: Came close to trading the V

Texan V
06-05-06, 11:02 AM
Long story, but the jist of it is that I plan to get a boat soon. The wife said I couldn't pull it with her SUV cause she can't drive the V and I would have to get a truck.

Decided on a RAM SRT10. Drove one Saturday and while it was okay, I was not really impressed. Figured that this was the best I could do, and so with a heavy heart I detailed the V one last time yesterday with plans to take it to the Dodge delaer today. After getting her all cleaned up I realized that I couldn't do it. :nono:

After a long conversation, the wifey came around...and so now the driving lessons will begin. I can see it now, I'll be out fishing and the whole time I will be worried about how she's driving the V, where she's parking it, what she's letting our 2 yr old eat in the back seat etc. :suspense:

lasstss
06-05-06, 12:03 PM
Long story, but the jist of it is that I plan to get a boat soon. The wife said I couldn't pull it with her SUV cause she can't drive the V and I would have to get a truck.

Decided on a RAM SRT10. Drove one Saturday and while it was okay, I was not really impressed. Figured that this was the best I could do, and so with a heavy heart I detailed the V one last time yesterday with plans to take it to the Dodge delaer today. After getting her all cleaned up I realized that I couldn't do it. :nono:

After a long conversation, the wifey came around...and so now the driving lessons will begin. I can see it now, I'll be out fishing and the whole time I will be worried about how she's driving the V, where she's parking it, what she's letting our 2 yr old eat in the back seat etc. :suspense:

You will have to go Italian and get clear plastic seat covers for the back.!:thumbsup:

P-Funk
06-05-06, 12:23 PM
Came to your senses huh. For a while there you sounded kind of :cookoo:

Glad to hear you're keepin the V.:thumbsup:

Koooop
06-05-06, 02:10 PM
We can't pull a boat with the V! What a bummer, my wife won't drive an SUV, she loves her :vomit: Mini Van.

What can I do? I'm not getting rid of my Vette or My V, the Minivan can't tow a decent Ski Boat!

There is only one answer, car #4 is in order!

God Bless America!

Luna.
06-05-06, 02:12 PM
What a bummer, my wife won't drive an SUV, she loves her :vomit: Mini Van.

:histeric: :yeah: * 10!!!

VELOSE
06-05-06, 02:19 PM
Texan, just get another car for her. Something new/small or used/large she can take the kids in while your out boating. That way the V is not being mistreated. ;)

Dennisscars
06-06-06, 01:45 AM
OMG MAN?! A DODGE? Have you no shame??

:cookoo:

great avatar

heavymetals
06-06-06, 02:29 AM
Wait till the day comes when your kid tells you "mommy was doing burnouts!" :eek:

CIWS
06-06-06, 09:25 AM
There is only one answer, car #4 is in order!

God Bless America!

For a vehicle to tow a boat or trailer should be a pretty cheap lease these days. A guy I know just leased an 06 Ford extra cab truck with the V8 Triton, loaded, for 24 months. No money down, first payment made by the dealer, and payments are 229.00 with mileage allowance of 15K.
They must be having a really hard time selling the gas suckin trucks and SUVs ?

nikon
06-06-06, 04:46 PM
man you guys are going about this all wrong, you dont look for another car to tow a boat...you look for another house that can harbour your boat...I just got my boat lift in a month ago, luckily my dad drives an x5 so we can still yank it around if need be.... :D what kind of boat are you looking for anyways??

Kadonny
06-06-06, 05:14 PM
what kind of boat are you looking for anyways??

Thread hijack!!!!

Don't even tell me a Grady White or I'll cream my pants. I miss my Grady :helpless:

CIWS
06-06-06, 05:24 PM
I was in the Navy for 6 and on a ship for a little more than 4 years of that. The last damn thing I want to spend money or time on is a boat....
;)

Texan V
06-06-06, 10:32 PM
Yall are funny. I'm just looking to get a bay boat. I miss the Bay Stealth that I sold a few years ago. Right now I'm leaning towards this...

http://www.skeeterboats.com/product_pages/zxsaltboats/zx22bay.html

It perfect for down here in the bays and a little bit offshore on the calmer days.

A boat show is coming to town in another couple of weeks so I think I'll hold off until then.

DansCTSV
06-06-06, 11:03 PM
I will sell you this one for a good price :-)

http://home.comcast.net/~mako_232/

Kadonny
06-07-06, 08:05 AM
Yall are funny. I'm just looking to get a bay boat. I miss the Bay Stealth that I sold a few years ago. Right now I'm leaning towards this...

http://www.skeeterboats.com/product_pages/zxsaltboats/zx22bay.html

It perfect for down here in the bays and a little bit offshore on the calmer days.

A boat show is coming to town in another couple of weeks so I think I'll hold off until then.

Ah, I see, more of a flats boat. Thats cool, they are very versatile.

Mako huh, nice boat I always liked them. Looks to be in good shape, good luck with the sale. Some day I'll have a boat again........some day.