: Oh No 3,100 Miles....'06 New Diff??

Oniix21
06-10-06, 02:38 AM
Ok so I was going on a local little canyon run, just wanted to get a lil spirited driving in so I decided why not push her really for the first time ever......I ended up putting 1.00G on the right which is my personal record......but anyways I was with a buddy and on the way back up the canyon he said he heard a weird noise couldnt describe it well tho....I pull over and the noise goes away (doesnt come back ever again!) but there seemed to be two oil spots under the car?? Then we drove to a gas station to get more light and we see I am leaking more oil but not much.....so I drive to his house to eat some dinner and when I come out there was oil again but not nearly as much as the first two times.....And the oil is coming from the general area of the diff.....any thoughts from anyone would be great....should I take it to caddy tmrw or....??? Thanks for all the help everyone!! I appreciate it......

p.s. this car is I got brand new 11 miles on it 2006....I broke the car in right and only mod is an LPE Air Intake.....

heavymetals
06-10-06, 02:46 AM
Take it back.

urbanski
06-10-06, 06:36 AM
don't the 06s ooze a bit out the top blowhole? mine did, stopped now.
bet you heated it up and she bled a bit.

kjr39
06-10-06, 09:56 AM
don't the 06s ooze a bit out the top blowhole? mine did, stopped now.
bet you heated it up and she bled a bit.

:yeah:

I've had that happen. Did you just take it in for maintenance by chance?

wildwhl
06-10-06, 10:08 AM
All 3 of my diffs have blown fluid from the vent during spirited driving (when they get too hot). That includes one '04 and two '05 diffs. As this continues, however, you end up low on fluid - and the diff only holds about 5 cc's or so due to the brilliant design.

WW

lasstss
06-10-06, 11:07 AM
According to Getrag, this is common. I think they fixed it but had to do with a bit of overfill on the 06.

blown black caddy
06-10-06, 11:24 AM
According to Getrag, this is common. I think they fixed it but had to do with a bit of overfill on the 06.

Which I can attest to causes more leakage! Dealer drained the overfilled fluid out through the fill hole to help with the draining when hot. :helpless:

Oniix21
06-10-06, 01:06 PM
Thank you all very much and yes I did have in maintanced the other day for just my engine oil light came out and then my passenger air bag wasnt working....but I am gonna keep and eye on it so, I'll keep you all updated.....thanks for all the help