to be told.

I'm gonna donate to the .faq just to tick you off. One way or another you'll have to learn.

Go ahead, ban me. (V for sale)

WW

ctsvett
06-12-06, 10:42 PM
Ok, I take back everything I said... DONT SELL THE V!!!

Reed