: So I went back to the drags anyway...

Seattle CTS-V
06-08-06, 10:53 AM
As some of you may remember I haven't had much luck at getting any good runs at the dragstrip. 3 trips to the track and only 1 run each time b/f it was too crowded or it rained.

Well, last night was looking pretty nice so after work I went to give it one more try. Some dark clouds were looming in the distance but here in Seattle that doesn't mean it'll rain.

Got to the track and got into line. Not too many cars there so I was pretty hopeful to get at least few runs in. As I got in the right lane what do you think lined up beside me? Yes! An E39 M5 with a really cocky guy driving it. His every other word started with an 'F'. Anyway, about a 1/2 hour of waiting in line and I finally get my first run in (did I mention against the M5?)

Light went green and we took off!

CTSV : M5

60' 2.121 : 2.562
1/4 12.871 : 14.535
MPH 115.70 : 104.46

I must have put no less than 10-12 bus lengths on him. When we lined back up again he came over to me and the first thing out of his mouth wasn't 'Hey, nice run' it was just excuse after excuse. Traction control, bogged it, yada yada yada. It happens to all of us but it was just funny.

I ended up racing 3 more times - once against a 13.8 @ 101 Evo, once against a 14.6 @ 96 E36 M3 and once more against the M5. He did better that time.

CTSV : M5
2.168 : 2.228
12.850 : 13.674
116.11 : 105.40

The 116mph was my highest trap. Gotta give my props to StealthV again. Rick - you da man!!

There was a Viper there too that was only trapping 116mph. I thought it should be trapping higher. He came with the M5 guy though so maybe he couldn't drive either :) They ended up being ok guys in the end but they just had something to prove in the beginning. Baby-V humbled them a bit!

Chef
06-08-06, 11:07 AM
:thumbsup: Way to represent!

Chef

StealthV
06-08-06, 11:24 AM
Nice driving and results. Your V is hauling the mail. :thumbsup:

obzidian
06-08-06, 11:40 AM
im a little off but by E39, you're talking about the newer m5'z. If so, thats a bit low for that car and its an auto, kinda hard to mess up!! :)

Good runs though.... your trap speed is looking good as well.

Staxxin
06-08-06, 11:48 AM
im a little off but by E39, you're talking about the newer m5'z. If so, thats a bit low for that car and its an auto, kinda hard to mess up!! :)

Good runs though.... your trap speed is looking good as well.

The E39 is the previous model year. The V8 400hp version. I don't know if that's what he means or not.

Seattle CTS-V
06-08-06, 12:31 PM
Yeah, the E39 M5 is the previous version with 400hp. The newer ones are all SMG trannies w/ launch modes to give you a perfect, idiot-proof launch. Just floor the car and the revs climb to the perfect rpm, push the lever over and BOOM! you're flyin! I think I've seen mags run the new M5 around 12.5 @ 116ish. I'll run my friend's M6 in the next few months so that'll be a good indicator as to how a maggied-V does against these new foes. With a good launch I should be just a couple cars back. Time for that 2.6 pulley, meth injection and another StealthV tune!

MStoehrer
06-08-06, 12:38 PM
Very nice :thumbsup:

LV_V
06-08-06, 12:40 PM
props

P-Funk
06-08-06, 01:43 PM
:2thumbs:

Seattle CTS-V
06-08-06, 03:48 PM
Oh yeah, one more thing. I hadn't really thought I was going to the track, so during lunch yesterday I had filled the gas tank. I could probably lose alot of weight running on fumes and maybe see a little better e.t.

Vendetta-V-
06-08-06, 04:34 PM
Way to represent the V! I love to see more people going to the track. Sometimes I think we're a dying breed.

stkshkr
06-08-06, 04:52 PM
Way to go Seattle !!!!!! The more you go the better the times will get and you might get addicted. I bet you had a lot of people commenting on the car. Pick up a set of drag radials and you won't believe what will happen to your times

PROPS!

Seattle CTS-V
06-08-06, 06:23 PM
Way to go Seattle !!!!!! The more you go the better the times will get and you might get addicted. I bet you had a lot of people commenting on the car. Pick up a set of drag radials and you won't believe what will happen to your times

PROPS!

Everyone loves the car--young people, ol' timers, die-hard dragracers. They love the looks and they love the fact that a Caddy has a Corvette motor and can run in the 12's. Many also love the fact that it's an American car that can finally catch up to the foreign vehicles. The track is usually swarmed by a whole host of Evos, STIs, Supras, S4s and M3s.

lasstss
06-08-06, 08:58 PM
Nice run, exactly where the V should be.:highfive: low 12's are on the hook.

CTSV05
06-08-06, 11:42 PM
Sweet......told ya you'd get better!

Hows the car hooking and shifting with the kit?

Seattle CTS-V
06-09-06, 03:11 AM
I launch at about 1k rpms. As soon as the car starts to roll I floor it. Very little hop but tons of spin. I've been letting the clutch out too fast for 2nd I think cuz I barely even get any traction out of that gear. Without the KARS kit I don't think the drags would be any fun at all.

VELOSE
06-09-06, 03:58 AM
I love these stories. I seem to be battling my own against the euro's on another forum. I'm going to link those idiots to this thread. It'll be hilarious. :D

You Da Man Seattle!:thumbsup: