: She's Back and Bad as HELL!!!!

Staxxin
06-07-06, 08:18 PM
The Caddy is finally back after my header install nightmare. Damian and the guys over at F-Body Central took really good care of her. The tac issue turned out to be a pinched wire that was practically split in two when Damian found it.

The sluggishness I believe was a combination of things including the SuperChips tune which didn’t compensate at all for the headers.

After a very thorough dyno tune, the car is running very strong. The Mustang Dyno is reporting 427rwhp and 412rwtq.

I highly recommend these guys for anyone in the area needing a good tune or any work done for that matter. :thumbsup:

Cheers!!

John

brtnharv
06-07-06, 08:28 PM
Are you supercharged?

Staxxin
06-07-06, 08:38 PM
Are you supercharged?

No........ YES:green:

Drift-caddy
06-07-06, 08:51 PM
No........ YES:green:

Hahaha. nonon that is only a power steering whine you are hearing:alchi:

Yea i think its time for a bump stick and maybe some funny gas. lol. Go out and enjoy the car and have fun. Next we will get rid of the MAF and go with 2 bar map.

Drift-caddy
06-07-06, 08:52 PM
Oh yea and KeeksV look like we have a race. 2 SC Vs. lol ill get it on Vid and post it up.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/driftcaddy/dynosheet-V.jpg

Chef
06-07-06, 10:22 PM
The tac issue turned out to be a pinched wire that was practically split in two when Damian found it.

Tell me what the problem was? the tac was doing what? Sounds familiar so please explain your past symptoms.

thx,
Chef

CaddyGeek
06-07-06, 10:29 PM
Staxxin, Besides the Maggie and headers, what are your mods?

Drift-caddy
06-07-06, 10:32 PM

Driftcaddy tune. what else is there. lol Catback. and thats it, still has stock air box.

keeksv
06-08-06, 07:58 AM
Oh yea and KeeksV look like we have a race. 2 SC Vs. lol ill get it on Vid and post it up.

If you ever get my headers on, I'll consider it. Just re-upped my AAA membership for when my diff detonates. Guess what? Got the extended towing option too, so don't be surprised if my car is dropped off out in front of your house on night:)

Don't forget the MAF/MAP stuff for my car.

Not sure about this weekend. Condo is being used by my buddy's parents in town for the weekend. Call me.

ew

Staxxin
06-08-06, 08:47 AM
Tell me what the problem was? the tac was doing what? Sounds familiar so please explain your past symptoms.

thx,
Chef

In short, the tac bounced around but for the most part stayed dormant. It wasn’t moving or registering. It turned out that the coil bracket on the driver side, for all intents and purposes, cut the wire.

Staxxin
06-08-06, 08:55 AM

Driftcaddy tune. what else is there. lol Catback. and thats it, still has stock air box.

That about somes up my "Go Fast" parts...

Quick run down

05 V (of course black -it's the fastest), Maggie, SW long tubes with RT CATs, MagnaFlow exhaust, UUC, Hot Bars, CCW SP600, and Specter Spoiler. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff...

The car came up the upgraded shock package, FG2...

I have a Volant CAI but it was determined not to do much with my setup so if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Drift-caddy
06-08-06, 11:53 PM
That about somes up my "Go Fast" parts...

Quick run down

05 V (of course black -it's the fastest), Maggie, SW long tubes with RT CATs, MagnaFlow exhaust, UUC, Hot Bars, CCW SP600, and Specter Spoiler. I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff...

The car came up the upgraded shock package, FG2...

I have a Volant CAI but it was determined not to do much with my setup so if anyone is interested, please let me know.

So how is the car doing??? Hey there is a car show this weekend in OC why dont you come on down and ride with us. Picking up a V for the show<keeksv> be nice to have 2 Vs there to sit side by side. Any one else in the area come on out.

keeksv
06-09-06, 07:43 AM
Yeah, sure "car show"...If I see my car in pictures going sideways at Beaver Run or Fed Ex Field, I'm torching the Camaro...LOL

Let me know when you guys are coming by...and watch the cops on rte 50...they know my car well.

ew

Staxxin
06-09-06, 10:37 AM
So how is the car doing??? Hey there is a car show this weekend in OC why dont you come on down and ride with us. Picking up a V for the show<keeksv> be nice to have 2 Vs there to sit side by side. Any one else in the area come on out.

The car is awesome :thumbsup: !!! I would love too but I have to work Saturday. I think the weather is going to be nice so enjoy!!!