: Chrome OEM wheel guys, come hither.

Kadonny
06-07-06, 10:49 AM
Please :D

Where did you get them and how much?

Who was the company on ebay doing the core swap? Did anyone go this route and were you satisfied?

Thanks so much!

Oh, pics are always nice too ;)

50 4Ever
06-07-06, 12:58 PM
I got mine from a guy that had the dealer send his off to get chromed then sold his V before he had them installed. see this thread (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum/76296-chrome-oems-another-redline.html) for pictures.

The place that does the exchange program is www.oemrims.com (http://www.oemrims.com/), Call them for pricing and to get on the waitlist. I think the exchange price is less than $700.

Davidstan
06-07-06, 01:33 PM
Until i bought the V i have never really cared for the OEM wheels on any car. About the only thing i would do is chrome the V ones i think. The chromed ones i've seen on this site look great imo. I think caddy did us right on the wheels.

TampaV
06-07-06, 02:07 PM
Kadonny,

E-mail this guy. damiang@adelphia.net I bought a brand new UUC shifter from him because he had it from a group buy and then traded the V for a new C6 Z06 Corvette. When I did the deal with him for the shifter he tried to talk me into buying a set of chromed stock wheels he had just had done. The pictures of the the wheels look great. He had them chromed and never put tires on them because he traded the car in before he had a chance. The guy's name is Damian Grabowski and he's real easy to deal with. Tell him Steve Landstra (TampaV) sent you his way. I'm sure you'll be happy with the price you agree to.

TampaV
06-07-06, 02:11 PM
Oops, I think 50 4Ever already bought them from Damian. Is that who you bought them from for your Redline? Now I'm not sure. First 50 4Ever says he bought them from a Forum Member who traded his car, but under the next picture he says he bought them from an Ebay seller (Cardio Doc) I have purchased wheels from Cardio Doc in the past for my Ex-wife's CTS. Cardio Doc is not Damian Garbowski, so maybe Damian still has his set. E-mail him to see.

50 4Ever
06-07-06, 03:36 PM
Oops, I think 50 4Ever already bought them from Damian. Is that who you bought them from for your Redline? Now I'm not sure. First 50 4Ever says he bought them from a Forum Member who traded his car, but under the next picture he says he bought them from an Ebay seller (Cardio Doc) I have purchased wheels from Cardio Doc in the past for my Ex-wife's CTS. Cardio Doc is not Damian Garbowski, so maybe Damian still has his set. E-mail him to see.

I did get the wheels from Damian. I bought the centercaps on eBay from cardio-doc. The stock centercaps did not look "outstanding" with the chrome wheels. The centercaps I bought were chrome with a gold raised wreath and cadillac emblem. These caps look outstanding with the wheels.

:thumbsup:

Kadonny
06-07-06, 03:47 PM
Thanks Steve, sounds like I just missed em.

I know there are some more users here that did the chrome rim swap. The price listed on ebay is 600, thats pretty reasonalbe but you also have $ 100 shipping each way.

TampaV
06-07-06, 04:13 PM
Kadonny,

What are you doing on Saturday, June 17th? I'll be up in the Philly area, arriving Thursday night. I'm going to be at an SCCA PDX (Performance Driving Experience) at Pocono raceway on Friday and Saturday, June 16 and 17. My SCCA Solo Co-Driver (Frank Gonzalez) and I will be running our 2002 yellow C5 Z06 and Frank's new yellow C6 Z06 at the track both days for a total of 8 - 20 minute track sessions. Both cars are being prepped right now by Joe Aquilante over at Phoenix Performance for the event.

It would be great if you wanted to come up to Pocono to hang out and watch some of the track action. I would suggest you enter too, but I think you should get some miles on that new engine before you flog it around the track at 150mph.

Let me know if you can make it and I'll give you more details.

Kadonny
06-07-06, 05:15 PM
Sounds cool Steve, but I think thats fathers day weekend if I am correct. I think we planned on going to the shore that weekend, but I'll check.

Sounds like a ripping good time, what do they have to do to prep them? Should I stop by and check them out?

So is it a competition or just a free run? I would love to do it in the future.

Hey, if you talk to Joe, tell him a guy named Keith (me) will be calling him soon to see if he wants to hold a V dyno day, it seems like I have a lot of interest in the area, maybe 6 cars or so.

TampaV
06-07-06, 05:41 PM
Keith,

The C5 Z06 is pretty well set up. We just had Joe's guys change the diff. fluid, trans. fluid, brake fluid and check all the wheel hubs and bearings. We're putting a set of Hawk DTC-70 race pads on the car and we have a new set of Kumho 710 slicks.

On Frank's new C6 Z06 he is having racing harnesses put in and AP 500 brake fluid put in. He ordered a second set of stock wheels and a new set of R6 Hoosier slicks are going on those. The car will be aligned for the track.

We have a couple of sets of brake rotors that we may put on at the track if we see any cracking developing from the high heat the rotors see.

That's about it. Joe will have the C6 done for pick up on Saturday and the C5 is already in our trailer.

I'll tell joe to expect a call from you on the dyno day.

CVP33
06-07-06, 06:06 PM
Sorry guys because this is WAY OFF topic, but I had to come see what kind of thread got generated with:

"COME HITHER"

Where the hell is WW, Florian and Dannypoostang?

LittleB
06-07-06, 06:41 PM
Sorry guys because this is WAY OFF topic, but I had to come see what kind of thread got generated with:

"COME HITHER"

It got your attention :p

dqw1
06-07-06, 06:52 PM
Little B, you'd better watch out hanging around in the V forum. The next thing you know you'll start thinking about what is this V is all about. That's how I ended up trading up my CTS for a V. You've been warned.:thumbsup:
Back on topic, I get my stock chromers on Friday.:worship:

LittleB
06-07-06, 06:59 PM
Little B, you'd better watch out hanging around in the V forum. The next thing you know you'll start thinking about what is this V is all about. That's how I ended up trading up my CTS for a V. You've been warned.:thumbsup:
Back on topic, I get my stock chromers on Friday.:worship:

HAHAHAHA I am not afraid of that though...why you ask? BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD ONE :D Of course I want one...just can't get one. I came to terms with that a while back.

dqw1
06-07-06, 07:06 PM
I hear ya, it's nice to see a woman that appreciates nice rides (CTS or a V). We might see you in a V one day. Driving, not riding.

LittleB
06-07-06, 07:12 PM
I hear ya, it's nice to see a woman that appreciates nice rides (CTS or a V). We might see you in a V one day. Driving, not riding.

Yeah I LOVE cars :thumbsup: I modded the hell out of my last one (never doing that again :rolleyes: well at least not to that extent). Yes maybe someday I will upgrade to a V...I can hope :bouncy:

Kadonny
06-08-06, 08:26 AM

"COME HITHER"

Ahahahahahaha. I was hoping to get some responses on that :stirpot:

And thanks Steve, good luck in Pocono!