: My friend let me drive his M6

Seattle CTS-V
06-03-06, 01:27 PM
My bud just got his new M6 the other day. He brought it over for me to see yesterday and I snapped a few pix and took her for a test drive. He needs 500 miles on the clock b/f he can use the 'M' button to unleash the last 100hp. Until then it 'only' has 400hp. Steering on the car feels amazing...like it'll go anywhere I point it. The cabin is very quiet and the seats - OMG! - the seats are amazing. Hugs you in all the right places. The motor is very responsive even though I was in one of the softest SMG settings (slower shifts) and didn't have the M-sport mode turned on. I'll have to drive it again when he's got some miles on it. The interior is so-so. Very nice. Carbon fiber is a nice touch. A bit disappointing for a car that costs $107k. Exterior is love it or hate it. I personally never liked the looks of the 6-series but the wider meats and little 'M' personalizations make it a pretty nice looking car in person. Driving around we had people pulling out their cell phone to take pictures. This car is the first one in Washington according to the dealership. I think I would still rather have the M5 b/c of the 4 doors and $20k cheaper pricetag.

Obviously, everyone wants to know if a blown CTS-V can beat it. Well, it'll be a few miles b/f we can test that out. But from my seat-of-the-pants o'meter I can tell you my V is definitely faster when the M6 is not in the 500hp M-sport mode.

Oh yeah, the heads-up-display is sooooo cool!!

Some pix:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/3.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/2.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/5.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/4.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/1.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/6.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/trohdy69/M6/7.jpg

CVP33
06-03-06, 01:29 PM
I have just clearly got to get some better friends.

Seattle CTS-V
06-03-06, 01:33 PM

It was actually quite a humbling day yesterday. My friend has the M6 and then I went to play Texas hold-em at his bud's place. What was in his friend's garage but a brand new M5. I'm used to having one of the nicer cars and these 2 guys make me look silly. Oh well, I've got something they'll probably never have.... a whining rear! Nobody does it like Cadillac. Take that BMW!!

obzidian
06-03-06, 01:42 PM
my old thing is, "What the F*#K is up with those tail pipes?!!! THey look rally out of place!!!

Not enough car for me to pay 100k for it. Not impressed at all. Im sure it will perform just like the m5 but besides that, no interest in that car at all. I think your V is still pretty pimp even next to those over priced/marketed-up bmr'z!

heavymetals
06-03-06, 01:49 PM
Very nice car! :thumbsup:

I really like the instrument layout.

I sure hope CAD doesn't forget the HUD in the next V.

Dennisscars
06-03-06, 01:50 PM

me and you both... :highfive:

as soon a StealthV can tune one of these... I'm tradin' :thumbsup:

Staxxin
06-03-06, 01:57 PM
Smokin Car!!! I don't love it in black though...

lasstss
06-03-06, 02:15 PM
I could never spend $100K + for a car that butt ugly! THe back trunk looks like a whale tale. To each his own.

BadCad
06-03-06, 02:23 PM
:yeah:
those butt-ugly rear ends just spoil the looks of those cars; 7's, 6's and 5 series included.

kanned
06-03-06, 03:17 PM
I'm sorry but.. M6 > Cadillac.. :)

Florian
06-03-06, 03:31 PM
Im not a BMW fan, this car does absolutely nothing for me aesthetically. As for 500HP...thats awesome, but 100+K, for that kind of cheddar Ill pop an LS7 in my V and have enough left over for a winter car.

F

Chef
06-03-06, 03:43 PM
I dig the look on the 8 series better. I had an 850i and it was tight....V-12, Dinan to the hilt and it still had too much lard in the ass....But I like the look bettah than the M6....

Chef

dqw1
06-03-06, 04:05 PM
I like everything except the butt and carbon fiber. I'd like to see the HUD.

Adam
06-03-06, 05:42 PM
Im not a BMW fan, this car does absolutely nothing for me aesthetically. As for 500HP...thats awesome, but 100+K, for that kind of cheddar Ill pop an LS7 in my V and have enough left over for a winter car.

F

:yeah: i dont care for bmws either. if i were to spend 100k on a vehicle it would be an XLR-V. i am sure they'll come up with tuning options and a decent exhaust/ cai for the XLR-V... but for the money, id rather a CTS-V and all the aftermarket in the world... or the LS7 (with more aftermarket im sure).

LV_V
06-03-06, 07:05 PM
I had the pleasure of driving my friend's week old M5 last weekend. All I have to say is WOW. So smooth, unbelievably quiet in comparison to my V. BMW did it right (too bad it doesn't yet have the stick option, then it will be the perfect luxury sports sedan).

thebigjimsho
06-03-06, 07:35 PM
My heart bled BMW roundel blue and white right up until the day I took delivery of my V.

I still have a soft spot for Bimmers, but I don't yearn like I used to. And Bangle is hot and cold to me. I liked the 7 series except for the rear, I do like the redesigned rear. I like the 5 series and LOVE the M5 and like the not-so-Bangled 3 series. The Z4 is nice as well.

But the 6 series is very uninspiring to me. Which is really too bad. To this day, I still say I don't think I pined for a car the way I did a dark blue on white 1988 M6. And when C&D tested a Dinan turbo M6, that was heaven. To be honest, I'd still rather have pristine M6 of the late 80s than of 2006 or 7.

SoCadillac
06-03-06, 10:09 PM
Bangle's lead in BMW design is the worst thing to happen to BMW. And I love it when he states, "People who criticize my designs do not understand...blah, blah, blah, BS, BS, BS." However, I do like the 6 Series and the new Z4 Coupe.

06-04-06, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry but.. M6 > Cadillac.. :)

yeah but...which cadillac? You could get two CTS-V's for the price of one M6.....so what kind of comparison is that? I suppose you could compare an STS-V to an M6 at least in terms of price, but you are comparing a big sports sedan to a coupe. XLR-V to an M6 convertible? maybe, but they are still in different "classes"........

AmesCTS-V
06-04-06, 08:53 PM
Looks a lot like a GTO to me.

VELOSE
06-05-06, 12:49 AM
The only thing appealing about the M6 is its interior as described by Seattle. The motor is also just as exciting. However the price tag, exterior design, and weight this car carries for a coupe, blows. If there was an ultimatum between M5 or M6, I'd take the M5. The styling of the M5 in my opinion is beautiful. I would pay the $80k for that car. The only thing holding me back from doing it is, no manual tranny. I don't want to be playing with a stubby lever in my car, I already play with one out of my cars.:D

Devil_concours
06-05-06, 01:15 AM
The only thing appealing about the M6 is its interior as described by Seattle. The motor is also just as exciting. However the price tag, exterior design, and weight this car carries for a coupe, blows. If there was an ultimatum between M5 or M6, I'd take the M5. The styling of the M5 in my opinion is beautiful. I would pay the $80k for that car. The only thing holding me back from doing it is, no manual tranny. I don't want to be playing with a stubby lever in my car, I already play with one out of my cars.:D
6spd coming soon to us market

erp2863
06-05-06, 08:45 AM
The interior is so-so. Very nice. Carbon fiber is a nice touch. A bit disappointing for a car that costs $107k.

I had a 5 series wagon for a rental in Germany a couple of weeks ago and thought the V's interior was just as good or better. Asthetically, I love the V's interior. Just wish the noises would go away.

Eric

CTSV05
06-05-06, 08:53 AM
Well...its nice I s'pose.

I'd take the Z06 anyday, and then spend the other $20K on a couple mods if that were a choice I could make.

But then, I'm one of those ridiculusly Pro America guys.........

Kadonny
06-05-06, 09:14 AM

I agree Velose, the M5 is such a stud car, plus you can still shuttle around the kiddies :thumbsup:

That is probably the only car right now I would trade the V on and I believe the 07 model M5 will have the optional maunal transmission. Its coming for sure and I am pretty sure it is for 07.

Great looking car though is the M6, I would not kick it out of bed ;)

trukk
06-05-06, 11:07 AM
Some observations:

* Man you couldn't even fit a wrench in that engine bay, much less turn it.

* Personally, I think the front looks bland as kraft cheese like product singles.

* The rear at least has some personality. I bet it looks/sounds great from the rear, with the meaty tires, and throaty exhaust.

* I can only imagine what an ass magnet that car is.

* Put an M6, next to an XLR-V, and see which gets more attention. Also which performs better? HMM.

* MUST HAVE MANUAL TRANNY!

* All in all though, a ridiculously HOT car.

My $ 0.02

-Chris

P-Funk
06-05-06, 11:17 AM

Me too. Most of my friends drive Toyotas :rant2: .
I never get to ride in anything nicer (or even as nice as) than my V. :bigroll:

Seattle CTS-V
06-05-06, 03:31 PM
Me too. Most of my friends drive Toyotas :rant2: .
I never get to ride in anything nicer (or even as nice as) than my V. :bigroll:

I have another friend that has a really nice 360 Spider, a 550 Maranello, and a MB G500 2 door SUV. Now he's got cars!

Staxxin
06-05-06, 08:21 PM
I have another friend that has a really nice 360 Spider, a 550 Maranello, and a MB G500 2 door SUV. Now he's got cars!

It sounds like you hang with a really affluent group :thumbsup:. You might need to step it up a notch :histeric:.

Dennisscars
06-06-06, 12:52 AM
When Luna gets one, maybe I'll get a ride.....

06-06-06, 03:32 PM
It sounds like you hang with a really affluent group :thumbsup:. You might need to step it up a notch :histeric:.

Yeah, they all must be janitors at microsoft.

Kyle15
06-06-06, 06:48 PM
2 door G Wagon? wow he must be special.

mallettv
06-07-06, 12:37 AM
Ill eat it... Hot but so Eww...

byucelt
06-07-06, 01:01 PM
I have always loved M cars, I have an 03 M3 along with my V. I will say that the new M6 and M5 are incredible cars but need a little bit more in the looks department. The M6 is an incredible car but at 107K I would probably get the Porsche GT3 or Carrera S and dump 20K in my pocket.

Seattle CTS-V
06-07-06, 04:36 PM
2 door G Wagon? wow he must be special.

Not sold in the US market according to him.