: Funny dinner story

ronr
06-07-06, 11:34 AM
I was out to dinner last night with one of my clients and her husband and we got on the subject of cars (I fall into that trap a lot :rolleyes: ). I mentioned that I bought a stick shift because my wife doesn't drive stick and I wanted it to be "my" car. I didn't tell them it was a Caddy. My client's husband said "Yah...it's like 'how did you get that stick into a Cadillac anyway'". The implication was that Cadillac would never build a car with a stick. You can't possibly imagine the look on his face when I said "As a matter of fact it is a Cadillac".

In the immortal words of MasterCard "Priceless"

L.Sanchez
06-07-06, 11:56 AM
I was at a party a few months ago and I was playing bartender. I needed to move my car to let someone else out but was busy tending. A girl I knew and was hitting on :) offered to move it for me. I tossed her the keys and sent her on her way. About 2 minutes later she comes back and says "I didn't realize it was a stick shift. I didn't know they made Cadillac's in stick?!"

Don't worry. I ended up teaching her "stick" anyway.

-Ladis

LittleB
06-07-06, 12:00 PM
Don't worry. I ended up teaching her "stick" anyway.

-Ladis

:histeric: Nice! :thumbsup:

CIWS
06-07-06, 01:10 PM
Holy Crap, I saw LittleB post in this thread in the V section and thought I was in the wrong area of the forum, started double checking where I was. Unless of course it got moved here. :)

I do get the "That things got a stick in it?" comment quite a lot.

BadCad
06-07-06, 01:32 PM
I get a lot of comments about my 'shtick' also....

:histeric: oy vey. :histeric:

CIWS
06-07-06, 01:37 PM

Hmmm... So then I take it the Schwartz is with you. http://www.ciws.net/ctsv/happyhappy.gif

LittleB
06-07-06, 01:56 PM
Holy Crap, I saw LittleB post in this thread in the V section and thought I was in the wrong area of the forum, started double checking where I was. Unless of course it got moved here. :)

HA HA HA very funny! You are in the right section :p You might see me here more often because according to some of the V guys in the Lounge the V section can be pretty entertaining :D

LittleB
06-07-06, 01:57 PM

Good or bad? :histeric:

CIWS
06-07-06, 02:26 PM
HA HA HA very funny! You are in the right section :p

I was somewhat serious. I started reading the thread then saw you posted in it and scrolled back up wondering how the hell I hit the link to the lounge. A real brain tumor moment.:bonkers:

Anyway good to see you expanding your horizons.:yup:

LittleB
06-07-06, 03:44 PM
I was somewhat serious. I started reading the thread then saw you posted in it and scrolled back up wondering how the hell I hit the link to the lounge. A real brain tumor moment.:bonkers:

Anyway good to see you expanding your horizons.:yup:

I believe it, I'd do the same thing :histeric: Yeah I know...I should check out the other sections more often :D

Ziplicon Tuesday
06-08-06, 08:22 PM
The exact opposite happened to me - I ended up in the lounge unsuspectingly and it was a much different place....matter of fact Little B was in there at the time. Her showing up here is a welcome upgrade from where I'm sittin'...Fine looking CTS too.

obzidian
06-08-06, 11:50 PM
yep, i got caught up in lounge by accident and was addicted to this one specific thread..

Now, i wish i can remember the title but it was something like "How is (insert name of some person) its like a zillion pages..

anyways, that is the first time i saw B'z ride...

I get a lot of "Your caddy has a manual trans? And you Bought it purposely with a stick?" Funny, my DD has a stick while my track/street asphault-melting camaro has an auto...

LittleB
06-09-06, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the ride :D I know I am ALL OVER the Lounge hahahaha, can't miss me there :thumbsup: I am on all day while I am at work posting away :sneaky: :lildevil:

rand49er
06-09-06, 08:12 AM
I was out to dinner last night with one of my clients and her husband and we got on the subject of cars (I fall into that trap a lot :rolleyes: ). I mentioned that I bought a stick shift because my wife doesn't drive stick and I wanted it to be "my" car. I didn't tell them it was a Caddy. My client's husband said "Yah...it's like 'how did you get that stick into a Cadillac anyway'". The implication was that Cadillac would never build a car with a stick. You can't possibly imagine the look on his face when I said "As a matter of fact it is a Cadillac".

In the immortal words of MasterCard "Priceless"A reverse kind of thing happened when I first went to the dealer to look at a CTS to buy. My wife and I walked into the showroom, the salesman approached asking, "Hi. Can I help you?" I pointed out to the V sitting in the lot and said, "Now THAT'S the car I want!" At which point he said, "That's a stick shift," thinking that I didn't know and wouldn't want it because of that. Little did he know. :thepan: