: Can I see the remaining fuel ?

ascariSTS
06-10-06, 08:10 AM
about fuel measurements..

what we can see in the panel is the range, used fuel, and the remaining fuel...

Is there a way I can see the remaining fuel in Liters/Gallons ?

Cajonkev
06-10-06, 06:18 PM
No, most vehicles only "calculate" fuel burn and do not have a way to give you remaining quantity other than a "low level" indicator.

Plus, since this uses a pump to transfer between tanks it is one more reason not to have, nor more importantly to trust anything it reported.

BarryNS
06-10-06, 09:42 PM
My understanding is that the system actually measures the fuel used. Since your information system will tell you actual gallons or liters of fuel used, within the accuracy of the system, you just have to fill the tank full each time, reset the information system reading and the subtract the reading at any time from the known capacity of the tank.

Tank Capacity - Fuel used = fuel remaining.

I have found it very accurate in my car and when I fill up the tank, the amount of gas put into the tank is always within 1/2 gallon of the reading on the gas pump.

Unfortunately the reading of fuel used disappears when there is approximately less than 40 calculated miles left and it gives a Low Gas Reading.

ascariSTS
06-11-06, 06:08 AM
I don't know if this is possible or not, but I found that on the BMW 7-series..

Well... calculating the used fuel and subtracting... I don't know but sometimes I dont fill the whole tank... some other times I may forget to reset it...

I think it's kinda important...

Jesda
06-11-06, 08:06 AM
about fuel measurements..

what we can see in the panel is the range, used fuel, and the remaining fuel...

Is there a way I can see the remaining fuel in Liters/Gallons ?

I dont own an STS, so the question confuses me a bit.

You're saying you can see remaining fuel, but its not in litres or gallons? Is it in pints? :)

ascariSTS
06-12-06, 01:11 AM
I dont own an STS, so the question confuses me a bit.

You're saying you can see remaining fuel, but its not in litres or gallons? Is it in pints? :)

Oops.. sorry.. I meant I can see the range, used fuel, instant fuel consumption... (not the remaining fuel)

what I want to see is the remaining fuel .... :) ...