06-05-06, 08:30 PM
oh man!

Staxxin
06-05-06, 09:03 PM
You guys are working on a rear?

Drift-caddy
06-05-06, 09:09 PM
You guys are working on a rear?

No. not now just your car. :thumbsup: lol HAHAH. Have worked on many projects. ANything you want done we can do it.

Staxxin
06-05-06, 09:19 PM
No. not know just your car. :thumbsup: lol HAHAH. Have worked on many projects. ANything you want done we can do it.

Good to know :worship: ...

StealthV
06-05-06, 09:25 PM
Show us the other side of that new Getrag...and a shot from the rear too... :)

Drift-caddy
06-05-06, 09:42 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/driftcaddy/vrear1.jpg

StealthV
06-05-06, 09:50 PM
We need the part number off the other, other side. :D

Enough teasing, spill the rest of the beans.

Drift-caddy
06-05-06, 10:19 PM
We need the part number off the other, other side. :D

Enough teasing, spill the rest of the beans.

oh im not a vendor so i cant sell anything on here, so no part number, lol

besides that would be to easy and way to quick. Well have the rear out and

and apart now. Going to see how they look. Hmmm Drag Radials and 5k=:alchi:

StealthV
06-05-06, 10:51 PM
Telling us the GM part number isn't the same as pimping your own stuff.

Since this isn't an aftermarket rear, we'll all find out soon enough anyhow. :sneaky:

heavymetals
06-05-06, 10:54 PM
oh im not a vendor so i cant sell anything on here, so no part number, lol

besides that would be to easy and way to quick. Well have the rear out and

and apart now. Going to see how they look. Hmmm Drag Radials and 5k=:alchi:
You have the soul of a drug dealer

wildwhl
06-05-06, 10:56 PM
I just can't stand a tease.

WW

(p.s. - Heavy, drug dealers and drift drivers have no soul - so you are correct, sir)

StealthV
06-05-06, 10:59 PM
Dealer, drifter - synonymous? :alchi:

wildwhl
06-05-06, 11:00 PM
Indeed...mrSTV

WW

StealthV
06-05-06, 11:02 PM
Heavy, here's your new mission. See that sheetmetal welded to the frame that meets up to the new front pinion supports? We need about 9000 of them fabbed up for the retrofit kit

The sweaky wheel got the grease. Sort of. :banghead:

StealthV
06-05-06, 11:05 PM
Where's my plasma cutter? Zip - off with the old brackets. On with the new.

wildwhl
06-05-06, 11:06 PM
Get off your arse, Heavy...we'll drink beer and watch with cash in hand.

WW

Digging now on the diff pictures...but I've done this before and haven't made any progress...Stealth....Stealth....StealthV? Jumping to conclusions...but if this a GM release, they owe us - all of us...right now.

DILLIGAF
06-05-06, 11:08 PM
Sweet,more options for us.

Drift-caddy
06-05-06, 11:30 PM
Telling us the GM part number isn't the same as pimping your own stuff.

Since this isn't an aftermarket rear, we'll all find out soon enough anyhow. :sneaky:

Well yes it is a kinda sorta Gm rear. But i need some more testing before i say anything. Going to take it apart tomm and see what it looks like inside, did some practice with it and is ok. Same size ring and pinion so dont think it will help any. Need to see what it will take to break it and then see see how to make it better.

StealthV
06-05-06, 11:33 PM
The shot peened ring and pinion gears are fine in our Vs. It's the aluminum surrounding them that is the problem.

Does this vehicle happen to have a turbo? :)

heavymetals
06-05-06, 11:43 PM
The shot peened ring and pinion gears are fine in our Vs. It's the aluminum surrounding them that is the problem.

That is what I have been saying. :highfive:

Make a better housing, either out of cast iron or hog out a billet of aluminum, but make it beefier and maybe add some fluid cooler fittings. (If your gonna wish, wish BIG!).

Do it with a "core charge".

Drift-caddy
06-05-06, 11:43 PM

Does this vehicle happen to have a turbo? :)

Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! damit i need to let the dogs out, get out of my shop. :rant2: Stop sneaking in. Well i will be as honest here, well as honest as OJ Simpson here. When any mods that are done you have to give something up and i would say 99% of the people here do not want that. You want a true Turbo setup?? Say good bye to AC and to some metal under the hood. There is alot under the back of the V you can take off, but then its not 50state legal. You want a 9 inch rear. Well, lots there to have but exhaust is then Mustang style and side pipes, but can be made with nice pipes and can tuck it real tight so you cant see it. Oh yea cost lets try $7500.00. Have done 1 and is now sitting in UAE, the time to build was also long. Almost 1/2 year. As everything had to be hand made or Fab parts. Also remember the drift V. Well never broke a diff or anything in that car, but them again the stock rear can be made to support some more hp. Oh and dont buy a Used V with low miles from Moore any time soon. LOL

StealthV
06-06-06, 12:05 AM
Did you bolt up the drag radials and do a few hundred side-step the clutch launches from 5000 rpm yet? Get 'er done.

wildwhl
06-06-06, 12:14 AM
Now that I know there is a replacement for my (miata diff) I'm droppin' the hammer.

Please ship one ASAP Damian.

WW

Imperator
06-06-06, 12:42 AM
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!! damit i need to let the dogs out, get out of my shop. :rant2: Stop sneaking in. Well i will be as honest here, well as honest as OJ Simpson here. When any mods that are done you have to give something up and i would say 99% of the people here do not want that. You want a true Turbo setup?? Say good bye to AC and to some metal under the hood. There is alot under the back of the V you can take off, but then its not 50state legal. You want a 9 inch rear. Well, lots there to have but exhaust is then Mustang style and side pipes, but can be made with nice pipes and can tuck it real tight so you cant see it. Oh yea cost lets try $7500.00. Have done 1 and is now sitting in UAE, the time to build was also long. Almost 1/2 year. As everything had to be hand made or Fab parts. Also remember the drift V. Well never broke a diff or anything in that car, but them again the stock rear can be made to support some more hp. Oh and dont buy a Used V with low miles from Moore any time soon. LOL

LMAO!! Good stuff. I also think the stock rear can be made to support more power and I try to keep the drift-V in mind. I just need to reach a little deeper into the GM parts bin... I haven't completely figured yours out, but I have a couple ideas in mind. It's just that I don't feel like gutting two housings right now.

Imperator
06-06-06, 12:57 AM
Well yes it is a kinda sorta Gm rear. But i need some more testing before i say anything. Going to take it apart tomm and see what it looks like inside, did some practice with it and is ok. Same size ring and pinion so dont think it will help any. Need to see what it will take to break it and then see see how to make it better.

PS: Our guts are better (or so they say). Their pinion support looks better, but I'm thinking Arby's.

ctsvett
06-06-06, 06:15 AM
still looks to be an aluminium housing... Where is the cast iron?

Reed

lasstss
06-06-06, 08:54 AM
Hmm, I dont know what that is in, doesent look like a cts, its doesent have the V yoke. Its got the 6 banger yoke but the pinion bearing section looks beefier and that is the area of failure fore the current diff.

Ah yes... Its a Solstice diff.

StealthV
06-06-06, 01:05 PM
Damian - the turbo comment was directed towards the car the diff photos are from since it is a Solstice or Sky. A turbo V wasn't the expected answer but that's ok too. :)

The Vette's baby brother's Getrag diff GM part number is 15825073. Someone want to fund the $2k to test it out on my V? :D

Hokie99
06-19-06, 07:55 PM
Oh and dont buy a Used V with low miles from Moore any time soon. LOL

that sucks.. I had my eye on that one too... guess I'll keep searching