: CTS gets V Grill?

anim8orCTSV
06-01-06, 11:29 PM
Ok, am I crazy, or does Cadillac now offer the V type grill on the CTS?

I saw three just today in my town (250k people) and all three had the V grill. None of them were V's. In the past week I probably saw two or three more.

Now I am sure that you can go and buy them but these were not people that would "mod" the grill on their cars. So I am guessing that they are buying them from the Dealer this way. Is this something new for the CTS?

-Anim8orCTSV

steve711
06-02-06, 12:00 AM
:bigroll: :tisk:

The Tony Show
06-02-06, 12:06 AM
A lot of dealers mod them on the lots and sell them that way. At least here in Florida, that is.

Adam
06-02-06, 12:08 AM
actually some of the CTS guys do buy them from the dealership but the V style grille actually first came out for the CTS in 2003 by an aftermarket company (i cant think of the name of it now... one of those on the tip of my tongue things). all it is is just upgrading the look/style of the CTS... after all you still have a CTS just with a bigger engine.

lawfive
06-02-06, 12:26 AM
Yeah, we be snobbin sometimes and not rememberin our roots.

Adam
06-02-06, 12:34 AM
ha what the hell it was eg classic. heres the link:

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/item.php?itemid=21&year=2003&reqmodel=7

its the mesh style grille which started with the 3.2 CTS back in 2002. now that the history lesson is over... holy crap lawfive you have 482... is that rwhp? damn man thats awesome bro!

oh and for the record i have a body matched grille on mine... not a mesh style grille.

beaglecookie
06-02-06, 12:36 AM
Yes, You can buy the V grill for the CTS. I have one on mine. It's through GMparts. There's alot of different grills out there for the CTS and CTS V. I think you can get the body matching grill for the CTS too.

fcuk
06-02-06, 12:53 AM
after all you still have a CTS just with a bigger engine.

brembos mutha truckah... not to mention better handeling and suede... ohhhhh suede... and a manual gearbox, and a rear diff that goes after 86 miles... V POWER

Adam
06-02-06, 12:56 AM
brembos mutha truckah... not to mention better handeling and suede... ohhhhh suede... and a manual gearbox, and a rear diff that goes after 86 miles... V POWER

sure if you want to get technical... haha yeah my diff has lasted for three years now! the CTS guys have diff problems also... that must suck. next year i'll be experiencing the differential problems... cant wait!<- yes i'll be getting a V next year->

RedGalant2k1
06-02-06, 01:07 AM
Common style grille on all Cadillacs around these parts.

Adam
06-02-06, 01:11 AM
yeah i have seen them on STS' and all that. no big thang.

Kadonny
06-02-06, 08:45 AM
Not a factory option on the regular CTS, but now there is that CTS Sport or some thing that has a fancier grille than the base model. Its sort of a cross between the base grill and the V grille.

benjet
06-02-06, 02:31 PM

No suede in the V, we have suede like material instead.

AmesCTS-V
06-02-06, 05:30 PM
I have the only V in town and recently a guy put the V grill on his CTS. He must try to race people, because I get a lot of people tracking me down to race until they hear the exhaust and figure out it's a real V.

dqw1
06-02-06, 07:15 PM
I have the only V in town and recently a guy put the V grill on his CTS. He must try to race people, because I get a lot of people tracking me down to race until they hear the exhaust and figure out it's a real V.

Ames, there's probably some folks thinking they beat a V. Show'em your ass end!

AmesCTS-V
06-03-06, 12:40 AM
Ames, there's probably some folks thinking they beat a V. Show'em your ass end!
Yeah I'd bet some of them did.

v-ape
06-06-06, 09:53 PM

I think its pseudo suede