: Trying to void my warranty

Ishminder
06-01-06, 02:53 PM
Larry Marvin needs to eat some ____(Fill in the gap). Just got a call from my dealer who says that the service rep is trying to void my warranty for having a short shifter and a bmr bracket for the diff! I have decided to become strong and trade my car in the upcoming week. After 43K miles, it will definetely suck to take such a big loss, but of well...at least it will be gone! I am fed up of dealing with all this crap...I have better things to do with my time then to run around pleasing the area service rep. If only once that guy could come in front of me...it would be a kodak picture perfect moment! Well fellow V owners, I must say goodbye. I will def. miss the car and talking to all of you owners, but enough is enough! Oh by the way, the car at the dealership with the maggie (you know who it is) I'd get it out of there soon...and to think all i have is a short shifter!!!!!!!!:thepan::thepan::thepan::thepan::th epan::thepan:

nikon
06-01-06, 03:02 PM
WHAT??? how could they void the warranty for a short shifter?? what problems could it have caused?

Luna.
06-01-06, 03:03 PM
Are they trying to void the entire warranty for the whole car? That makes no logical sense, and, not to mention, is not legal.

What a shame

rand49er
06-01-06, 03:32 PM
Someone has a burr up their behind and is just using the shifter as the excuse.

RedGalant2k1
06-01-06, 03:34 PM
Are they trying to void the entire warranty for the whole car? That makes no logical sense, and, not to mention, is not legal.

What a shame

Not to mention they would have to prove the short shifter damaged the differential. I don't see how it ever could, especially with the repeated problems with the rear differential on all CTS's its amazing that they'd even try that. Go Go GM keep hiding or denying TSBs or issues with your cars.

CVP33
06-01-06, 05:07 PM
Great comments by all, but in the end you have to ask yourself one question:

Why fight with a car company and dealer that clearly do not want your business?

I gave up trying to justify the fight. 43 days in the shop, countless emails, phone calls and the ever present threat from my Area Service Rep (Gordon Histed) to void my warranty. In the end my time is worth more than ANY car, even the V. Sorry to see yet another V owner be abused.

heavymetals
06-01-06, 05:08 PM
Maggie?:rolleyes:

What mods?:rolleyes:

I think the guy has a hard on for ya since he found out you got a new transmission over his objections.

Gordy Petrovski
06-01-06, 08:39 PM
Is there a thing called the Magnason Act just for things like this?

kali_cts03
06-01-06, 08:57 PM
Is there a thing called the Magnason Act just for things like this?

Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act

There also is a BBB Auto Line that might be able to help which can be found in the back of your owners manual!!!

I'm looking into both of these for the problems I have had with my car!!! I know someone posted on the CTS board about going the MMWA way and getting not only the car fixed in top shap but also got money on top of it to feel a little better about the loss time and what not.....

CVP33
06-01-06, 09:04 PM
Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act

There also is a BBB Auto Line that might be able to help which can be found in the back of your owners manual!!!

I'm looking into both of these for the problems I have had with my car!!! I know someone posted on the CTS board about going the MMWA way and getting not only the car fixed in top shap but also got money on top of it to feel a little better about the loss time and what not.....

Fighting with a car dealer / car manufacturer is like returning a steak to the kitchen because it's undercooked. Do you actually think your steak's coming back saliva, urine and pubic hair free? Try getting your car serviced after a nasty court battle. Why fight 'em? I let 'em win by taking my next $500,000 worth of car purchases to another dealer and another manufacturer. One day Cadillac will figure this whole customer service thing out, unfortunately not this week.

Brett
06-01-06, 09:10 PM
Magnussen-Moss Warranty Act.....

kind of an ironic name in the case of the V

Dealer: Your magnuson has voided your warranty
You: Magnussen says you cant do that
Dealer: Its the Magnuson that caused it
You: No magnussen will stop you
Dealer: huh?
You: huh?

Florian
06-01-06, 09:39 PM
steak's coming back saliva, urine and pubic hair free? .

CVP,

Funny, thats how BackDoorStang usually orders his....extra pubes with a quick knob wash, please!!!

F

CVP33
06-01-06, 09:49 PM
CVP,

Funny, thats how BackDoorStang usually orders his....extra pubes with a quick knob wash, please!!!

F

:highfive:

StealthV
06-01-06, 11:13 PM
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act
The Federal Trade Commission has enacted a law which protects consumers from discrimination when dealing with aftermarket products and new vehicle warranties. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act states that the original vehicle manufacturer’s warranty shall not be voided if a properly functioning aftermarket product is installed on your vehicle. If a dealership raises the red flag, direct the dealer representative to the Federal Trade Commission regarding the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act. For more information about this law and your rights as an aftermarket consumer, visit www.ftc.gov (http://www.ftc.gov/) or contact the vehicle manufacturer. SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) is also very active in protecting aftermarket consumer rights. Please visit the official SEMA website at www.sema.org (http://www.sema.org/) for more information.

-----------------------
Wonder what the history is behind this and why it is called what it is? Was Magnuson a law maker or company? (someone Google and find out... :) )

At the end of the day, the law seems pretty worthless. GM or the dealer points the finger at the non-factory part and washes their hands. And the only way for consumers to fight it is to hire a lawyer which probably would cost more than paying for the repair.

CVP nailed it. And unfortunately, it seems to be pretty common in many companies.

kali_cts03
06-01-06, 11:35 PM
kind of an ironic name in the case of the V

Dealer: Your magnuson has voided your warranty
You: Magnussen says you cant do that
Dealer: Its the Magnuson that caused it
You: No magnussen will stop you
Dealer: huh?
You: huh?

:histeric: that's good....

Chef
06-01-06, 11:46 PM
is like returning a steak to the kitchen because it's undercooked. Do you actually think your steak's coming back saliva, urine and pubic hair free?

Ah, that's not true at all....Maybe in some parts of the globe but not in my circle of 5/5:tisk:

As for stang, that's another order all together...

nxlr8
06-02-06, 12:44 AM
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act is a United States federal law (15 U.S.C. § 2301 et seq.). Enacted in 1975, it is the federal statute that governs warranties on consumer products.

The Act was sponsored by Senators Warren G. Magnuson of Washington and Frank Moss of Utah, both Democrats.

ctsvett
06-02-06, 12:48 AM
talk to heavy metals... he has some "family" insight into that act....

Reed

wildwhl
06-02-06, 01:22 AM
CVP = absolutely correct.

No matter how much I love this car - never another GM - ever.

heavy and family are sort of like maggie's moss...but that's a story for blowholestang to tell.

WW

ewill3rd
06-02-06, 05:51 AM
They can't void the warranty on the entire car because of a couple of modifictaions. They have to be able to prove that your modification directly affected the failure. I would suspect they could probably get away with justifying anything to do with the driveline or rear axle, but the powertrain and electrical components are obviously unaffected by your modifications.

GM is really cracking down on AVMs to cut warranty expenses at their dealers. It's likely they are passing the heat they are getting on down to you. It's not too surprising, however it is disappointing when AVMs think it's necessary to act like that. You are right, someone does have a burr under their saddle.

nxlr8
06-02-06, 06:53 PM
Avm?

Vendetta-V-
06-03-06, 12:36 PM
Avm?

CVP33
06-03-06, 12:59 PM
ASM? Area Service Manager
AVM? Anally Viscious Male

ASM and AVM are interchangeable

ewill3rd
06-07-06, 06:31 AM
Well I am not sure what it really stands for.... LOL
Basically it's the Area Manager.
I have heard lots of guys use the AVM term and I just use it so they know who I am talking about.
Lately I think it stands for "Vindictive".
...long story.

Redline CTS-V
06-07-06, 07:05 AM
AVM = Area Vehicle Manager

It's the main contact the dealer has with the manufacturer...

Kadonny
06-07-06, 08:54 AM
...long story.

We got time ;)