Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Florian 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am now the proud owner of a 04 CTS-V, bought from a great guy named Carl who used this board many times. So far I am really happy with the car however it "tracks" all over the road. I'm not sure if that is the right term but it basically pulls in all directions based on the pavement condition. Super smooth pavement allows the car to drive perfectly straight.

I also have a Hemi RAM with 22" wheels on it and it does the same thing. I would be surprised however if the caddy and its 18" wheels would do the same thing, but it does.

I should say this car has 17000 miles on it and its original set of Goodyears.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Darren

#2 ·
If it still has the Goodyear F1 EMTs (run flats), then that's your problem. I had the same problem and it went away when I went to the Goodyear GSD3's. Also tracks fine with my Pirelli Snowsports in the winter.

Are you sure those Goodyears are original? At 17K miles? I drove mine easy and they were 50% gone after 3K.

Congratulations on your purchase! You'll love it. Read all you can here and you'll learn a lot. Just don't get bummed by all the complaining. There are thousands of us who love the car for what it is.....A Smile Every Mile...

#3 ·
I am certain they are original (the tires). The fellow I bought the car from is genuine and had told me they were original. They have maybe a season left on them. so if that is the problem, shouldn't warranty cover all or part of the replacement? Maybe I shouldn't have asked that...I know there are a million posts on this site about tires...

And as for the complaining, there are too many good things about the V to talk about rather than complain. This is an american car and comes with all the quirks you can expect a GM to have. But its a blast to drive.

#5 ·
Most of the tire warranty issues dealt with the tires wearing out so quick. Some as early as 4K-5K miles and most 10K or less. That doesn't seem to be your issue. I don't think the tracking thing would be covered under a warranty, but if you could get GY to address it that would be great. Most likely you'll have to go to a GY dealer and then call GY customer relations and get a case number to see what they will do. Read back through the posts here to get as much info as you can before you get started.

If you go away from the run-flats you'll need a spare set up. Some have had good luck with the new RSA run-flats, so that is an option as well.

Above all, look at your wheels and make sure you're dealer doesn't scrape them up removing the run-flats. Most all of them do unless they have the right tire machine (and most don't).

Good luck and start saving your cash-ola for the mods to come.....

#6 ·
Make sure you have the right pressure. With 28 lbs or less, I get of lot of that "pulling" or tracking over uneven road surfaces. At 30 lbs or more, it is not an issue.

And, at 17K on original F1's, it might be the strands of steel from the belts showing through that is causing the problem :)

#7 · (Edited)
There is no mileage warranty from Goodyear on Runflat performance tires. On occassion they may make a goodwill concession, but no one here should honestly expect to be purchasing a 400hp RWD 6spd perfomance car comes with a high mileage tire. To be rather honest if you wanted a longer life tire you should have bought the standard CTS and you'd have gotten tires that could go upwards of 40-50k for their average tire life.

Btw, The factory Eagle F1 SuperCars are fantasic, thats why they are on the Corvette.

As far as what to look for to fix your issue?

Check the tire pressure and inspect the tires for signs of abnormal wear issues.

#8 ·
DPL.....GY gave me a set of (4) GSD3s for my "non-warrantied" F1 EMTs. All I had to do was pay mounting and balancing. Some of us have done better, some worse, but most have got enough to make us happy.

And of Florian's reputation.....he's forgotten more than I'll ever know.....stick with him.....he's one of the chosen few.....

#9 ·
The number to call for Goodyear Customer Service is (800) 321-2136.
Tell them your F1 tires are worn out at x,xxx miles and they'll give you a file number.
Go to the Goodyear dealer with the file number and they'll do the rest.

#12 ·
...and why would GoodYear do such a thing?

It's is better to have you as a satisified customer with new GoodYear tires on your V than to be pissed off and buy brand XYZ and lose you forever...more companies need this.

GM please release the cast iron Getrag case with 3.73 & 3.91 gear options as a GM Performance aftermarket part already...you'll save warranty dollars, make money on the aftermarket part and make your V owners happy. It's a win, win, win.

#13 ·
StealthV said:
I'm younger than you and can copy and paste. :nyanya:

Thread jack - did you learn anything new yesterday?
Indeed you are younger and likely much wiser, StealthV-Wan-Kenobi. :worship: And as for my call, I learned that they are quite near, but nothing in stone. I can wait, but patience is thin....(unlike my ass) :eek:

F

#16 ·
mike041357 said:
DPL.....GY gave me a set of (4) GSD3s for my "non-warrantied" F1 EMTs. All I had to do was pay mounting and balancing. Some of us have done better, some worse, but most have got enough to make us happy.

And of Florian's reputation.....he's forgotten more than I'll ever know.....stick with him.....he's one of the chosen few.....
Goodyear did that as strictly for goodwill because people don't seem to understand that when buying a high performance car the tires since they perform better they don't last 50,000 miles, in fact 20,000miles is good for EMTs. In the tens of thousands of tires I've seen and sold I've never seen a mileage warranty for a runflat tire.

As for Florian I really don't care what he knows or what he's forgotten he is rude and condescending. Go ahead and stick with someone who attacks someone he has no idea about, but remember where you are in life depends on the people you associate with, and if you want to associate with people like that so be it, I won't.

Get a life Florian.

#17 ·
StealthV said:
...and why would GoodYear do such a thing?

It's is better to have you as a satisified customer with new GoodYear tires on your V than to be pissed off and buy brand XYZ and lose you forever...more companies need this.

GM please release the cast iron Getrag case with 3.73 & 3.91 gear options as a GM Performance aftermarket part already...you'll save warranty dollars, make money on the aftermarket part and make your V owners happy. It's a win, win, win.
I'm not saying Goodyear wouldn't do anything, just that there never has been a mileage warranty on Goodyears Eagle lineup of performance tires. Same goes for every other tire company with relation to their performance tire lineups.

#20 ·
I have to chime in with my $.02 here - my V also seemed to be "all over the road" with my original F-1 runflats. At 9800 miles they were shot and Goodyear gave me a $200 credit PER TIRE towards a set of Goodyear RS-A runflats ....... no more wandering and car tracks like it's on rails at all times. Best deal I ever got in my life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.