: Still trying to figure out a vibration

Ziplicon Tuesday
06-09-06, 07:13 PM
I've searched the forum and the FAQ - some info seems close but not quite right....I hear and maybe feel a slight pulsating noise that lessens when the clutch is engaged. I don't know at this point - sometimes it almost feels like a cord in the tires or flat spot - but had'em all checked and rebalanced and they're fine.

I hear it the most when coasting - around 45 - 47 mph. If, coasting and engage the clutch - it seems less, but I don't no. Does this sound like any of the flywheel known issues or perhaps a clutch adjustment?

ANY thoughts? Evan my wife heard it so I know it's not just me....

Florian
06-09-06, 11:26 PM
Zippy, probably the flywheel. Same thing happened to me. Replaced under wty.

F

Lindsay Cadillac
06-10-06, 10:35 AM
Possibly transmission related... Does it do it in a certain gear? If it's doing it and your in say fourth does it change if you shift to fifth??

Ziplicon Tuesday
06-10-06, 06:53 PM
Florian - did the dealer actually understand the issue and was able to duplicate it?

James - seems to do it in all gears with little difference - I'll have to try it.

Ziplicon Tuesday
06-19-06, 07:34 PM
The noise or pulsation can be heard in all gears - seems more when coasting but is still there, though not a loud it can be heard when lighty depressing the accelerator. However, if I depress the clutch, it goes away.

Does this sound like a tranny issue - or perhaps the whine starting from the rear?

My tires seem to vibrate at 64 mph but only in the morning - I'm trying to verify the two are unrelated. It seems the tires correct themselves.

Thanks for any thoughts - it's too quiet a noise for the dealer to hear it but you guys would easily.

RedGalant2k1
06-19-06, 09:19 PM
Get the flywheel resurfaced or replaced.

Race-Prep
06-22-06, 01:48 AM
I had a customer with a new GTO the other day compalining of a similar vibration. Did some research and found that some M6 trannys have too much fluid from the factory. Whether this is the actuall problem I do not know. Before emptying the fluid out of the trans I removed the Fill plug out of the trans and about a quart or so of fluid drain OUT before the fluid level was flush with the bottom of the fill hole. I drained the fluid and filled it with new AmsOil sythetic trans fluid. I have not heard back if this fixed the problem. I think I will call him tomorrow and report back. Kind of alarming that there was that much extra fluid in the trans.