: Proud New '03 Escalade owner

DizzyB
03-26-03, 02:54 PM
Hello,

I'm DizzyB, and I'm a new member here, as I just bought a brand new White Diamond '03 Escalade!!! I had them take off the wheels (which I put on ebay), and put the 20" Cadillac wheels with the gold trim on. I absolutely love my week-old truck. I have always driven Suburbans, and this was a nice switch to a comfy ride.

:confused:I was wondering if anyone has put the clear tail light lenses on yet? Is it even available yet? I'd like to personalize my new ride.

I am a graphic designer, an own a vinyl cutting business where I cut logos, custom car tatoos, and misc designs I have created. I do banners, and all kinds of vinyl graphics.

I drive my kids around town about 5-6 times a day, and this is the only way to do it... In a Caddy!!!!:banana:

DizzyB

BeelzeBob
03-26-03, 03:19 PM
Welcome aboard, DizzyB! And thanks for signing up! I hope we'll be seeing pictures of your Escalade in the photo section soon! I'm anxious! Don't forget interior pics! :p

DizzyB
03-26-03, 04:33 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome Sal. I haven't had time to take pics yet... we keep adding things to it. I just had a rear spoiler installed that looks awesome!

I saw people arguing about age prerequisites for driving a Caddy... I'm a 36 year old, mother of three, and Hubby of 19 years is 38. I guess we earned our legal status of Caddy ownership.

Hubby commutes in a 200 Acura NSX, so I finally got even!!!

DizzyB

eehoepp
03-26-03, 04:58 PM
Welcome aboard, DizzyB!

Looks like JerseyGirl is going to have to change her title from "The One & Only Chic Here!" to something else since we now have another female in the group.

As far as the age thing goes, I think everyone here will agree that you can never be considered too old or too young to own & enjoy a Cadillac. The outside world may think otherwise, but here among the enlightened, we know better. :D

JerseyGirl: May I suggest "The Original..." :banana:

DeVillish
03-26-03, 05:02 PM
iam 18, got my coupe deville when i was 17 and iam 99.9% sure i'll never own anything but a cadillac.

DizzyB
03-26-03, 05:03 PM
Thanks, I'm happy to build up the female population here. I see we have the same color choice in Caddy's. Sorry about the banana thing, I thought it would catch your attention. I love that thing. There's nothing better than a dancing banana!!!

May I say, "I love my new Escalade!!!!!!"

DizzyB

DizzyB
03-26-03, 05:05 PM
WOW! I woke some people up. Bring it on, as I need to have 20 posts to put my avatar on... UGH! This is the only way, short of talking to myself to get it done.

Anyone know about custom tail light lenses?

DizzyB

AKPsiMC03
03-26-03, 05:14 PM
i dont know how the "custom" tail lights look on an escalade. All i know is i think they look like crap on everyhting. I cant stand them. Thats just my opinion though. Then again, what do I know. I'm just a 22 year old college senior :banghead:

DizzyB
03-26-03, 05:18 PM
Oh my! I just love the clean look of them. Sorry you don't. Maybe when I cruise by, you can turn the check? LOL I guess that won't happen too soon, as I'm on the left coast. So, you got college over with early... good thing, as most foret about it if they wait too long.

YellowSnake
03-26-03, 05:35 PM
Hello.

DizzyB
03-26-03, 05:37 PM
Well hello to you, too!

AKPsiMC03
03-26-03, 06:00 PM
im not saying anything bad about them... to each his (or her) own. Not my style. I like my tail lights red... any maybe a yellow turn signal. but not white.

I'm glad im almost done too. *crosses fingers*

hopefully i can find a good job. :(

DizzyB
03-26-03, 06:06 PM
What are you going to be Jay?

DizzyB

JerseyGirl
03-26-03, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by eehoepp
Welcome aboard, DizzyB!

Looks like JerseyGirl is going to have to change her title from "The One & Only Chic Here!" to something else since we now have another female in the group.

As far as the age thing goes, I think everyone here will agree that you can never be considered too old or too young to own & enjoy a Cadillac. The outside world may think otherwise, but here among the enlightened, we know better. :D

JerseyGirl: May I suggest "The Original..." :banana:

LOL! Yea guess I will hafta change it....but hey that's cool! Welcome DIZZY B!!!! WooHoo!!!!! Another chic FINALLY!! Where have you been? :banana:

DizzyB
03-26-03, 06:26 PM
Hi Jersey! Nice to meet you. Maybe you could change your tag line to "First Lady"? I could be Second. LOL

I have been on every other forum that pertains to my lifestyle, and thought I'd check this one out when I got my new truck.. I figured if hubby can hang around NSX Prime, I could hang around here from time to time. I cut vinyl, so I'm always online waiting for the machine to stop, and it gets boring... like watching paint dry. So, I find interesting places to hang out on the web.

What do you do Jersey?

JerseyGirl
03-26-03, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by DizzyB
Hi Jersey! Nice to meet you. Maybe you could change your tag line to "First Lady"? I could be Second. LOL

I have been on every other forum that pertains to my lifestyle, and thought I'd check this one out when I got my new truck.. I figured if hubby can hang around NSX Prime, I could hang around here from time to time. I cut vinyl, so I'm always online waiting for the machine to stop, and it gets boring... like watching paint dry. So, I find interesting places to hang out on the web.

What do you do Jersey?

Yea I'll figure something out for a new title! hehe...
What do i do? Sell Caddy parts! LOL! :D Anything from body parts to engines, trannys, aftermarket fillers..just anything caddy! :)

DizzyB
03-26-03, 06:44 PM
Tail light lenses??? I know I'm harping on it, but curious what it would look like. Do you sell on Ebay?

AKPsiMC03
03-26-03, 07:24 PM
What are you going to be Jay?

DizzyB

right now it just looks like im gunna be poor :( but at least i have a nice car! :banghead:

DizzyB
03-26-03, 07:26 PM
There's something to be said about being poor. Really now, what's your major Jay? Since you mentioned money, I'm assuming it's financial stuff.

DizzyB

JerseyGirl
03-26-03, 07:29 PM
Tail light lenses??? I know I'm harping on it, but curious what it would look like. Do you sell on Ebay?

I dunno....they would probably look ok! Just a matter of taste! I sell on eBay sure! Who doesn't? hehe:D

AKPsiMC03
03-26-03, 07:57 PM
Business Admin with concentrations in finance and marketing.

Mad'lac
03-26-03, 08:03 PM
I say put some of them slick light conversions I seen many sport trucks put on. I think its the Deville lights.

DizzyB
03-26-03, 08:03 PM
Well, I think you'll do fine. Just refianace home loans for a while, and build up a clientele. That seems to be the trend for now.

I wish you luck! I'm happy I'm all grown up already. Life is harder for you new guys. (Boy, I'm full of wisdom... must be nearing 40!)

DizzyB
03-26-03, 08:06 PM
:banana: Finally a positive note on my tail lights!!! (Now watch me hat 'em.) Nobody likes to be wrong... Like the color pink on men in the 90's!!!:alien:

DizzyB

Ralph
03-27-03, 02:55 AM
Why mess with perfection? Sounds like you should get a Civic to customize?

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ralph

:eek:

DizzyB
03-27-03, 11:14 AM
Oh my, Ralph! I just wanted to have a clean rear end! Be nice to the girls!

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 11:19 AM
Oh my, Ralph! I just wanted to have a clean rear end! Be nice to the girls!

hehe....:D

DizzyB
03-27-03, 11:51 AM
Girl power! Let's get 'em Tree!!!!

kcnewell
03-27-03, 11:57 AM

I agree with Ralph here! But what do I know? I hate Escalades anyway!:banghead:

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by kcnewell
I agree with Ralph here! But what do I know? I hate Escalades anyway!:banghead:

You are crazy KC!!!!:banana:

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 12:31 PM
Girl power! Let's get 'em Tree!!!!

;) Got any pics of your Escalade?

DizzyB
03-27-03, 03:51 PM
OK Tree,

I posted pics on my gallery here. Let me know if you can vie them.

DizzyB:halo:

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 03:53 PM
Just seen it! It is very nice looking! I love the 99-02's I believe! Had a friend that had one & he did all kinds of mods!
Sweet though....:)

DizzyB
03-27-03, 07:01 PM
Thanks Tree,

Ilove it, it makes me giggle when I drive it around. What a step up from my lifted 3/4 Ton Suburban. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped down from my Escalade seat, only to find that I'm closer to the ground than before... hurts the ankles! Glad you liked it. It needs a bath, but I'm waiting out the last rain this week.

DizzyB

JerseyGirl
03-27-03, 08:39 PM
Thanks Tree,

Ilove it, it makes me giggle when I drive it around. What a step up from my lifted 3/4 Ton Suburban. I can't tell you how many times I've jumped down from my Escalade seat, only to find that I'm closer to the ground than before... hurts the ankles! Glad you liked it. It needs a bath, but I'm waiting out the last rain this week.

DizzyB

LOL!!!! I love driving our Dually around, first off guys are wondering why the heck a chic is in a truck bigger than they are, second, it's just fun! It is a PITA to get in & out of though , sits up to high! I like your Suburban, it's sweet! The color is AWESOME! ;)

Devil_concours
03-27-03, 09:23 PM
how tall are you dizzyb?
I was looking through some of your pics and the front seat looks like it's pulled all the way forward.

DizzyB
03-28-03, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
how tall are you dizzyb?
I was looking through some of your pics and the front seat looks like it's pulled all the way forward.

I'm five foot two, and my eyes are blue!

DizzyB

Ralph
03-30-03, 02:46 AM
Nothin' is sexier than a hot chic in a large SUV.

elwesso
03-30-03, 10:47 AM
Agreed. Just dont turn into one of those soccer moms that cant drive!

JerseyGirl
03-30-03, 11:06 PM

Or Caddy? :(

elwesso
03-31-03, 05:35 PM
Or caddy!! But combine the two and ......... :eyebrow:

kcnewell
03-31-03, 05:36 PM
Take a Midol Wes!

DizzyB
03-31-03, 05:52 PM
You'll never know... I could weigh 350 LBS!!! That outa put your flames out!

elwesso
03-31-03, 06:32 PM
Nothin' is sexier than a HOT chic in a large SUV.

Revrend
03-31-03, 07:02 PM

I could think of TONS of things : p But, this isn't the time, nor the place ( =

Welcome, and enjoy your car!

Allante North *
03-31-03, 07:14 PM
Hi Dizzy B,

Welcome to CadillacforumS,

Glad you like your Escalade, but I gotta say that I like your 3/4 Ton much better. If it only had a 4-speed, then it would be a "Hell Wagon". I love a truck that goes where you point it, but I bet you don't get off road much. I bet the Escalade suits you much better though. I just prefer a bigger Burban and your fits the bill to a T.

Just gotta know if your one of those cute soccer moms that wears a ball cap with a pig tail sticking out the back? I bet you are and B stands for Blonde. Lets see now, 5'2", eyes blue, blonde?, and drives Cadillacs. If you got a Bass Boat, were all in love. Got any pictures of the boat?

Don

DizzyB
03-31-03, 09:09 PM
Sold the boat! (34' Magic Offshore w/twin 454's)
- Bought a motorhome. My husband and son fly R/C airplanes, competitvely, and we travel all over for events.

Yes "B" is for Blonde... as in DizzyBlondeGrafix.com
No, I don't wear hats, my hair is too long
No soccer kids here, just pilots
Drove the Suburban for five years after owning two others... all "man mobiles". (By the way mine had plenty of power, with the power programmer, for pulling the 10K LB boat to Tahoe, without slowing on the pass.)
Now it's my turn to drive a "Classy Lady Caddy"

I'm very patient ;)

Allante North *
03-31-03, 09:51 PM
I know patience as well. I waited years to get the Caddilac that I always wanted. Your right about the Man Mobile. I really like your 3/4 and would be proud to wash it after I covered it with some good ole Tennessee Mud. I bet it looks better with some mud splattered down the sides. The sad part is that 99% of all Escalades will never go off road unless the driveway is blocked and you cut across the yard. I say 99% because I do know of one that will go where you point it, but thats East Tennessee.

I'm sure you will enjoy your new Escalade and I'm glad your here. Cadillacs are, well their Cadillacs!

:rose: Happy Trails

elwesso
03-31-03, 10:08 PM
Don, I just noticed you live in east Tenessee, I was just down there last week!! I went down to baneberry golf resort, which is outside of Knoxville.

JerseyGirl
03-31-03, 10:23 PM
Did ya have some biscuits & gravy? hehe:D Or perhaps roadkill...

elwesso
03-31-03, 10:38 PM
No, but i had some waffles in Lexington. MMMMM, WAFFLES!!

JerseyGirl
03-31-03, 10:48 PM
Waffles sound good right about now!:banana:

BUILDINGCTSAMG
03-31-03, 11:05 PM
Dizzy B you should make decals for the group and we could all pay you the cost and that would be an awesome way to get more people on this forum!

Allante North *
03-31-03, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by JerseyGirl
Did ya have some biscuits & gravy? hehe:D Or perhaps roadkill...

Ahh, my favorite. Biscuits and Gravy with pan fried chicken gizzards. No roadkill for me thanks, we get ours fresh from the farm. I raise Registered Limousin Cattle, and get the rest from the store just like y'all do.

Wes,

I play a little cow pasture pool too. Never played Baneberry, but here its a fair course. Its about an hour and a half from here. Im closer to Fairfield Glade. Have you tried River Islands just down the road from Baneberry.

DizzyB
03-31-03, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
Dizzy B you should make decals for the group and we could all pay you the cost and that would be an awesome way to get more people on this forum!

No problem, bring on the orders! DO you want bumper stickers, or window tatoos?

Invinting more people is a great idea. We need more Escalade owners posting in my deense. Not to mention same back up from the flirting some guys do on here ;)

BUILDINGCTSAMG
04-01-03, 01:07 AM
i think u just need to post a picture and give these old men/horndogs a thrill. Oh my gfriend is telling me to get off the computer and come to bed

oh and defn window tattoos, i would never put a bumper sticker on my car

Ralph
04-01-03, 02:14 AM
Nothin' is sexier than a hot chic in a large SUV. Gee, I think I might have started all this flirting!!!???

elwesso
04-01-03, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Allante North *
Wes,

I play a little cow pasture pool too. Never played Baneberry, but here its a fair course. Its about an hour and a half from here. Im closer to Fairfield Glade. Have you tried River Islands just down the road from Baneberry.

No, we just went to baneberry. We only stayed for 2 days, and thats all we had reservations for. Ill remember that for sometime else though......