: It's been a great ride

Avejoe
06-04-06, 09:55 AM
Just another boring story ! My V story starts Dec. 2003 while surfing the web, looking for a new car for my wife. While surfing the web, I came accross a Road and Track artical on the V. (Cadillac with Ls 6, 6 speed on the floor) I gotta see this ! Quick click and I'm on the Cadillac site! Holly Crap ! So I called a local Caddy dealer. I want to test drive one of your V's ! Salesman say's , we don't have any of those, but , we can get u one. It will take about 3 months or so, once you order. So come down, put down $1k, when it arrives, take that test drive and even if U don't like the color black,(they only came in black at the time) I'll give U,the cash back. Well, needless to say, that test drive cost one hell of a lot more than 1k. But, if a big ol smile on your face is worth anything, the 50k bought a lot of those. Not just for me either. The kids love it, the wife does tooo! and we can all be bad ass together, not just 2 at a time. Don't get me wrong here, this car, like everything else, has it's quirks.(F in wheel hop!) I have bought many things in the past that I could have lived without, and totally wished I hadn't bought within days or weeks of a purchase. I can say after over 2 years (and one rear end so far) "ITS BEEN A GREAT RIDE" and still going. PS, My wife got us a Murano awd for the cold days of winter when the V is unhapply parked

fig32
06-04-06, 10:01 AM
Wow! I thought another one bites the dust. I only got my V about 1 month ago and can't believe how many people are getting rid of them on the forum. I agree, its a great ride. My favorite part is having the wife and kids in the car and showing them what a G-Meter is for:D

My oldest daughter feels woozy and my youngest one things we are on a ride at Great Adventure, and we are only coming back from the in-laws.

Mark

Avejoe
06-04-06, 10:24 AM
All I can say is, enjoy it, while you got it ! I had a jag once upon a time and I very rarly used it (parades, shows, races, stuff like that)for 10 years. Then I sold it. Few memories of it, I have pictures some place. I don't even care where! I drive the V as much as I can and take the long way when I have time. It's my own show, my own parade and race, every time

thebigjimsho
06-04-06, 12:35 PM
Where in MA, avejoe?

Seattle CTS-V
06-04-06, 12:39 PM
Just another boring story ! My V story starts Dec. 2003 while surfing the web, looking for a new car for my wife. While surfing the web, I came accross a Road and Track artical on the V. (Cadillac with Ls 6, 6 speed on the floor) I gotta see this ! Quick click and I'm on the Cadillac site! Holly Crap ! So I called a local Caddy dealer. I want to test drive one of your V's ! Salesman say's , we don't have any of those, but , we can get u one. It will take about 3 months or so, once you order. So come down, put down $1k, when it arrives, take that test drive and even if U don't like the color black,(they only came in black at the time) I'll give U,the cash back. Well, needless to say, that test drive cost one hell of a lot more than 1k. But, if a big ol smile on your face is worth anything, the 50k bought a lot of those. Not just for me either. The kids love it, the wife does tooo! and we can all be bad ass together, not just 2 at a time. Don't get me wrong here, this car, like everything else, has it's quirks.(F in wheel hop!) I have bought many things in the past that I could have lived without, and totally wished I hadn't bought within days or weeks of a purchase. I can say after over 2 years (and one rear end so far) "ITS BEEN A GREAT RIDE" and still going. PS, My wife got us a Murano awd for the cold days of winter when the V is unhapply parked

Funny, I have a black V and my wife has a Merlot colored Murano SE. Love that Murano and No wheel hop!

Avejoe
06-04-06, 12:39 PM
Southwick, (Where they hold the MX Nationals) Bought the farm yah might say

Avejoe
06-04-06, 12:47 PM
It's great switching back and forth from Murano (witch you don't feel a shift at all) to the V that pins U every shift

2004ctsv
06-04-06, 01:18 PM
Wow! I thought another one bites the dust. I only got my V about 1 month ago and can't believe how many people are getting rid of them on the forum. I agree, its a great ride. My favorite part is having the wife and kids in the car and showing them what a G-Meter is for:D

My oldest daughter feels woozy and my youngest one things we are on a ride at Great Adventure, and we are only coming back from the in-laws.

Mark

Don't let the negativity get to you. Thousands own this car. Hundreds of the owners are on this forum. A hand full here do most of the complaining. It whittles down real fast.

Enjoy the car for what it is. Don't agonize over what it isn't. Don't spend too much time on the negative threads and negative posters.

End of Sunday sermon

T

KTSwanson
06-04-06, 02:27 PM
Don't let the negativity get to you. Thousands own this car. Hundreds of the owners are on this forum. A hand full here do most of the complaining. It whittles down real fast.

Enjoy the car for what it is. Don't agonize over what it isn't. Don't spend too much time on the negative threads and negative posters.

End of Sunday sermon

T
I agree...as in all aspects of life, it's the very noisy small minority that creates the biggest impression (any company's PR nightmare)...the vast majority of us are too busy driving our V's as much as possible, grinning ear to ear, and just dealing with any problems that any very highly tuned product will have, and getting on with it...dont' be disillusioned that the noisy complainers represent the majority of owners/drivers.

Avejoe
06-04-06, 03:22 PM
Kim, very nice car !:thumbsup:

KTSwanson
06-04-06, 04:32 PM
Kim, very nice car !:thumbsup:
Thanks...one of the great pleasures of this car, that continues well after that thrill of the initial drives that persuaded each of us to make the purchase, is the ongoing thrill of each new mod, some performance, some cosmetic, that keep the thrill going...kind of like muted sex that never ends....(don't tell my wife...)