: NAV tracking breadcrumb color...

MWD
06-05-06, 07:37 PM
So, I was over in Sacramento for a conference with the wife, and stopped for dinner at the Firehouse. I turned on tracking, and made a mental note of the mileage, before dropping the car at the valet.

Getting the car back, I hit the NAV button to check, and there are quite a few breadcrumbs disbursed around on different streets, but it appears that most of them are flat orange dots, maybe a little different than the 3-dimensional grey dots I typically see. Am I paranoid thinking these orange dots are breadcrumbs? I don't recall seeing them before... The dots seem too spread out, without a plausible path per se.

My recollection of the mileage seems to show about 20 extra miles.

Sorry for the poor cell phone pics...

Michael

http://michaelwdavis.com/ctsv/navtrack1.jpg
http://michaelwdavis.com/ctsv/navtrack2.jpg

nikon
06-05-06, 08:04 PM
notice how where every dot is there is a name above, or below it? thats just the identifier for which words point to which road, I though they were red, but I dont remember.

actually they are red, for the red streets and I think it's also because you have your headlights on, puts the unit into "dark" mode.

oh and you let the valet keep your keys??? I stand and wait, watch them park the car and raise hell if I cant hold on to my keys, I usually win.

Imperator
06-06-06, 12:04 AM
Hell, after watching Rico Suave try to back my V into a front-row spot at the local watering hole (with umpteen-million :alchi: witnesses), I'll make a point to park the car myself AND keep the keys. The valet guys always :bigroll: or get confused by my demands, but I'm still paying for the parking spot. My clutch thanks me too... it doesn't need to be held at half-engagement @ 3500 RPM to get into a spot. :rant2:

dqw1
06-06-06, 08:27 AM
I never let any valet park my car, period! Some folks don't know to act with a customers car.

Jon
06-06-06, 02:22 PM
I won't let ANYONE drive it. Even when I got my tires balanced I had to drive it into the garage myself.

NH Vrod
06-06-06, 02:37 PM
Same here, The only time some drives my car is if I am in the passengers seat and even then I usauly drive then crazy being a back seat driver.

ahahnu
06-06-06, 03:19 PM
Now that I don't work in NYC anymore I never let any one butthe people at the dealer drive the car. When I worked in the city, I would go to the same garage all the time, deal with the same few guys tipped them all everytime, and they still scratched every rim. I found screw marks in the rear bumper from the backing it upnto another car or vice versa. The little marks you are worried about are street names showing you the corresponding line. Next time you are unsure, change the view and see if its different (on the nav).

MWD
06-06-06, 06:15 PM
notice how where every dot is there is a name above, or below it? thats just the identifier for which words point to which road, I though they were red, but I dont remember.

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks. I think I first looked at it and saw the pic with 3 dots evenly space on I-80, and I jumped to conclusions. I don't drive it frequently at night, and certainly not with the NAV, and the dots really stand out on the night screen.

Michael