: 93 Fleetwood Gas Door latch lock...

easymoney$$$$
06-06-06, 02:46 AM
My 1993 Fleetwood license plate GAS DOOR LATCH does not lock. The electric and manual switch go back and forth BUT the door does not lock. I really want to get this fixed. Any help is appreciated. thanks easymoney$$$$ :confused:

scurling
06-07-06, 02:09 PM
Look in side the lock hole (for lack of a better term) to see if the latch is actulally moving to the right upon locking. Also, the post on the license plate may not be seating all the way in the hole.

Have you modified the license place holder at all? I put a plate frame on once that changed the way the holder seated.

scurling
06-07-06, 08:24 PM
easymoney:

Sorry, but I'm assuming the '93 is similar to the '94, with the arrow-head post on the back of the plate holder.....oops, I'm given our secret away. Darn, now everyone's going to be stealing my gas.

One other thought, getting back to basics, you could remove the post and manually actuate the locking mechanism. Having the plate holder out of the way might give you a better view of what is actually taking place.

Try a little lubrication of the throw mechanism to ensure it's moving through it's full range of motion.

easymoney$$$$
06-07-06, 10:38 PM
Look in side the lock hole (for lack of a better term) to see if the latch is actulally moving to the right upon locking. Also, the post on the license plate may not be seating all the way in the hole.

Have you modified the license place holder at all? I put a plate frame on once that changed the way the holder seated.
.......Hi scurling, I can see the latch moving to the right when it locks and the license plate post is screwed all the way in towards the lock. I am the second owner and think the first owner might have made it not lock somehow. What I need to do is find another car and compare what I see. thanks for the advice. easymoney$$$$