: Hood

lasstss
06-02-06, 11:20 AM
The new Cowl hood comes back from the body shop today. Should have pics tonight. Who else has had theirs done already?

heavymetals
06-02-06, 12:40 PM
I gotta say I have a complaint.

I was never notified that the hood(s) were being popped out and my phone calls were never returned.

Sure didn't have any problem with my deposit though!

wildwhl
06-02-06, 01:48 PM
I have my hood sitting here for a week now. Don't know when I'll get around to it though. Looks pretty good to me.

WW

04CTSVFLA
06-02-06, 01:50 PM
HOW MUCH? is this a modification to the stockk hood, or a completely different hood? is the price include paint - if so is in manufacturers paint and guaranteed to match (black is nearly impossible to match) also whats the weight difference. Maybe someone could link some pics.

MescalVto
06-02-06, 04:25 PM
Anymore of these hoods available?

lasstss
06-02-06, 05:27 PM
HOW MUCH? is this a modification to the stockk hood, or a completely different hood? is the price include paint - if so is in manufacturers paint and guaranteed to match (black is nearly impossible to match) also whats the weight difference. Maybe someone could link some pics.

Its a cowl hood similar to the STSV (subtle). The hood is $700 gelcoat white/ Plan on spending $5-600 for paint. As far as color. The V is about the blackest black there is. Cant tell the difference on mine.

Anyone that gave a deposit, call Jimmy and rattle his cage. He will send the product. Also, they are about $100 to ship so this is not a cheap adventure by any means.
THe mold is done so they can make as many as needed.

lasstss
06-02-06, 07:29 PM
OK, here it is!:eek:

Intellex
06-02-06, 07:33 PM
OK, here it is!:eek:

Wow!

:eek:

urbanski
06-02-06, 07:38 PM
Wow++++

Avejoe
06-02-06, 07:47 PM
Looks great ! Any picks, full view of the under side ?

slk230mb
06-02-06, 08:40 PM
Holy Sh*t! That first pic is amazing :eek: :worship: :thumbsup:

blown black caddy
06-02-06, 09:11 PM
That looks so bad ass! :thumbsup:

wildwhl
06-02-06, 09:33 PM
Looks great...and I dig the red on the Maggie. I've been thinking black, but maybe...how did you do that? Paint or powdercoat?

WW

ssmith100
06-02-06, 09:37 PM
Marty your car looks fantastic bro. I knew when I bought my CCW's that I should have got the SP-18's.

Oh, hood looks fantastic.:worship: Love that strut tower brace, who makes it???

Oh, nice lift and garage too.:thumbsup:

Shane

lasstss
06-02-06, 09:52 PM
Thanks all. I actually wanted to get the case PC red but Magnusson wouldnt do it . Its taped off and Bomb sprayed with RAL 2002 red. Its only the top half that is red. The tower strut is the factory 2006 strut. Got it from Lindsay.
HOWEVER.. it will not fit under the factory hood. They must have flattened the underside of the 06 hood to acommodate it. My guess is that you can remove the OEM engine cover without taking off the brace on the O6, its a good bit taller. Fits fine under the glass hood. As soon as I get the modded fuel block the Carbon fiber covers go on. (IF they survive the surgery)..

obzidian
06-02-06, 10:02 PM
OMG!!

That first pic is exactly the pic caddi should of used to market this car...

they would of sold twice as much!!!

Dennisscars
06-02-06, 10:03 PM
me likey... :worship:

Chef
06-03-06, 03:06 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Looks fantastic! Clean --- good stuff!! I dig the red & hood!....

thebigjimsho
06-03-06, 08:22 PM
Wow, that looks mucho bettero than I thought possible.

Kyle15
06-03-06, 09:44 PM
Maybe I missed an earlier post but uh.....I want that!!!!!! NOW.....so uh who makes that I need that tomorrow. Thanks

thebigjimsho
06-03-06, 10:20 PM
But since it's heavier, do you think I could get NASA to give me back a point in their classifications?

lasstss
06-03-06, 10:41 PM
Maybe I missed an earlier post but uh.....I want that!!!!!! NOW.....so uh who makes that I need that tomorrow. Thanks

http://www.extremecomposites.com/

Jimmy Cox

SoCadillac
06-03-06, 10:45 PM
lasstss,

It looks factory. When the advent of the newly minted Hertz Mustang I am wondering what the Hertz hood would look like on the CTS:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2006-mustang-gt-h-hertz-racer.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/shelby-does-commercial-for-the-hertz-mustang-gt-h.html

P.S. I am not into the Ford, GM, blah, blah, blah...I'd never put a Ford blah, blah, blah...on my GM car!

lasstss
06-03-06, 11:32 PM
lasstss,

It looks factory. When the advent of the newly minted Hertz Mustang I am wondering what the Hertz hood would look like on the CTS:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/2006-mustang-gt-h-hertz-racer.html

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/shelby-does-commercial-for-the-hertz-mustang-gt-h.html

P.S. I am not into the Ford, GM, blah, blah, blah...I'd never put a Ford blah, blah, blah...on my GM car!

All a matter of preference. I always liked the GM 'flatness' in their panels. I have driven a few mustangs both new and old. I never liked the look over the hood. It always felt like I was driving a barrel. I think the forum choice of basically duplicating the STS hood was a good one.:highfive:

SoCadillac
06-03-06, 11:44 PM
All a matter of preference. I always liked the GM 'flatness' in their panels. I have driven a few mustangs both new and old. I never liked the look over the hood. It always felt like I was driving a barrel. I think the forum choice of basically duplicating the STS hood was a good one.:highfive:
Yeah, you're probably correct in copying the hood of the STS to keep in the family, but this Hertz Mustang is pretty slick for what it is, and the first to get me to take a second look as it is not overdone in its execution. And it's the first time I'd actually live with a color scheme the likes of the Hertz Mustang.

Also, I am interested in what D3 might come up with for the CTS in the way of hoods: http://www.d3cadillac.com/

SoCadillac
06-04-06, 01:20 AM
What happened to the vented version of this hood, and has anyone installed one yet? It does look very good and factory.

rgd
06-04-06, 04:05 AM
What happened to the vented version of this hood, and has anyone installed one yet? It does look very good and factory.

The vented hood right here. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet because of timing and track events. I want plenty of time for it to dry before I track it. I think its going to look good when I getrdone though.
I will post after painting it.
Probably after my next track day on June 23rd.
Thanks,
rgd

SoCadillac
06-04-06, 04:24 AM
The vented hood right here. I haven't had a chance to paint it yet because of timing and track events. I want plenty of time for it to dry before I track it. I think its going to look good when I get done though.
I will post after painting it.
Probably after my next track day on June 23rd.
Thanks,
rgd
:thumbsup: Looks great! How is everyone handling the windshield washer fluid nozzles?

lasstss
06-04-06, 09:58 AM
Yeah, you're probably correct in copying the hood of the STS to keep in the family, but this Hertz Mustang is pretty slick for what it is, and the first to get me to take a second look as it is not overdone in its execution. And it's the first time I'd actually live with a color scheme the likes of the Hertz Mustang.

Also, I am interested in what D3 might come up with for the CTS in the way of hoods: http://www.d3cadillac.com/

Never heard of them.. Impressive website though.

Darryl
06-04-06, 10:51 AM
Wow again!

lasstss
06-04-06, 12:43 PM
:thumbsup: Looks great! How is everyone handling the windshield washer fluid nozzles?

I removed my wipers, problem solved...

Anyway, I noticed that the C-6 vette has the nozzles tucked in the arms nicely. They might be a possibility...

trukk
06-05-06, 11:15 AM
R.I.P CHEESE HOOD. YOU'LL BE MISSED :crybaby:

Seriously though Marty that looks great. I need to swing by and see that in person!

-Chris

P.S. While I'm there, can I bribe you with some beer, to help get my Corsa straight?

lasstss
06-05-06, 11:57 AM
R.I.P CHEESE HOOD. YOU'LL BE MISSED :crybaby:

Seriously though Marty that looks great. I need to swing by and see that in person!

-Chris

P.S. While I'm there, can I bribe you with some beer, to help get my Corsa straight?

Pizza is good, Staxxin stiffed me on the last one! Any time.

Staxxin
06-05-06, 05:24 PM
Pizza is good, Staxxin stiffed me on the last one! Any time.

I actually thought you were kidding about the pizza! Although, I did wear you down to take pizza money for the next day.

By the way, I love the hood. I'd really like to see it in person!

lasstss
06-05-06, 05:28 PM
I actually thought you were kidding about the pizza! Although, I did wear you down to take pizza money for the next day.

By the way, I love the hood. I'd really like to see it in person!

John, it was just a joke! You can stop by and have a slice!:thumbsup:

Staxxin
06-05-06, 09:13 PM
John, it was just a joke! You can stop by and have a slice!:thumbsup:

:highfive: ... Thanks, you let me know when. I'll bring "something" this time!

obzidian
06-07-06, 10:30 AM
got anymore side, or full profile shots?

lasstss
06-07-06, 11:37 AM
got anymore side, or full profile shots?

I will take a few more soon. I havent driven it in a while.

austin
06-07-06, 01:04 PM
Looks sooooooo good!! But, Where does the washer fluid come out?

lasstss
06-07-06, 02:10 PM
Looks sooooooo good!! But, Where does the washer fluid come out?

Get the 2006 vette washer jets.

Or completely remove the wipers and all that crap. Thats what I did.:alchi:

Tags63
07-01-06, 01:05 AM
Lasstss:

It looks awesome!!! Where exactly did you get this hood from??

Thanks,
Paul:thumbsup:

austin
07-01-06, 08:55 AM
Could someone with this hood please post a painted photo of the underside, showing the engine compartment side.

CAT DR
07-24-06, 06:41 PM
The reflection from the lift in the first pic gives a nice line for ram air!