: Fuel pump quick question

The83CoupeD
06-03-06, 10:01 AM
Hi, i have previously asked about whether or not to use the electric fuel pump in my 83 coupe devile or the mechanical one on the 350 im swapping into it. Well thanks to you guys i know to use the mechanical one but i have another quick question. To use the mechanical pump, am i going to have to remove the electric pump to enable the mechanical one to draw fuel through the line? Is there any other problems i might run into? Thanks again, -Chad

scurling
06-04-06, 12:50 AM
My guess is yes. I don't think you will be able to draw sufficient fuel flow through the electric pump assembly.

I replaced a tank on my old '73 Impalla a few years ago, and got the fuel level and pickup assembly with the used fuel tank (yard acquisition). I'm sure I still have it and would be wiling to send it for postage cost if we could determine that it would fit. If your car isn't already under construction for the new engine, let me know when it is out of commission. We could compare some measurements, etc. If it looks like it might work, all the unit may need is a new strainer and a rubber ring gasket. Metal tubing and electrical fuel level sensor should be in good condition. I'll look for it to be sure I still have it.