: Scan/Tune Software for V

Florian
06-03-06, 01:11 PM
Fellas,

Just a quick heads up, Im not sure if this is a 'legal' thread, so mods, feel free to delete if I have overstepped my bounds. This isnt a paid advertisement, and I have no affiliation with the company mentioned, this is just a quick heads up for those who may be on the procurement fence due to previously higher costs. I use EFI Live for my 04V and it comes in handy when I need to clear my Engine light and figure out codes. EFI Live is now selling their scan only tool for 249 bux...a great deal and it allows to set some other parameters that StealthV may know more about...I think he uses it much more frequently than I. I have the tune tool as well, but am kinda hesitant to plunge into that yet....need more time to play with it. So if you want some cheap insight into what your engine is telling you, EFILive may be the way to go.
ENjoy

F

2004ctsv
06-03-06, 11:44 PM
When installing the Magnusson S/C, the temp sensor is moved to the cooler below the maggie. Can you access the air inlet temperature w/ EFI Live?

What about manifold pressure?

StealthV
06-04-06, 12:08 AM
Yes and mostly yes. Under boost, the intake temps will be 100 - 150ish and the manifold pressure will show the range of the factory sensor to be maxed out.

KTSwanson
06-04-06, 04:50 PM
".a great deal and it allows to set some other parameters that StealthV may know more about...I think he uses it much more frequently than I. I have the tune tool as well, but am kinda hesitant to plunge into that yet....need more time to play with it."
After multiple adjustments to get my StealthV PCM tune just right, I think Rick (StealthV) knows more about the tune on this car than anyone...I'd rather trust him to make my adjustments, than start fiddling around myself..."playing with it" can lead to all sorts of surprises, not all good.