: Happy Birthday to my V!

NIK
06-08-06, 09:32 AM
Today is the 2nd anniversary of my CTS-V ownership, and I have to say they've been quite enjoyable. Though my V is an '05, it was built on May 27, 2004 after I ordered it in April, 2004 and picked it up on June 8, 2004. The car is basically stock with the exception of the Corsa exhaust which the dealer installed after I had the car about 4 months (stock was too tame, Corsa is downright sweet!) Minor "mods" are CarMotorSports logo mats and seat belt pads, GM Performance Division plaque.

From the beginning, my only gripe with the car was the F-1 tires (short life, no grip in the cold or snow.) Once I replaced them with RSA runflats the car became almost perfect for me as I don't track the car and do enjoy driving it year round - a no-no if you have F-1's here in the Northeast. And I can still hand the occasional Mustang, etc. it's tail when the situation arises. I even achieved a 1.0g reading on my G meter (left turn). I have a picture to prove it, but I don't know how to upload it ..... anyone?

To this date I have no rear end whine, no parade clunk, no problem getting the car into reverse ..... in short, none of the problems some of you are having. The only time I've been to the dealer for other than routine oil changes (which I received the first 3 free) was to have the alarm enabled,
radiator was dripping a little so they replaced it, and they replaced my sail panels when they noticed they were coming loose. All in all, dealer and the car have been great. I still get stares and "thumbs up" wherever I go, still get people asking about the car, even have had several people taking pictures of the darn thing! All in all, no regrets what-so-ever for buying it!

Avejoe
06-08-06, 01:01 PM
Happy Birthday ! My V has had a 2nd birthday also ! :thumbsup: The roads in NewEngland are Awesome in the V, sometimes the highways aint shabby either

CIWS
06-08-06, 01:39 PM
Here's NIK's G meter pic. :)

http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/gmeter.jpg

NH Vrod
06-08-06, 02:49 PM
Avejoe,
I must agree about the roads in New England. I live in Northen NH and the V just eats up the corners, it's no wonder I have to replace tires every 5000 miles!!

Kadonny
06-08-06, 03:18 PM
Very cool Nik, stories like yours keep us all going.

Might you be interested in a dyno day if I can get one together over here near Pottstown/Phoenixville?

thebigjimsho
06-08-06, 04:19 PM
May 27th, 2004 was the day I took delivery of my V. Oh, what an awesome day.

I put down my deposit and order for my black on neutral on Feb 11th. My dealer got the V in early April and HELD IT until I could pick it up. They kept it off the market for a month and a half just for me. How sweet...

NIK
06-08-06, 04:35 PM
May 27th, 2004 was the day I took delivery of my V. Oh, what an awesome day.

I put down my deposit and order for my black on neutral on Feb 11th. My dealer got the V in early April and HELD IT until I could pick it up. They kept it off the market for a month and a half just for me. How sweet...

My dealer had a black '04 on the lot at the time, but i figured if I was going to get one, I might as well get an '05. Ordered it in April '04, build date was May 27, 2004, and a little over 5 weeks later on June 8, 2005 I picked it up. To tell you the truth, at the time I really didn't expect it to come in until late August or early September! Then I was a little leery because the car was built on a Monday (you know what the feelings are on that!) But the whole experience has been a dream, from order to delivery to ownership (so far.)