: I Must Be Nuts…. My Second CTS-V in < Two Years

BBV
06-08-06, 07:53 PM
October 2004 I traded a new (8000 mile young) 2003 BMW M3 for a new 2005 CTS-V, my friends thought I was nuts.
While moving from Florida to Colorado August 2005, the moving company destroyed my V.
Rather than accepting a repaired version of my once mint condition 5000 mile young CTS-V I traded it and bought a 2006 Range Rover Sport.

Fast forward 8 months to today.
I traded the Range Rover for my second CTS-V, a 2006, and I could not be happier.

What a great car!

I’m back in the CTS-V saddle again.

mike041357
06-08-06, 08:29 PM
Good for you! Glad to see there's another V in Colorado. I don't see many of them around and not many posts on the board either.

Welcome Back!

ahahnu
06-08-06, 09:16 PM
Guess you never herd of a guy with a handle CVP. Welcome back. I see more of those sports then regular Ranges these days.

VELOSE
06-09-06, 04:13 AM
Once you go V, you never go back.... :D

tweeter81
06-09-06, 09:57 AM
Speaking of Vs in Colorado. I have one, and I am in Lafayette and I know of another black V that is in Louisville or Niwot. I would like to try to set up another V meet (last year's did not go through) sometime in early summer, like end of this month or in July sometime. But, I agree with you Mike, I have lived in Colorado for about 13 months and have only seen about 4 Vs.

C.J.

CIWS
06-09-06, 10:08 AM
Hey that's cool. It just means you were not trying to Dodge the truth.:D

Davidstan
06-09-06, 11:09 AM
Glad your story has had a happy ending!:bouncy:

mike041357
06-09-06, 11:35 AM
Hey Tweeter! I can't PM yet, but my email is mike@4snyds.com. Let me know if you can get a meet together. All I can do is the low-buck mods but reading about all these maggies is killing me. I'll need to get a ride in one before I die.

pimpcaddy
06-09-06, 12:16 PM
Congrats!!!

BBV
06-09-06, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone.
Sure is great to be driving a real car again.

Hey that's cool. It just means you were not trying to Dodge the truth.:D
My first one was Red Line. Great color I almost got another red one but my son voted silver and I complied.
As far as Dodge is concerned until they offer a manual trans in a 400+ HP car I like, Challenger perhaps, I'll never even pull into the sales lot.

Mike and Tweeter,
PM me if you guys want to meet up, I’m game.

FZfan
06-09-06, 04:09 PM
October 2004 I traded a new (8000 mile young) 2003 BMW M3 for a new 2005 CTS-V, my friends thought I was nuts.
While moving from Florida to Colorado August 2005, the moving company destroyed my V.
Rather than accepting a repaired version of my once mint condition 5000 mile young CTS-V I traded it and bought a 2006 Range Rover Sport.

Fast forward 8 months to today.
I traded the Range Rover for my second CTS-V, a 2006, and I could not be happier.

What a great car!

I’m back in the CTS-V saddle again.

Congrats and welcome back! How did the moving company destroy your first CTS-V???:confused:

BBV
06-09-06, 09:43 PM
Congrats and welcome back! How did the moving company destroy your first CTS-V???:confused:
The moving company built a deck over my car and put small amount of someone else’s belongings on top that was going to be dropped off in Texas on the way to Colorado.
All the way from south Florida to Colorado the car was bouncing (they failed to tie it down properly) and the sunroof was hitting one of the deck supports. In addition to ruining the sunroof glass, the roof was collapsed to the point that the roof bows were buckled and the spot welds failed.

The repair was to cut the roof off, replace all the structure including the sunroof opening (ring), weld a new roof panel on, prime, paint, replace the sunroof glass and head liner. They ruined the head liner trying to push the dents out of the roof from inside the car. Impressions of their hands complete with dirt were forever left in the original.

They also stacked boxes against the front and rear bumper covers. The friction of the bumpers rubbing the corrugated boxes not only etched through the paint and primer but well into the plastic leaving perfect corrugated grooves. The repair was to remove the bumper covers, fill, sand, prime and paint.

They also ripped off the Corsa exhaust system and something leaked out of the crap stacked above the car and ruined the paint on the right ‘C’ pillar and right rear quarter requiring repaint.

The car prior to the move was in perfect condition. It had never been driven it in the rain or taken through an automatic car wash. It was as perfect as the day it left the factory.

The frustrating thing about all this is I had a real auto mover with an enclosed trailer scheduled to pick the car up a week latter. I allowed myself to be talked into saving a few bucks which of course didn’t happen. I'm still not settled with the moving company.

So as not to end on a depressing note, did I mention I got a new V yesterday?

FZfan
06-10-06, 01:21 PM
Man that is a painful read.

I've been lucky I guess, I've moved 6 times in 13 years (witness protection program - oops) and my cars have made it safely each time. The only problem I had was when they scraped the bottom front valance on my 1996 Impala SS due the transition from the ramps to the street. Low car + long overhang + long wheelbase = scrape. It was very minor and an easy fix. I did have one move where the truck driver asked to borrow my map to figure out how to get from Fort Worth to Albuquerque :eek: ! Needless to say I was very happy that my 1999 Lexus GS400 was going on a seperate truck with a non nit-wit driver.

For what it's worth we've had good luck with Allied but it all depends on the driver.

Glad you're back in the V!

BBV
06-10-06, 03:44 PM
Man that is a painful read.
For what it's worth we've had good luck with Allied but it all depends on the driver.

Glad you're back in the V!

I don't want to name names yet since I'm still tying to get this setteled however, my moving company started with an "A" also.

Side Note….
Now that we live in snow county, I have to teach my kids to follow FZ's words of wisdom to watch out were the Huskies go and not eat the yellow snow.:thumbsup:

mike041357
06-10-06, 10:35 PM
You'll see less snow than you think....unless you head to the mountains. I bought a set of Mille Miglia's with Pirelli SnowSports after I got the V and took 'em off at the end of May and they never saw snow (here in Littleton). I was looking forward to hangin the ass end out and screamin past the 4-wheelers. Maybe next year. Make sure you get to the Pikes Peak Hill Climb and the Mile High Nationals (at Bandemere). Good stuff.....

mcarter
06-11-06, 08:31 AM
I'm in Loveland, CO and would be up for a Nothern CO V Meet. My email is mcarter@flowsystemsinc.com.

Mike
04 Silver/Black, Opt. GM Wheels, UUC Shifter, Corsa Sport cat back Exhaust, Maggie w/ 2.75" pulley, Dyno Tuned by Diablosport.

mike041357
06-11-06, 08:38 AM
BBV and Tweeter....Send me your email address so I have it on file. mike@4snyds.com

Mike

rgd
06-13-06, 04:05 AM
I don't want to name names yet since I'm still tying to get this setteled however, my moving company started with an "A" also.

Side Note….
Now that we live in snow county, I have to teach my kids to follow FZ's words of wisdom to watch out were the Huskies go and not eat the yellow snow.:thumbsup:

You are right, Zappa is a wise man.
Good choice on color, Platinum (Silver) as everybody knows, is the fastest color V!
Congrats!

tweeter81
06-13-06, 04:08 PM
Colorado fellas,

My email is cj_sloan1981@yahoo.com and you guys can feel free to email me anytime regarding a good V meet time. Like I said, I still want to do a couple of small things before the meet to make Midnight (my V's pet name) look and sound just a little sweeter. I also seem to remember QuickChickLeslie was possibly interested in getting a V meet set up. So hopefully we can get all the northern Colorado V owners to come out of the woodwork and have fun.

C.J.

BBV
06-13-06, 07:10 PM
Mike, Mike and C.J.

Email sent

-Bill