: Hooter's in Dublin, CALIFORNIA this Sunday the 11th...

pimpcaddy
06-07-06, 02:02 PM
Anyone want to crash Diablo Valley Corvette's gathering at Hooters' this coming Sunday the 11th at 11am. It's local for me and I know a few of the members since I used to be in their club. Let me know.

Dave

LittleB
06-07-06, 02:15 PM
Oh my goodness...someone actually lives close to me :bouncy:

50 4Ever
06-07-06, 02:42 PM
Sounds like fun, I just might be there. :thumbsup:

VELOSE
06-07-06, 02:51 PM
I'll sneak out and hang for a bit. :D

Maybe we can get WW, Dreamin, RGD, and whomever else I'm missing to come.

50 4Ever
06-07-06, 05:47 PM
Anyone need some motovation? I pulled this photo off the CF, it was taken last year at this event.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/photopost/direct_data/1039/11249White1_edited1.JPG

kjr39
06-07-06, 07:26 PM
Can we see some pics of the event?

(Cars in those pics are optional.)

VELOSE
06-07-06, 11:54 PM
I just got a call from a potential buyer for the V. I forgot I left the ad on autotrader active. The potential buyer would like to see the car. I invited him to this. I hope you guys don't mind. Unless he gives me my price, the V isn't going anywhere. Once at the meet, I bet I'm going to think twice to sell it anyway. :D

50 4Ever
06-08-06, 12:05 PM
I just got a call from a potential buyer for the V. I forgot I left the ad on autotrader active. The potential buyer would like to see the car. I invited him to this. I hope you guys don't mind. Unless he gives me my price, the V isn't going anywhere. Once at the meet, I bet I'm going to think twice to sell it anyway. :D

I'll be coming thru Tracy on 205, do you want to meet someplace and caravan over?

:bouncy:

VELOSE
06-08-06, 01:06 PM
Yeah, lets get together at the Chevron on Naglee Road and Grant Line Road. What time do you want to meet? It'll take 25min to get to Dublin from Tracy.

Here's a map..... http://web.sa.mapquest.com/chevron/advantage.adp?transaction=locmap&ph=250&pw=315&mapStyle=style5&name=CHV%20SAM%20HIRBOD&address=2615%20GRANTLINE%20ROAD&city=TRACY&stateProvince=CA&country=US&latitude=37.754101&longitude=-121.469200&iconid=31039001&user1=(209)%20836-3464

pimpcaddy
06-08-06, 01:24 PM
Looks like the Corvette club will have 19 cars attending. Anyone else care to join us?

Dave

rgd
06-08-06, 02:42 PM
Sunday 11 at 11.
I will probably make it over there too.
rgd

50 4Ever
06-08-06, 03:29 PM
Yeah, lets get together at the Chevron on Naglee Road and Grant Line Road. What time do you want to meet? It'll take 25min to get to Dublin from Tracy.

Here's a map..... http://web.sa.mapquest.com/chevron/advantage.adp?transaction=locmap&ph=250&pw=315&mapStyle=style5&name=CHV%20SAM%20HIRBOD&address=2615%20GRANTLINE%20ROAD&city=TRACY&stateProvince=CA&country=US&latitude=37.754101&longitude=-121.469200&iconid=31039001&user1=(209)%20836-3464

Sounds like a plan, you name a time and I'll be there. I'm not sure what time people are gathering at hooters.:bouncy:

FZfan
06-08-06, 03:43 PM
I'll talk to the spousal unit and see if we can make it. Not sure if I have a list of chores or a family event to attend on Sunday, if not, I'll be there.

pimpcaddy
06-09-06, 09:35 AM
The more the merrier. And it will certainly be a surprise for the Corvette guys.

Dave

50 4Ever
06-09-06, 11:56 AM

I'll be at the Chevron by 10:30. See ya there:bouncy:

VELOSE
06-09-06, 06:23 PM
I'll be at the Chevron by 10:30. See ya there:bouncy:

Perfect, I was going to suggest 10:30am too.:thumbsup:

MWD
06-09-06, 06:40 PM
Glad to see that we are having a Bay Area meet, but sad I can't make it.

Wasn't someone keeping track of the NorCal folks here?

Michael

calicadi
06-09-06, 10:24 PM
Lord willin' and the crick don't rise, I'll be there. Wear your V regalia (hats, T-shirts, cuff links, jackets) so we can nerd up da' joint. And don't forget to bathe, car and self... we'll want to make a good impression. Oh, and cameras... lots of cameras. If there's trouble, courts like evidence. :bonkers:

VELOSE
06-10-06, 03:43 AM
I'll go ahead and take my digi camera in the car with the new headrest mount. It'll be good practice. Don't worry, I'll be wearing my V polo and hat. ;)

50 4Ever
06-10-06, 09:01 AM
Lord willin' and the crick don't rise, I'll be there. Wear your V regalia (hats, T-shirts, cuff links, jackets) so we can nerd up da' joint. And don't forget to bathe, car and self... we'll want to make a good impression. Oh, and cameras... lots of cameras. If there's trouble, courts like evidence. :bonkers:

I don't have any V regalia yet, but I have tons of Corvette stuff so I'll be wearing some of that.

:confused:

KCzV
06-10-06, 01:44 PM
I may be in Pleasanton on Sunday, If so I 'll be there. I would like to see a V with a maggie and some different mod options.

pimpcaddy
06-10-06, 07:29 PM
The Corvette guys are in for a big surprise. See all of you guys there.

Dave

VELOSE
06-11-06, 12:45 AM
I guess I better clean up my car tomorrow morning. :D

kali_cts03
06-11-06, 01:04 AM
Anyone want to crash Diablo Valley Corvette's gathering at Hooters' this coming Sunday the 11th at 11am. It's local for me and I know a few of the members since I used to be in their club. Let me know.

Dave

Dave, you and the Hooters' events..... :eek: ... I like it..... :thumbsup: ... make sure to get one planned down our way again, that was cool..... :rolleyes:

You guys have fun out there and don't give the corvette guys too much trouble.....:stirpot:

CIPNBREW
06-11-06, 07:01 PM
PimpDaddy,

I just saw your posting wish I could have gotten over to Dublin today. I live in Antioch and would have loved to blast over and show off my V. Are there any V clubs around our area?
Just wondering I think they would be more fun than the Corvette Clubs I've seen.

CIPNBREW

FZfan
06-11-06, 07:03 PM
Velsoe, 50 4ever, Pimpcaddy, CaliCaddy and the new guy (Stealth Grey) that I can't remember, great meeting you!

Good weather, nice cars, great company and fine, eh, wings at Hooters. A good time was had by all and as a bonus, on the way home a dude in a DTS wanted to demonstrate his driving skill (or level of intoxication) on 580 - this is why I drink water...

Velose - Dude, you can't sell the car, it would hurt us too much.

pimpcaddy - Let me know how the engine cover turns out!

50 4 ever - How was your trip to San Andreas?

By the way, Calicaddy is NEVER be late for lunch!

Fun stuff, PM me for photos. Spousal unit got a cool shot of us following Velose and 50 4ever heading to Hooters.

FZfan
06-11-06, 08:05 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/FZfan/DSC08955.jpghttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/FZfan/DSC08942.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/FZfan/DSC08946.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/FZfan/DSC08947.jpg

50 4Ever
06-12-06, 11:56 AM

50 4 ever - How was your trip to San Andreas?

Great pics :thumbsup:

I didn't go to San Andreas, I couldn't have gotten there by the time my daughter's basketball tournament was over. So I just took I-680 to I-80 home, now I remember why I have not gone that way for over 6 years. :eek:

Great meeting everyone, let's do it again sometime.

I posted a note on the Corvette Forum along with a picture of a few of the ladies by my car in case they forgot what a V looks like. Click here (http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126) It's on the 2nd page.

Great time :thumbsup:

VELOSE
06-12-06, 12:20 PM
I'm lagging on my pics but they don't differ too much from what FZfan has provided.

It was good meeting all of you as well. We had 6 cars meet for our first meet. I know there are at least 3-4 more within the are that could've made it. Till next time :alchi:

kali_cts03
06-12-06, 11:57 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h192/FZfan/DSC08955.jpg

Nice pics!!! :thumbsup: And I like the fact that different colors are all there, looks kinda cool.... :)

VELOSE
06-13-06, 12:18 AM
.....and the black one proved to be the fastest since it's maggied. :D

FZfan
06-13-06, 09:00 AM
No question who the top dog is in that line up!

On the way home, the spousal unit made an observation, "I have a feeling that meeting those guys is going to cost us money."

Bright girl for sure.

For starters, 3M clear bra done yesterday, tint is next, Corsa is ordered, CAGS eliminator ordered, looking at Fiske wheels with Falkins, want to do something in the engine bay, I like the carbon fiber package but the price is stupid, shifter bushings, and the piece de'resistance (sp?) the head and cam package.

We'll see how the finances and spousal toleration affect the pace of the mods.

VELOSE
06-13-06, 02:32 PM
Spousal toleration is in some cases le piece de'resistance. Do the visual mods first while she can tolerate it. All the non-visible mods you can get away with. ;)

Nice list you have going there. I specifically like the wheel and tire package you are considering.

50 4Ever
06-13-06, 02:57 PM

On the way home, the spousal unit made an observation, "I have a feeling that meeting those guys is going to cost us money."

Bright girl for sure.

She has very good deductive skills. :rofl:

After all, when you buy a new car all you get is a starter kit and it's up to you to finish it.

Great mods you've got planned. I want to hear those Corsa's sometime. I've got Corsa Indy's on my Corvette with no X-Pipe and they are mean and really sound great on the track. Last summer at Road Atlanta I was measured at 103 db during throttle blips. A similar setup except with the Touring setup and X-Pipe was measured at 98 db.

:thumbsup:

haxorwear
06-13-06, 04:38 PM
Had I known earlier, I'd have been there. That's what I get for not visiting the forums recently.

We were up there on the 10th evening with a friend having wings... Missed it by <---> that much.

calicadi
06-13-06, 09:01 PM

Bright girl for sure.

For starters, 3M clear bra done yesterday, tint is next, Corsa is ordered, CAGS eliminator ordered, looking at Fiske wheels with Falkins, want to do something in the engine bay, I like the carbon fiber package but the price is stupid, shifter bushings, and the piece de'resistance (sp?) the head and cam package.

We'll see how the finances and spousal toleration affect the pace of the mods.

Here's my bay. At heart I'm a Ferrarista so this is my American Testa Rosa. Painted Corvette Torch Red with brushed silver lettering and stripes. You can see the AMW catch-can and Volant CAI.

FZfan
06-14-06, 09:01 AM
That is SWEET!

Your covers really turned out nice.