: installed hawk hps brake pads

caddyv8v
06-04-06, 03:53 PM
install was a snap. pedal feel to me is the same as stock. brake dust is all but gone. if you are tired of cleaning your sts-v wheels, then this mod is for you. ordered them from the guys at lindsay cadillac. clay

IPEAVEY
08-04-06, 09:26 AM
On Those brake pads!! Are they Ceramic? If so do they squeal at all? I need to do something..these stock pad are a mess. I have had the car for a week and have to clean the rims once a day.

caddyv8v
08-05-06, 12:24 PM
not sure of the comp of pad material, but they do not squeel and are dust free. pedal to date feels stock. easy upgrade that changes cleaning the wheels daily, to more like weekly.

UGOTIT
08-06-06, 07:14 PM
Have you noticed any squeaking yet?

caddyv8v
08-07-06, 11:31 AM
no squeaking yet. the v has 1500 miles on it, and i replaced the pads at about 250 miles. i will say maybe a week ago, they squeeled a couple of times before i parked it for the day, but have been absolutly quiet ever since.

UGOTIT
08-07-06, 04:09 PM
Good deal,I've had a few customers complain about squeaking with the new hawk pads.

CadV
01-14-07, 10:48 PM
install was a snap. pedal feel to me is the same as stock. brake dust is all but gone. if you are tired of cleaning your sts-v wheels, then this mod is for you. ordered them from the guys at lindsay cadillac. clay

What Hawk part numbers did you use for your STS-V?

caddyv8v
01-15-07, 06:43 AM
frts-HB453F.585

rears-HB194F.570

CadV
01-15-07, 02:52 PM
frts-HB453F.585

rears-HB194F.570

Thanks bud I just bought those for my CTS-V. I will use them for the STS-V.

TAWoody
01-19-07, 12:23 PM
I found this through a search. I just put on the Hawk Ceramic pads and, after properly brandishing (I think that's spelled right) them, they got rusty the next day and are squeaking. But only the inside half of the rotor where the pad contacts is rusty. The outer part is just fine. I did wash the rims and I thought this may have caused it, but it was never a problem with the stock pads and I don't understand why only half of the contact surface would be rusting...any ideas?

caddyv8v
01-19-07, 04:52 PM
not sure what happened, but mine have been on for 10 months and no dust, squeeks or rust...just clean.

BMBSALES
02-23-07, 09:49 PM
I found this through a search. I just put on the Hawk Ceramic pads and, after properly brandishing (I think that's spelled right) them, they got rusty the next day and are squeaking. But only the inside half of the rotor where the pad contacts is rusty. The outer part is just fine. I did wash the rims and I thought this may have caused it, but it was never a problem with the stock pads and I don't understand why only half of the contact surface would be rusting...any ideas?

how do you like the ceramics as opposed to the oem semi's? how's the dust and brake noise with them?

BMBSALES
02-27-07, 06:12 PM
anyone with hawk ceramic experience?

samm
03-04-07, 11:15 PM
hey, i bet the pads are crooked if they are rusting on only half of contact surface. ideally, you would want the contact surface to be shiny or clean- not rusty. half and half means the rusty side is not making contact...

Rb42
11-21-07, 01:06 PM
My 2008 STSV arrives this afternoon at the dealership. I was wanting to change the breakpads out and go with the Hawk HPS Brake Pads. I contacted someone that carriers these and they do not have an update for the 2008 Stsv's yet. I cannot find were there are any changes to the brakes from 2007-2008 but was hoping someone would know for sure. The dealership has agreed to install at no charge if I can have pads ship to them. I can have them there Friday and installed and pick the car up Friday afternoon. Anybody know it there is any difference between the two years?

WillySTS
11-21-07, 03:26 PM
I know...there is no difference within the three years.

05STSWOW
11-21-07, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know if these Hawk HPS brake pads are a direct replacement for the OEM pads on a standard 2008 STS 1SG with the Performance Handling Package (18" x 8.5" wheels, summer only Michelin Pilot Sport tires, and Brembo brakes)? Since they they refuse to build an STS-V in red (and the V costs $15k more), I opted for the more pedestrian model with everything except the Geezer Alert System (Lane Departure, Blind Spot Warning, etc.) to most closely replicate the V Experience while keeping my lease payment under my house payment. With only 500 miles, I'm already starting to notice brake dusting. Are these two brake systems the same? Also, Where do you find the drilled brake rotors for the same? (For the look, not so much the need.)

Rb42
11-21-07, 06:16 PM
I know...there is no difference within the three years.

Thanks WillySTS, did not think there was any difference :bouncy: