: My V must have a BULLSEYE on it...

mostoyzwinz
06-07-06, 10:57 PM
In the last 6 mos. my drive it like I stole style has gotten me:rant2:
1st - nice young lady pulls out of a parking spot right into the V in Beantown
2nd - a 130 lb Rottweiler T-bones the V and bounces off unphased (sp?)...what the hell was he thinking? Tough dogs.
3rd - today, she exits JKs Texas Hot Weiners (leave it alone) and believes she has right of way....officer informs her otherwise and i get a nice imprint of her tire/bumper cut into the V's nose....sure felt like I could've done better than the ABS on the wet pavement.

Well, I'll be getting a new nose/paint soon...again....at least the air bags didn't go off. Last two noses got chewed up with FOD...the V's a DD for me...come sleet, snow, etc. Therefore I want a clear bra. So the question is, how long to wait after paint before covering her up?

Rather than just bloviate, I did a search of the forum which lead me to http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/37692-3m-clear-bra-fresh-paint.html?highlight=clear+bra+paint+wait on which opinions vary from 7 days to 90 days.

3M website http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_NZ/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/For_the/Consumer/FAQs/ says wait until the paint's cured...which concensus leads me to believe is 60-90 days.

Question is, how do I drive it daily, avoid FOD, while it's curing? I'm thinking just put the 'over the shoulder boulder holder' on her right away. Qualified opinions?

PS - insurance company mentioned something about a defensive driving class..what's that?:hmm:

Luna.
06-07-06, 11:00 PM
3rd - today, she exits JKs Texas Hot Weiners (leave it alone)

:histeric:

CadiJeff
06-07-06, 11:15 PM
Hey I can relate my 94 eldo has an uncontrollable cloaking device In the last year I have lost count of how many times I have been cut off almost or actually rear ended and in the actually column the woman actually said she didn't see me until it was too late..... I was stoped at a trafic light attempting to turn left and I was the only one on that side of the road in broad daylight!

a month ago I had a local police officer do a u turn less than 25 feet in front of me and I almos T-boned him.

a week or so ago I almost ran over a ohio highway patrol officer trying to get speeders going around a corner, he had his car at dusk at the bottom of an on ramp with no lights on at all then as I am about to pass him and merge onto the hwy his dooy flys open right in front of me and he jumps out to radar someone and at the last minute notices me on the ramp and pulls the door shut and shoots an apologetic wave at me.

like I said uncontrollable cloaking device

ajedwardsjr
06-08-06, 08:44 AM
Note to Mostoyzwinz:

Thank you for bringing a note of erudition to this board. Although I had to run to the dictionary to look it up, bloviate was a great word choice. I get very tired reading post after post written by guys who are spelling with a set of scrabble tiles in front of them.

Avejoe
06-08-06, 01:07 PM
Icu812 ,gataluvscrabl

BadCad
06-09-06, 07:30 PM
bloviate -
a deviate who blows?

atdeneve
06-10-06, 07:10 AM
Well actually, deviate is a verb and you can't rightly put an article in front of a verb. The noun you're looking for is deviant; i.e., someone who deviates.

Sorry, donned the dicwad loser hat for a second there. Hyuk.

mostoyzwinz
06-10-06, 11:12 PM
Simplified version = how long should one wait after paint before putting the brassiere on?

BadCad
06-12-06, 07:10 PM
pant 'till you can't do it anymore, then put on the brassiere slowly.

seriously though; when i read up on clear bras, the instructions said not to put them on cars that have been repainted as they won't guarantee the install. however, i know of people who have put them on but only after the paint has sufficiently cured, which may take up to a few months depending on paint used and weather conditions. i would ask the paint shop their opinion.

ronr
06-12-06, 07:30 PM
PS - insurance company mentioned something about a defensive driving class..what's that?:hmm:

http://www.beaverun.com/BMC_shopping_cart.asp

007 anyone

mostoyzwinz
06-12-06, 09:43 PM
http://www.beaverun.com/BMC_shopping_cart.asp

007 anyone

I have to say, that's not what I was thinking when I saw 'beaverun'. :highfive:

So, I have the new bumper cover painted, allow it to cure, then put it on the car and bra it. That's the only way mine will remain chip free during the cure days. I can drive around with the punctured one for a while.

mostoyzwinz
06-12-06, 09:46 PM
pant 'till you can't do it anymore, then put on the brassiere slowly.

:histeric: took a nanosecond, but i did chuckle....after I stopped panting