: stealth v and lindsay....

SBONES
06-08-06, 10:34 AM
thank you so much for the time spent on my v...i never had so much fun driving this car until they did what they did.:thumbsup: ..the tune seems perfect and taking out the specter bushings did quit the rear...5 hr drive and not one clunk sound...talk about a dream-team...they are it, class act.

Rick and James, and the tech at lindsay....thanks a million.

scott

oh ya..picked up a bad-ass shifter knob from james...ill take pics later today.

StealthV
06-08-06, 11:17 AM
You're welcome Scott. :cheers:

Lindsay Cadillac
06-08-06, 11:53 AM
:yeah:

The tech was Bill and we're glad to help out...

Kadonny
06-08-06, 02:11 PM
So is this the first Spectre bushing de-install?

Lindsay Cadillac
06-08-06, 03:43 PM
Not sure if it was the first ever, but it was the first that we did... Don't count on being able to re-use them if you take them out either... They came out in pieces...

MescalVto
06-08-06, 04:04 PM
So . . . what bushings are you using instead?

Lindsay Cadillac
06-08-06, 04:12 PM
We put the GM bushings back in... He wasn't happy with the difference in the ride with the Spectre bushings in...

ewill3rd
06-08-06, 04:50 PM
Yep, Bill... that's me.
The two bottom bushings on the rear would not come out without a fight.
They exploded and came out in 3 pieces each. One of the top ones on the rear cracked. They fit so tightly in the body mount that they hold themselves in and the back ones are quite long. It took a while to dig them out. The fronts came out easier but not a whole lot.
The spectres are made to fill the gaps better than the factory ones, but it also touches the body and the frame, plus they are thicker so when you tighten the bolts it's pretty solid back there. If you have ANY noises at all in the back frame the spectres will carry it into the body. An unfortunate side effect.
The GM ones have a tendency to "itch" between the body and the cradle under loads which can make for a really annoying popping sound as some of you know. It's a matter of personal taste.
Glad it worked out for you Scott.

Glad to hear the tune is working so far.

SBONES
06-09-06, 10:58 AM
I sort of liked the specter's as far as spinning the tires...but i rather have a quit ride...drove it all day yesterday...its great...thanks again.

BeastMaster
06-09-06, 12:43 PM
I had James and his guys put the specter bushing in because I could not stand the squeaks from the rear. Great guys to deal with and well worth the trip from New York. I have not noticed any additional noise (other than the increase whine) since the bushing change and I 've put 1200 miles on the car since then.