: News Report of CTS V failure

BeagleBrains
06-08-06, 08:52 PM
I wonder if it could be arranged for a Network news program or Cable News agency to pick up a story about the shortcomings of the CTS V. The attitude of GM and the Cadillac Division seems to be quite news worthy. Dealer rejection of Warranty claims is the last straw. Acquisition of the numerous documented complaints would surely be worthy of an evening news item. Just have them access this Forum. I don't consider this a subversion of the Cadillac CTS V. GM has done that themselves.

dqw1
06-08-06, 09:14 PM
Hmm, if they had access to the forum and they also seen the most recent survey, then what? I'm not saying there's no issues.

TampaV
06-08-06, 09:38 PM
That would really help raise the resale values of our cars... NOT

rand49er
06-08-06, 09:52 PM
The engineers know exactly what's going on. It's the bean counters that cause problems. :tisk:

The Tony Show
06-08-06, 11:50 PM
That would really help raise the resale values of our cars... NOT

Same thing I was thinking. The last thing I want is for kids in Civics to pull up next to me at a light and make a smartass comment about the quality of my car.

Short answer: It will accomplish nothing other than embarrassing those of us who own one, as well as killing resale.

CTSV05
06-09-06, 12:20 AM
BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Bad Idea Alert!!

obzidian
06-09-06, 12:34 AM
man, in a perfect world, its a hell of an idea.. thought about doing it locally..

but we dont live in a perfect world. We live in a world were snot nose kids can get a car running low 13's, keep up, an act like a pack or aluminum foil grills when they keep up with ya for under 22k.

Also, in this world, it will probably not help us out but you never know, im not trying to be negative but its a step that we all need to first analysis before pausibly hurting ourselves instead of helping.

Kliff notes: blah blah blah.... skittles suck!!... blah blah blah.... "what was the question again?" :)

Dennisscars
06-09-06, 01:25 AM
Let's just announce to anybody who doesn't know any better that this car is .... KRAP.. and then we'll all get Ferd Pinto pricing... oh wait... then I can get a another car just for the track, for cheap..

go to sleep GM excec's didn't mean for you to lose sleep... yeah right...

ajedwardsjr
06-09-06, 06:56 AM
Reminds me of how 60 Minutes took a stupid, no-value story and killed a really good car with their pandering and irresponsible reporting. Remember the Audi 5000? Supposedly inhabited by some demon that caused unintended acceleration?

Jesda
06-09-06, 08:26 AM
Lower resale = Jesda owns one soon. *drool*

CTSDreams
06-09-06, 08:31 AM
Reminds me of how 60 Minutes took a stupid, no-value story and killed a really good car with their pandering and irresponsible reporting. Remember the Audi 5000? Supposedly inhabited by some demon that caused unintended acceleration?

Same claim by Jeep Cherokee owners a few years later. A true study later found out that in both cars it was a result of a slightly different gas and brake pedal positioning and that the retarded drivers were actually hitting the gas instead of the brake. Like it took a genius to figure out when a person reports that the car would go faster the harder they pushed on the brake that they were really stepping on the gas.

M5eatr
06-09-06, 09:43 AM
Yep, go ahead and do that. THe only people you will be hurting is us. Resale will be in the tank. Do you think the majority of the people know or care about wheel hop.....,maybe the I HOP.....but I doubt they would give a rat's arse about people who can't do a burnout.

mike041357
06-09-06, 09:53 AM
If you dislike the car that much, just get rid of it. It is what it is. I personally love mine (with all the quirks) and can't wait to go driving today.

crowan
06-09-06, 10:34 AM
If you dislike the car that much, just get rid of it. It is what it is. I personally love mine (with all the quirks) and can't wait to go driving today.

Amen.

Not to mention the fact no car manufacturer is going to lay down like a bunch of wimps. Can you imagine how the GM public relations machine would tear up a group of amateurs complaining about wheel hop and other quirks? GM's talking points would be full of phrases like "abusive driving, illegal street racing, heavily modified for racing, fraudulent warranty claims" etc.
Strangely, such a defense by GM would do more to protect the value of our cars than the effort to highlight some imperfections.

As for me, 16K miles, no problems. I just got mine washed, the weather is perfect, and I'm going for a spirited drive. What a great country we live in.

CR

P-Funk
06-09-06, 11:23 AM
:werd:

MadMike
06-09-06, 06:12 PM
OH YEAH..........get f***ing 60 minutes to do a piece.....then stand back and watch the crap fly. Remember ATC's, or the previously mentioned Audi's, or hang gliders? Those A55holes can ruin anything for anybody

06-09-06, 07:34 PM
I can see the "headline" now: "Rich Guys Whining that their Rears Make Noise"

BeagleBrains
06-09-06, 10:46 PM
You're all right. I do love my CTS V. Many cars were initially released with a few problems. It took a while, but improvements did evolve into a better product. I don't mean to flame this great car out of the gate.

twentyon20s
06-10-06, 12:32 AM
*delete thread immediately*

protect the V rep

2004ctsv
06-10-06, 08:53 AM
man, in a perfect world, its a hell of an idea.. thought about doing it locally..

but we dont live in a perfect world. We live in a world were snot nose kids can get a car running low 13's, keep up, an act like a pack or aluminum foil grills when they keep up with ya for under 22k.

:)

Don't tell me you bought this Cadillac and you're concerned about what someone else thinks about your car. If you want to impress the rice crew, buy a bike and ride on one wheel.:thepan:

T

crowan
06-10-06, 09:56 AM
Don't tell me you bought this Cadillac and you're concerned about what someone else thinks about your car. If you want to impress the rice crew, buy a bike and ride on one wheel.:thepan:

T

Yeah, the front wheel. :histeric:

BeagleBrains
06-10-06, 12:26 PM
I intended to make the point that little or no resolution of problems has occurred. If nothing is done, GM is given license (approval) to blow off its' customers. YES. Do terminate this thread.

urbanski
06-10-06, 02:07 PM
YES. Do terminate this thread.
you mean lock it? ok.....
if you don't want it locked, just PM me ok? :)