: Any interest in stock '95 FWB wheels and/or a great set of Michelins?

caddycruiser
06-06-06, 11:00 PM
Always changing my mind when it comes to car plans, but once again am considering a new wheel and tire combo.

I know these stock Fleetwood Brougham machined rims aren't in insane demand, but they're great looking, and would be nice on any B or D body.

Mine in particular have no scratches or curb rash--just some typical baked on brake schmutz in the holes that would probably come out with some thorough cleaning--and all the center caps.

These are also mounted on a set of TERRIFIC, and now discontinued, Michelin X-One blackwall tires that have been on the car for a few years, but are still at about 65% tread (insane treadwear rating of 700) and perform flawlessly.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/My%20Fleetwood%20April%202006/General%20Car/DSCF0240.jpg

But since I'm considering a new wheel/tire combo, I wouldn't really need either of these, and thought I'd gauge for any possible interest in either/both and what they might go for--assuming not a lot, but any ideas are welcome.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-07-06, 12:56 AM
I have some 16" Yokohama tires that would fit on this car. They were off my Roadmaster. They also have some black ugly rims that go with them.

I know I have a pic...lemme find it.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/9/web/753000-753999/753753_48_full.jpg

Those tires are amazing! I could not repeat COULD NOT get them to spin at all! No matter how much gas I gave it from a stop...nothing. More than 70% tread left too.

scurling
06-07-06, 02:47 PM
I've been looking for a while myself for the chrome std. wheels. I currently have the machined also. The chrome units are always higher in price. I've seen $450. which is too much for me right now. THe machined rims seem to be around $250. range. The main web page has some ads with wheel dealers. I checked the site www.wheeltechnologies.com. They are showing $150 for the machined and $325 for the chrome rims.

I've decided to get some aftermarket units. I would probably get the Impalla factory rims if I could find out how to get the Cadillac crest center caps, but those who have them are quiet about how they were acquired.

BCs71
06-07-06, 03:38 PM
I would probably get the Impalla factory rims if I could find out how to get the Cadillac crest center caps, but those who have them are quiet about how they were acquired.

I could be wrong, but I think guys just put a Caddy decal over the stock Impala cap.....
Here is a link I just got yesterday that is a fair sounding deal for chromed Impala wheels..... no affiliation with seller: click for link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Impala-SS-17x8-5-5x5-Chrome-Wheels-Rims_W0QQitemZ8068926498QQcategoryZ43957QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Some guys have used center caps from a Deville, not sure what year, I think 2000-ish??? They are a direct fit and molded with caddy crest in it.

**** According to Revoh's cardomain page, they are 2001 Deville caps:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542531

N0DIH
06-07-06, 04:22 PM
Anyone ever try to polish the stock wheels to mirror finish?

On Impala SS wheels, GM is the place to go. $585 or so for a set of 4 NEW rims direct from GM. Contact Dal for more info. I checked about 6-8 months ago, still available.

caddycruiser
06-07-06, 10:33 PM
Yep, SS's are what I'm looking into--and chrome ones for some added flash. There's a TON of aftermarket choices that would look great on the car, but I still keep falling back to the "safe" choice of the SS's because 1) they look great, and 2) they're geuine GM parts so everything is still OEM, with correct offsets and proper construction.

Still like the stock look a lot too, and the tire's are almost too nice to get rid of, but I can't help but think how something new would make it hotter...

scurling
06-07-06, 11:03 PM
Your ride looks great...what I can see of it. I think the chrome SS would be a great added touch. I'm still holding out for a set of chrome something, but will probably go old school aftermarket.

brougham
06-07-06, 11:15 PM
Just keep them. Someday you might want to use them again and at least then you would already have them.

Theres at least 1 post here that says what centre caps you need for the Impala rims. Do a search for it and it will be in one of the old posts.

J.P. Farr
06-09-06, 05:16 PM
Yes. How much do you want for the four rims?

Rick186
06-09-06, 05:41 PM
I gotta throw in my $0.02 and also add like Tom did, above:

Has anybody polished out the stock aluminum wheels to a mirror finish?

brougham_geezer
06-09-06, 08:24 PM
If you're gettin' rid of those Cad. rims, may I suggest Cragar S/S? The completely original old-school style ones

Nothing beats that classic American muscle brand in performance and heritage. I had a set on my '85 Parisienne for 3 summers, and they looked incredible. How flashy they are! I retired the set and two extra's to the basement this summer as I found and restored some factory-correct Pontiac Rallye II's. They look neat, but those Cragar's attract a lot of attention from everyone, and respect from those in the know.

I *think* that you can buy the style I'm talking about still, although mine were from the '80s I think. I know you enjoy the newer look anyway, so why not pick up a different, updated looking set for your car caddycruiser. I know Cragar has a wide selection of high quality wheels. They're sensational rims.

When I joined this forum, someone told me my Cragars wouldn't go on the Cadillac because it has a different bolt pattern from the Pontiac. Regardless if that's true or not, it wouldn't matter. The Cragars have slotted holes and a different sort of lug nut, letting them fit any Mopar, Ford, Chevy or GM as long as it's 5 bolt. So I might put my set on the '89 after all. It's just when I sat them in front of the tires to get an idea, it looked a little too hotrod/flashy for my personal taste of Cadillac. But they might be just the ticket for you caddycruiser!

caddycruiser
06-09-06, 09:55 PM
Yes. How much do you want for the four rims?

Um, how'd about $200 for (4) rims sound, plus shipping? Shipping for just wheels isn't too bad, but I'd work with you a bit to get a fair final, all-inclusive price.

Email me at dkrucelyak@hotmail.com if you're interested, or with a counteroffer...or more info, like your zip, so I could figure out a better idea of shipping cost.

Anyone who might want the tires?

I really have come upon a nice deal for a new wheel/tire set, so I'm motivated and very interested in selling the current setup--as nice as it is.

Destroyer
06-09-06, 10:19 PM
I could be wrong, but I think guys just put a Caddy decal over the stock Impala cap.....
Here is a link I just got yesterday that is a fair sounding deal for chromed Impala wheels..... no affiliation with seller: click for link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy-Impala-SS-17x8-5-5x5-Chrome-Wheels-Rims_W0QQitemZ8068926498QQcategoryZ43957QQssPageNa meZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Some guys have used center caps from a Deville, not sure what year, I think 2000-ish??? They are a direct fit and molded with caddy crest in it.

**** According to Revoh's cardomain page, they are 2001 Deville caps:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/542531
I just put Caddy centercaps on my Impala SS wheels. I used the existing SS center cap but put a Caddy emblem stick on in the middle. I paid $25 for the stick on centercaps from ebay and they came off a new(er) CTS. Its a silver 3D cap with the Cadillac crest. I did have to modify them slightly to fit (shaved off a little bit with my dremel) but they look amazing. I paid $499 for wheels plus the shipping. :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-09-06, 10:35 PM
Open to all offers on either or both together, and I'll snap a couple more close-up pics tomorrow, of each, as well.

Email me at dkrucelyak@hotmail.com , and include your zip, if you'd like me to get a general shipping quote as well.

96Fleetwood
06-10-06, 04:14 PM
Derek,
sent you a email offer about the tires:thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-10-06, 04:47 PM
Yep, I got back to you and will definately think about it.

Any other interest here, in either the wheels or the tires??

caddycruiser
06-10-06, 09:58 PM
This is now a definate "For Sale" thread;)

P235/70R15 blackwalls, T-rated (118 mph), and 700 treadwear rating--lots of tread left.

I just washed the car tonight, and am taking some better up-close shots of both the tires and the wheels tomorrow morning.

Post, PM, or email if you're interested in either the tires or the wheels (or both together), shoot me an offer, and I'll work with you:)

caddycruiser
06-11-06, 01:03 PM
Bump...VERY motivated, to sell either tires or wheels separately, or just make it a set and sell them together.

New pics are on the way, but for now, I'll say this for prices:

Tires: $150
Wheels: $200

Then shipping would be whatever it comes to, but I'll gladly work with you on the final total/getting the best shipping rate.

And yes, this should be in the classifieds section sometime soon...

caddycruiser
06-11-06, 05:18 PM
Tires now sold to Elias:thumbsup:

Now, anyone need a set of (4) great wheels for their base model Fleetwood, a spare set, a transplant on a Caprice/Roadie, etc?

They look great, and I'm in the process of uploading a bunch of new (today) pics of the wheels right now...

caddycruiser
06-11-06, 11:02 PM
Okay, here's all the new pics from today:

http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/95%20Fleetwood%20Wheels/?start=0

Like I've said, tires are spoken for, but wheels could use a loving new home:)

caddycruiser
06-12-06, 06:38 PM
Bump. Wheels still for sale, at $200 for the set, and just so you know--shipping is generally around $60-70 (and maybe less if you're closer). Could also do a pick-up, if you're ever in or around the area.

The new pics (post ^^), showcase them very well--and I'm still open to good offers.

Great, CHEAP, way to update an older Brougham too:thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-12-06, 07:02 PM
Any interest in my Yokohamas at all?

N0DIH
06-12-06, 07:04 PM
Boy, if I had half a brain, I would have looked at picking them up from you. We just bought a Suburban in Salisbury, MD.... Could have taken them home, or delivered to someone on the drive home....

Oh well.

I have seen these wheels on a 91-92 Brougham, they look good.

96Fleetwood
06-12-06, 08:05 PM
Here is how these wheels look like on a Brougham:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/371000-371999/371039_10_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/371000-371999/371039_8_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/371000-371999/371039_11_full.jpg

Someone pick these up, they will look great! :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-12-06, 09:33 PM
Yes, THANK YOU guys so much for the encouragement:thumbsup:

I know these aren't really that hard to find, but I'm selling them cheap, and most of you have known me on various boards for years, so that gets me a few brownie points.

The new combo will be on its way soon, though...full details not to come until everything is on and complete:)

96Fleetwood
06-12-06, 09:45 PM
The new combo will be on its way soon, though...full details not to come until everything is on and complete:)

:thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-12-06, 10:49 PM
Elias knows the story (and was the BIGGEST help in the world with it all:thumbsup: ), but everyone else will just have to wait and drool--probably the middle next week:cool2:

In the meantime, online surfing around for a unique center cap idea...

And, oh yeah, anyone want the Brougham rims:) :) ?

DPGC23
06-13-06, 01:26 AM
Mannn, I Neeed Some Caddy 94 Rims,

I Dont Want Aftermarket Rims, I Want A Caddy Rim Dammit!!!

Dpgc23

caddycruiser
06-13-06, 06:30 AM
Mannn, I Neeed Some Caddy 94 Rims,

I Dont Want Aftermarket Rims, I Want A Caddy Rim Dammit!!!

Dpgc23

How about mine? They're the same wheel that was used on all Brougham models from '93-96, and I'm selling them pretty cheap.

Email me at dkrucelyak@hotmail.com if you're interested--I can ship, too, no problem.

DPGC23
06-13-06, 10:57 AM
^^ Actually I Have Thos Same Rims, Missin One Center Cap Tho,
Ur Rims R In Perfect Condition Tho, Or Thas How They Seem.

Mine Arent That "pretty" Haha

Actually I Havent Used My Rims In About 2 Yrs, They Still Sitting, Resting

Dpgc23

Destroyer
06-13-06, 11:42 AM
Elias knows the story (and was the BIGGEST help in the world with it all:thumbsup: ), but everyone else will just have to wait and drool--probably the middle next week:cool2:

In the meantime, online surfing around for a unique center cap idea...

And, oh yeah, anyone want the Brougham rims:) :) ?He helped me out too.:thumbsup: If you got the SS wheels I'll take a pic of the Caddy centercaps I bought from ebay. Cool thing about them is that its a 3D stick on and its 1/8" thick. The stock stick on was recessed into the centercap and these sit flush with the centercap. :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-13-06, 01:22 PM
He helped me out too.:thumbsup: If you got the SS wheels I'll take a pic of the Caddy centercaps I bought from ebay. Cool thing about them is that its a 3D stick on and its 1/8" thick. The stock stick on was recessed into the centercap and these sit flush with the centercap. :thumbsup:

Are they silver, with the "new" Caddy logo and said to be off a CTS?

I was just looking at those on Ebay and thought they might be a good route to go. I still thought I wanted flatter Deville caps with the logo already on them, like some have done with the machined versions, but Elias's look terrific with the custom protruding SS center and my brother even told me that it would look better with that same center--just a new Cadillac middle piece.

Still thinking about it...but you might help sway me the way of those little stock-on's more. The price is certainly nicer...especially after I splurged on these new wheels and tires just now...:rolleyes:

caddycruiser
06-13-06, 11:42 PM
Just got a set of the CTS ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-LOGO-OE-EMBLEMS-STICKER-ACRYLIC-LENS-SET-OF-4_W0QQitemZ8074959559QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33643QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Not the Deville caps I was planning on, but I might end up doing those later--just couldn't decide on the right ones, or the price yet.

These little stick-ons should be nice, and I can keep the SS centers.

caddycruiser
06-13-06, 11:45 PM
Oh, and the stock Brougham wheels still need a loving home...:)

Destroyer
06-14-06, 12:04 AM
Just got a set of the CTS ones:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADILLAC-LOGO-OE-EMBLEMS-STICKER-ACRYLIC-LENS-SET-OF-4_W0QQitemZ8074959559QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33643QQrdZ 1QQcmdZViewItem

Not the Deville caps I was planning on, but I might end up doing those later--just couldn't decide on the right ones, or the price yet.

These little stick-ons should be nice, and I can keep the SS centers.
Those are the exact ones I bought except I paid $25. They will need a little trimming though. I used a dremel to shave them down to size. Only took a few minutes but had to be done.

caddycruiser
06-14-06, 07:15 AM
Yep, there was a different auction that had them for $25, but I missed it by a few seconds--so I just bought these.

My wheels will be chrome, so they'll look a little different than yours, I would think, but hopefully I'll like it.

And, like I said, might still do a Deville cap combo later on...have to wait and see what I like.

caddycruiser
06-18-06, 09:47 PM
Wheel plans have changed a bit, but regardless, my new SS's & tires will be here this week.

I need to sell these Fleetwood wheels--anyone have an offer? Email at dkrucelyak@hotmail.com

Destroyer
06-19-06, 09:39 AM
Wheel plans have changed a bit, but regardless, my new SS's & tires will be here this week.

I need to sell these Fleetwood wheels--anyone have an offer? Email at dkrucelyak@hotmail.comI'm surprised nobody with an older FWB jumped on those wheels yet. Could always put them on ebay.

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 01:35 PM
Yeah, that's a possibility. I was just starting to do some local ones and did Craigslist as well.

On another note, I'll start a new thread soon about what happened with my "wheel situation", but here's the quick version. I purchased a set of chromed SS's (like Elias's) with lightly used Kumho's on them, from a guy in CA. The night before he was going to ship them, the car they were still on was stolen and is still currently MIA.

That said, I'd still give my right arm for a set of the chromes, but ended up then going the "typical route" and bought a set of stock machined OEM SS's yesterday, from a guy over on the SS board. They were only on his car for a few days--bought new--and have new Nitto 275-50-17 tires on them...HUGE:thumbsup:

So, hopefully in a few days, I'll have the new monster meats and sporty SS's on. Still trying to decide about the center cap, as these have the stock SS center already--and I have those CTS centerpieces I just got, but also just bought a set of the flat '03+ Deville center caps last night.

Will try them both once I get the wheels, and see what I like better....boy is Mastercard going to love me this month:rolleyes:

Did you happen to get those pics of your car and the SS's with those CTS caps on them yet? I'm very interested in seeing them...

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 01:37 PM
And, as before, another bump for the '95 Brougham wheels for sale:)

BCs71
06-19-06, 02:44 PM
, They were only on his car for a few days--bought new--and have new Nitto 275-50-17 tires on them...HUGE:thumbsup:

Wow, hope they fit under the skirts in the rear. 255s fit with some modifications to the skirt handle, not sure what 20mm more will do to that scenario.

Post pics when on! :)

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 03:27 PM
I've been told by a few people that they will, but I'll wait and see in person.

Don't think it will be an issue, but time to start wacking at the skirts tonight in anticipation.

Still a little miffed about not getting a chrome set, but the more I think about it, I think I'll like the stock machined SS's better in the end. And the tires should definately be AWESOME...

Revoh
06-19-06, 03:34 PM
My tires are not particularly wide (255/55), and even though I have cut my skirts down quite a bit and bent the handles in, you can hardly squeeze a pinky finger between the skirt and the tire. Hopefully it will work, but you're really going to have to hack the heck out of them.

Destroyer
06-19-06, 06:06 PM
I'm running 255/50/17's on my 91 FWB with out any issues, they definately should go on your newer one without any mods.

Destroyer
06-19-06, 06:08 PM
I've been told by a few people that they will, but I'll wait and see in person.

Don't think it will be an issue, but time to start wacking at the skirts tonight in anticipation.

Still a little miffed about not getting a chrome set, but the more I think about it, I think I'll like the stock machined SS's better in the end. And the tires should definately be AWESOME...
You know, I didn't want to say anything about the chromies cause you were getting them but the machined look really does look better IMO. Dont think you will even think about the chrome ones after you put them on.

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 08:33 PM
You know, I didn't want to say anything about the chromies cause you were getting them but the machined look really does look better IMO. Dont think you will even think about the chrome ones after you put them on.

True, and the guy I bought them from is really stand-up and had them for his Caprice 9C1--which he had TOTALLY re-done, but then sold it and the buyer wanted the original steel wheels instead.

I know it'll be a tight fit with the 275's, but not a huge problem.

Did you ever get those pics of yours with those CTS center pieces?

Here's a couple pics of them, sent to me by the seller:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/2a.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/4a.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/7a.jpg

The centers will, of course, be changing, but you get the idea...as common a swap as it may already be:rolleyes:

But soon, like this (if I use these centers, which I likely will...maybe...):

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/marblet56a.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/caddycruiser/marblet56b.jpg

caddycruiser
06-19-06, 10:31 PM
Bump...new wheels coming shortly (yay!)...$200 is a blowout bargain for such nice wheels...

Destroyer
06-20-06, 07:40 PM
Bump...new wheels coming shortly (yay!)...$200 is a blowout bargain for such nice wheels...Damn, thats a lot of tire on those wheels bro. A 275 really should have a 9inch wheel minimum. I'm pretty confident those 275's would not clear my car, I hope they do yours. :alchi:

96Fleetwood
06-20-06, 07:57 PM
The 275/50/17 is rated for a 8.5 inch rim.. just like the SS wheels.

The section width of the 275 Nitto is 10.7 versus the 10.4 inches of my 255 BFG's. As long as they fit under the fenders without the fender skirt, you can always modify the fenderskirt accordingly. :thumbsup:

Destroyer
06-20-06, 10:45 PM
The 275/50/17 is rated for a 8.5 inch rim.. just like the SS wheels.

The section width of the 275 Nitto is 10.7 versus the 10.4 inches of my 255 BFG's. As long as they fit under the fenders without the fender skirt, you can always modify the fenderskirt accordingly. :thumbsup:Yeah, you are right. I just checked with tire size calculator and it requires a 7.5-9.5" wheel. I was punching up 275's with lower profiles when I got the 9.0" minimum. Its all good. :thumbsup:

caddycruiser
06-20-06, 10:52 PM
Wide, definately, but that's a good thing...just a some trimming and bending, and I should be set:thumbsup:

They're coming tomorrow...:bouncy: ...now, about telling someone at home about what the big heavy things showing up tomorrow are...:rolleyes:

caddycruiser
06-23-06, 08:32 AM
Wheels are SOLD , via Ebay. Thanks for the interest!

I will be starting a new thread sometime, as well, about the new wheels.

96Fleetwood
06-25-06, 01:39 PM
Hmm, maybe I should sell mine on eBay with a BIN price too :thumbsup:

Post those pics with the SS wheels! The car looks mighty sexy with them on.