: Differences between Domestic STS & Euro STS

ascariSTS
06-05-06, 06:15 AM
Just for our knowledge and for those who are planning to buy one...

I'll state the ones I know... and please add to it whatever you know..

(talkin about fully loaded one)

Euro STS has:

1. Chrome taillights

2. all windows express up/down (one touch)... I think domestic has no express up for rear windows...

3. Rear fog lights

4. non-chrome 18" wheels

5. Electronic side mirrors folding..

6. Double-glass door windows... Is it also in domestic?

7. Xenon headlights... Is it also in domestic?

Domestic:

1. Chrome 18" wheels

2. Rear AC control... I don't think this is available in Euro version

for you to modify and add :)

soupero
06-05-06, 12:10 PM
Euro STS has:

1. Chrome taillights

2. all windows express up/down (one touch)... I think domestic has no express up for rear windows...

3. Rear fog lights

4. non-chrome 18" wheels
-3.6 standard 17" wheels,optional 18" wheels
-4.6 18" wheels (like the CTS-V)

8. navigation standard (or shouldn't I put this on the list??)

Domestic:

1. Chrome 18" wheels

what do you mean with rear AC control, I think thats the same
-we can choose the seat temperature and where the air blows: up,mid,down

Cajonkev
06-05-06, 12:38 PM
You may need to go through a few generations before you have a list that you can have made into a "sticky" or ask to have added to the current spec list.

There are also some differences between model years as well to confuse matters some more.

Example being:

2005 Domestic has "one-touch" express windows but does not have the close windows with FOB feature.

The 2006 Domestic has both features.

Xenon's are standard on both model years for the upper packages.

Not exactly sure what you meant by the "double glass" but both 05 & 06 domestics have Solar-Ray safety glass (all US safety glass is double sheeted with the adhesive layer in-between).

Nav is package based & al a carte so to do an "apples to apples" you might need to do a direct comparison between the top V6 packages (US versus Euro) and then another for the V8. You could list them by their respective codes "and" package names as some folks do not know where to look for 1SC, 1SG etc. etc.

And for the Euro list you can also add the rear seat center headrest.

Have fun!

ascariSTS
06-06-06, 06:13 AM
Euro STS has:

1. Chrome taillights

3. Rear fog lights

4. non-chrome 18" wheels
-3.6 standard 17" wheels,optional 18" wheels
-4.6 18" wheels (like the CTS-V)

8. navigation standard (or shouldn't I put this on the list??)

Domestic:

1. Chrome 18" wheels

what do you mean with rear AC control, I think thats the same
-we can choose the seat temperature and where the air blows: up,mid,down

I meant that rear area have seperate temperature and air flow settings... seperate from the front one...

Is it available in the Euro?... I checked the full package here (middle east), and it doesn't have...

2005 Domestic has "one-touch" express windows but does not have the close windows with FOB feature.

The 2006 Domestic has both features.

Yea but that's common... Also I heard that windows can be opened with FOB in 2005... I tried my 2006, it doesn't open... it only closes...

Not exactly sure what you meant by the "double glass" but both 05 & 06 domestics have Solar-Ray safety glass (all US safety glass is double sheeted with the adhesive layer in-between).

yea that's what I meant... we call it double glass here :)

Nav is package based & al a carte so to do an "apples to apples" you might need to do a direct comparison between the top V6 packages (US versus Euro) and then another for the V8. You could list them by their respective codes "and" package names as some folks do not know where to look for 1SC, 1SG etc. etc.

:eek: ... I dunno all packages and what they offer... I'm not talking about packages anyway... I'm talking about those 2 different models... considering all the available options...

Cajonkev
06-06-06, 12:48 PM
Yea but that's common... Also I heard that windows can be opened with FOB in 2005... I tried my 2006, it doesn't open... it only closes...

Your original post listed a question as to whether or not the 05 had the "express" feature all the way around.

I think domestic has no express up for rear windows.

At least on the domestic version you could never open any windows with the FOB on the 05 nor could you close them via FOB. Only the 06 (and assuming moving forward to the 07/beyond) has the FOB close feature.

yea that's what I meant... we call it double glass here :)

Here it is just called "safety" glass and is required by regulation on all vehicle sold in the U.S...:)

:eek: ... I dunno all packages and what they offer... I'm not talking about packages anyway... I'm talking about those 2 different models... considering all the available options...

Then what you are really comparing is the U.S. 1SG versus whatever the Euro equivalent package is plus any adds like AWD, ACC/HUD or Perf. Handling.

Otherwise it gets really convoluted as not all come with NAV or MRC etc. etc. etc....:thumbsup:

ascariSTS
06-10-06, 12:03 AM
Your original post listed a question as to whether or not the 05 had the "express" feature all the way around.

lol I didn't mention anything about 2005 year model :rolleyes:

At least on the domestic version you could never open any windows with the FOB on the 05 nor could you close them via FOB. Only the 06 (and assuming moving forward to the 07/beyond) has the FOB close feature.

same with Euro... I miss opening windows using FOB... :bigroll:

Here it is just called "safety" glass and is required by regulation on all vehicle sold in the U.S...:)

Then what you are really comparing is the U.S. 1SG versus whatever the Euro equivalent package is plus any adds like AWD, ACC/HUD or Perf. Handling.

Otherwise it gets really convoluted as not all come with NAV or MRC etc. etc. etc....:thumbsup:

Yea that's right... I don't want to compare packages anyway coz you can have those optional things with extra thousands... What I want to mention here is those options you can't have between domestic and Euro