: sts-v conversion auto-manual

cwgrizwald33
06-02-06, 06:08 PM
I don't own an sts-v...I am just a guy in the coast guard who loves his cadillac cts with a few mods--cold air intake, dual exhaust, wheels, tires...all the basic stuff...5 speed manual...have to have manual I love the feel of it. Would love to be able to buy a V someday and while I love the cts-v the sts-v looks better and better to me....hmmm, but I absolutely love manual tranny. Is this a dumb question or what....is it possible to convert an sts-v from auto to manual tranny? Is it worth it even just for the love of manual tranny's?...little insight on this dream even though i will probably never be able to afford a v....thanks.

chevelle
06-03-06, 11:29 PM
I don't own an sts-v...I am just a guy in the coast guard who loves his cadillac cts with a few mods--cold air intake, dual exhaust, wheels, tires...all the basic stuff...5 speed manual...have to have manual I love the feel of it. Would love to be able to buy a V someday and while I love the cts-v the sts-v looks better and better to me....hmmm, but I absolutely love manual tranny. Is this a dumb question or what....is it possible to convert an sts-v from auto to manual tranny? Is it worth it even just for the love of manual tranny's?...little insight on this dream even though i will probably never be able to afford a v....thanks.

Anything is possible given enough time and money. If you are short on $$$ for the basic STS-V then considering converting it to a manual is a moot point....LOL. If you have to have the manual trans then look around for a decent "previously enjoyed" CTS-V. It comes with the manual for the purists.